Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Ha well, FWIW I don't think she's a dork!

I have always loved Staley, since her Virginia days. Yes I've given her some grief now and then, but only when she's asked for it, and even then it comes from a place of love and admiration. And besides, would a dork have this hairdo?

View attachment 70482
Ah. The asymmetrical bob. The haircut my mom and all of my aunts and older female cousins had in the late 80s/early 90s. They really thought they were Salt-n-Pepa

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ah. The asymmetrical bob. The haircut my mom and all of my aunts and older female cousins had in the late 80s/early 90s. They really thought they were Salt-n-Pepa
Ha no way! I seriously thought about doing a side-by-side of that pic with a Salt-n-Pepa pic, but I was too lazy ha.

Reaction Score
MC Lyte also comes to mind when I see those old pics of Dawn.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
A non-public verbal made almost half a year ago binds Watkins to nothing............
We were not talking about "binding" her. It was only a statement that she may have already been on board. The binding only comes after they sign. I am pretty sure I am well versed in the process...but thanks anyway for the teaching moment. Geez.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think I can be any more pumped for this season! Sounds like Rivers and Johnson are going to make great role players. I think they'll make that 9-player rotation Dawn was suggesting.
As good as I thought Rivers was, she’s sounding even better. Dawn does not usually hype freshmen unless they’re pretty good. She’s excited about Rivers.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Saxton has added a perimeter game. Would be curious to see the extent that developed in one offseason since it was virtually nonexistent last year (still love her game, though).

2020-21 Boston/Saxton was a Wilson/Cambage situation. Not enough room to operate down low even though both are best served there.

I think Boston may primarily play the 4 offensively by the time all is said and done, though.

Hope Feagin sticks it out this year. She’s uber-talented, just in a tight playing rotation.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Was a little surprised that she wasn't seeing the defense yet.

Thought that might be her early calling card. She should be great at some point though.
Same for me. I thought Rivers would make an earlier impact defensively instead of offensively. But seems like the other way around. Dawn seems pleasantly surprised with her offensive skillset so it sounds like she’s been working on her game.

Reaction Score
I don't think I can be any more pumped for this season! Sounds like Rivers and Johnson are going to make great role players. I think they'll make that 9-player rotation Dawn was suggesting.

UConn fans feel the same way. Wouldn’t you love to see UConn and SC play a 7 game series? The back and forth and strategic moves would be incredible to watch.

Reaction Score
UConn fans feel the same way. Wouldn’t you love to see UConn and SC play a 7 game series? The back and forth and strategic moves would be incredible to watch.
I just wanna' see THREE this year with the third being the penultimate game.

Reaction Score

a postseason of the top 8 playing multi-game series would be super fun.

Stanford, NC State, Maryland, Baylor, Oregon, Louisville would be my guess for the other 6.

Reaction Score
Isn't the whole excitement of March Madness and what sets it apart from the pros is that you only get one shot to prove yourself when it matters most.

Reaction Score
Isn't the whole excitement of March Madness and what sets it apart from the pros is that you only get one shot to prove yourself when it matters most.

less fun when you're a favorite, perhaps.

Then you actually want to see who has the best team.

March Madness does a bad job there.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20211030-142421_Instagram.jpg

North Carolina vs South Carolina scrimmage today.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Watkins is taking in the scrimmage considering she’s down to both schools? I think seeing them play will help her decide better ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom