Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
She has her OV this weekend so I assume she'll announce shortly afterwards
Isn't the timing interesting with an SC/NC scrimmage in Columbia this weekend? Who wouldn't love to see that scrimmage at the old Coliseum/Practice facility.

Reaction Score
Would love to see the results of that scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Watkins is taking in the scrimmage considering she’s down to both schools? I think seeing them play will help her decide better ;).
A scrimmage decides nothing

Reaction Score
Looks like a respectable showing by UNC. Early lead and only 71-61 near the end.

though I guess you don't really know the format. probably wasn't a straight exhibition right?

Reaction Score
Does not look like the Benedict exhibition is televised on SEC+. Anyone know differently?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Has any team ever had so many quality shot blockers? From the scrimmage clip we saw at least Boston, Cardoso and Amihere all swat shots, plus Saxson is an excellent shot blocker and I wouldn't be surprised if Feagin is too based on her size.

Reaction Score
Has any team ever had so many quality shot blockers? From the scrimmage clip we saw at least Boston, Cardoso and Amihere all swat shots, plus Saxson is an excellent shot blocker and I wouldn't be surprised if Feagin is too based on her size.

And Rivers (#44) came up behind the Tarheel player at the 20-second mark and swatted her attempt away from behind. Rivers is 6-1, so she's a good off-the-ball stealth blocker while players are focusing on Boston or Cardoso. She has long arms too, and is a solid perimeter defender, averaging over 5 steals per game as a high school senior.....

Feagin averaged 4 blocks per game over 118 career high school games (455 blocks), so she's definitely adept at smacking opposing tosses.

We will still need to see more to see if the offensive dynamic improves substantially, but the defense at least should be pretty stout this season....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of Dawn's earliest reports said that Bree came to camp the most all-round ready of the 4 frosh - Offensively and defensively - especially the latter.
I think she has the potential to be huge for the team, she's tall and defensive minded and appears to not be afraid to shoot it. Sounds like a good reserve for Beal.

Reaction Score
Bree Hall looks to be ahead of where I was thinking.
Her high school highlights didn’t feel that much different than Saniya’s. I’ve felt for a while she might be getting slept on, particularly with ESPN’s initial rating they put on her (I forgot what it was, believe it was in the twenties). So it’s not a total surprise she’s already showing out in practices. During the intrasquad event last month, I took notice of her being quite active all over the court on D. She appeared comfortable out there.
And in the backcourt you also could add in Saniya Rivers and Bree Hall who both have impressive wing spans giving them the potential to be shot blockers too.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Call me crazy... but Duke 2015-16. Elizabeth Williams (top 10 shot blocker in WCBB history), Azura Stevens, Oderah Chidom, Kendall Cooper, and Amber Henson.

Reaction Score
Her high school highlights didn’t feel that much different than Saniya’s. I’ve felt for a while she might be getting slept on, particularly with ESPN’s initial rating they put on her (I forgot what it was, believe it was in the twenties). So it’s not a total surprise she’s already showing out in practices. During the intrasquad event last month, I took notice of her being quite active all over the court on D. She appeared comfortable out there.

And in the backcourt you also could add in Saniya Rivers and Bree Hall who both have impressive wing spans giving them the potential to be shot blockers too.

Hall looked really good in the intersquad.

figuring out exactly what she is will be fun.

not sure if she's a lot like anyone we've had.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy... but Duke 2015-16. Elizabeth Williams (top 10 shot blocker in WCBB history), Azura Stevens, Oderah Chidom, Kendall Cooper, and Amber Henson.
Go away Blue Demon:

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Cardoso 18 and 13 with 3 blocks in 22 minutes. 8/9 from the floor.

She's gonna like actually being fed the ball I think.

Reaction Score
Gamecocks win 98-41. Cardoso led the team with 18 pts on 8-9 shooting in 22 minutes, with 13 rebounds and 3 blocks. Boston added 12 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. Amihere also added 12 pts, 5 rebs, and 4 assists. Russell - subbing as a starter for Zia Cooke (sprained ankle prior to the game - is listed day-to-day), added 8 pts, 4 boards, and 1 steal. Beal chipped in 8 pts, 9 boards, and 1 block. Henderson added 4 pts, 7 assists, and 2 steals.

Freshmen Rivers scored 11 pts 2 boards and 2 blocks, and Johnson added 8 pts, 7 assists, 2 steals and 1 block. Hall had 3 pts, 3 rebs, and 2 steals, and Feagin added 4 pts.

Overall the Gamecocks had 64 rebounds, 25 assists, 12 blocks, and 10 steals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom