Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Milaysia Fulwiley Day 2 Wooten Camp.

The Wooten Camp [the late Morgan Wooten's son] is one of the premier Camp Events for Boys and Girls basketball/heavily scouted event

Reaction Score
A class of Barker, Cooper and Watkins would be big time. The athleticism but also the skill.
but, is there room for 2 bigs? I would have said "yes" before the Cardoso transfer, but now I am not so confident.

Reaction Score
but, is there room for 2 bigs? I would have said "yes" before the Cardoso transfer, but now I am not so confident.
Just my gut but I beleive Barker sees herself as a 3 or maybe even a big 2. Watkins is a 4 IMO There is room

Reaction Score
I don’t think Barker is being recruited strictly as a big. She could do very well at the wing spot. More than enough skill and she can actually shoot and dribble out there. Also getting her and Watkins would be a plus because we lose Saxton, Boston, and Amihere within the next two years and will need to replace them.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen she's a very skilled forward who can play away from the basket, a legitimate candidate to play on the wing. With all the depth, she likely won't play at the 2 very much at all, if any.

USC has plenty of room for incoming recruits like Barker given 5 players each of the next two have their normal 4 year eligibility ending, some who I see choosing to move on. I believe Boston, Cooke, Henderson and possibly Amihere, will move on to the WNBA draft. Also Wesolek and Thompson don't appear to ever be any major factor in game rotations even if they stay for the extra year. So that leaves Saxton, Littleton, and Beal as wildcards. I just think Dawn only needs to bring in moderately sized classes of around 3 recruits the next couple years.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The idea of a Barker/Feagin combo at the SF/PF spot is very enticing in the post-Boston/Amihere era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom