Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SC shot 51% from floor. 33% three. 25 assists on 42 fgs. Only 10 TOs.

Benedict shot 22% 19% 3pt.

SC rebounding edge 64-31.

Reaction Score
Cardoso 18 and 13 with 3 blocks in 22 minutes. 8/9 from the floor.

She's gonna like actually being fed the ball I think.

I've been holding onto this thought for a bit.

Stanford was +13 while Boston was on the bench in the Final Four.

as I've mentioned before Saxton went for 0 pts and 1 reb in 30 minutes in that same game.

Cardoso debuts with an 18 and 13 in 22 minutes.

that's potentially a huge swing to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With only looking at the stats the things that I noticed (besides Cordoso's performance) is that Raven matched Destanni's output and that Rivers took the most shot attempts. She must have the green light from Dawn to do whatever she wants on offense. I wonder if she was taking good shots or if she was trying to manufacture shots that weren't there. Does anyone who attended know the answer?

Reaction Score
With only looking at the stats the things that I noticed (besides Cordoso's performance) is that Raven matched Destanni's output and that Rivers took the most shot attempts. She must have the green light from Dawn to do whatever she wants on offense. I wonder if she was taking good shots or if she was trying to manufacture shots that weren't there. Does anyone who attended know the answer?
She missed a couple of wide open 3s before she knocked down a couple. Dawn has said she is an incredibly gifted scorer so I would imagine she has the green light.

Reaction Score
She missed a couple of wide open 3s before she knocked down a couple. Dawn has said she is an incredibly gifted scorer so I would imagine she has the green light.
Cardosa is going to be great, can't teach 6-7, and likes to run the floor.

Reaction Score
Cardosa is going to be great, can't teach 6-7, and likes to run the floor.
Recently watched the UConn-Syracuse NCAA game. Cardoso had a nice start with something like 10 and 5 in first half.

Syracuse stayed in the game while she was on floor and feel behind as soon as she left.

another example of what she might be able to bring to the table for a contender.

sheer size gives her opportunities to score and she's good at converting and doesn't struggle defending any post player really.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was there. After Seeing the team in person I’m really excited about the young ones. Rivers was definitely a little amped up on adrenaline.. missing some easy shots, but I definitely see the potential. Incredibly gifted. Johnson is going to be a great PG.. Hall is long and looks great out there. Feagin is 6’3 with true guard skills.. lots of room for growth.. but Cardoso really stood out. She’s just a presence on the court. She towers over the other players, even Boston.. but she’s not slow and lumbering at all. She loves to compete.

Reaction Score
Wow! I'm really impressed with Saniya's interview. I could see her working for ESPN after she retires from the WNBA. If anything, I think she maybe said too much at times -- giving NC State some bulletin board material. But, I kind of like it. She seems to have that moxy that Dawn thought was missing from last year's team.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Wow! I'm really impressed with Saniya's interview. I could see her working for ESPN after she retires from the WNBA. If anything, I think she maybe said too much at times -- giving NC State some bulletin board material. But, I kind of like it. She seems to have that moxy that Dawn thought was missing from last year's team.

the line about her broken nose near the end made me lol

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score

What a class act and a great speaker. She sounds like a coach rather than a player....

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins announcing Nov. 17th at Cardinal Newman High.....

Ashlyn Watkins’ recruitment is about to near a conclusion. The Cardinal Newman senior will be announcing her college choice on Nov. 17 at her Columbia-area high school on the final day of the early fall period for basketball. Athletes have between Nov. 10 and 17 to sign their national letter of intent for the fall period.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article255541871.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins announcing Nov. 17th at Cardinal Newman High.....

Ashlyn Watkins’ recruitment is about to near a conclusion. The Cardinal Newman senior will be announcing her college choice on Nov. 17 at her Columbia-area high school on the final day of the early fall period for basketball. Athletes have between Nov. 10 and 17 to sign their national letter of intent for the fall period.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article255541871.html#storylink=cpy
I will be really surprised if Ashlyn chooses UNC. She has been a fixture at SC games even while A’ja was playing. PT might be a thing for a year but she could slide right in to Aliyah’s spot.

Reaction Score
I will be really surprised if Ashlyn chooses UNC. She has been a fixture at SC games even while A’ja was playing. PT might be a thing for a year but she could slide right in to Aliyah’s spot.

She'll need to beat out Feagin to start. But plenty of PT up for grabs her Sophomore year, no doubt.

Reaction Score
She'll need to beat out Feagin to start. But plenty of PT up for grabs her Sophomore year, no doubt.
Watkins' situation will be pretty similar to Feagin's this season: spend her freshman season learning and developing her game. Saxton, Wesolek, and Grissett (she can provide depth at the 4 in some situations) will be gone. She will be behind seniors Boston and Amihere, junior Cardoso and sophomore Feagin. So that's four (4) 4s and 5s ahead of her, just as Feagin will be dealing with this season, not counting Grissett (technically Feagin is behind five counting Wesolek, but I feel she'd probably beat out Elisa on the depth chart).

Then for Watkins' sophomore season, it will be Cardoso, Feagin, and her. Dawn will need to find another big for the 2023 cycle (Toomey? Del Rosario?) or via the Portal, or there could be some depth issues in the post, but Ashlyn should get plenty of PT starting her sophomore season.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Watkins' situation will be pretty similar to Feagin's this season: spend her freshman season learning and developing her game. Saxton, Wesolek, and Grissett (she can provide depth at the 4 in some situations) will be gone. She will be behind seniors Boston and Amihere, junior Cardoso and sophomore Feagin. So that's four (4) 4s and 5s ahead of her, just as Feagin will be dealing with this season, not counting Grissett (technically Feagin is behind five counting Wesolek, but I feel she'd probably beat out Elisa on the depth chart).

Then for Watkins' sophomore season, it will be Cardoso, Feagin, and her. Dawn will need to find another big for the 2023 cycle (Toomey? Del Rosario?) or via the Portal, or there could be some depth issues in the post, but Ashlyn should get plenty of PT starting her sophomore season.....
Likely Del Rosario. I don’t think we’re in it with Toomey.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Saw on the news here, that you guys and the real Carolina had a secret scrimmage. Hope you guys get bold enough and put them back on the real schedule. They HATE losing to yall... and that makes me feel warm inside.

Reaction Score
Saw on the news here, that you guys and the real Carolina had a secret scrimmage. Hope you guys get bold enough and put them back on the real schedule. They HATE losing to yall... and that makes me feel warm inside.
Looks like they kept it within 10 or so, might be a problem for you.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like they kept it within 10 or so, might be a problem for you.

Seems like more of a problem for yall. I assumed the fighting chickens would have handled them with ease. We aint losing to that bunch from Chapel Hill ( i pray we don't)

Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Seems like more of a problem for yall. I assumed the fighting chickens would have handled them with ease. We aint losing to that bunch from Chapel Hill ( i pray we don't)
Scrimmages are not about winning or losing. It's about seeing different setups and combinations. The score is not even a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom