Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kids still listen to Darius Rucker and Nelly? I learn something new everyday. :confused:
There's alot of people in that arena. :eek:

Reaction Score
Rucker and Nelly does make for a weird combo. Would love to see the backstory how Nelly came on board. Also interesting to have a Missouri guy helping to celebrate the Gamecocks WBB National Championship. :cool:

The best video of the event are in the player’s IG stories so if you would like to flip through them in the next 24 hrs before they go away.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rucker and Nelly does make for a weird combo. Would love to see the backstory how Nelly came on board. Also interesting to have a Missouri guy helping to celebrate the Gamecocks WBB National Championship. :cool:

The best video of the event are in the player’s IG stories so if you would like to flip through them in the next 24 hrs before they go away.

Who would they get next year at a concert? Anita Baker and Megan the Stallion? :p

Reaction Score
Who would they get next year at a concert? Anita Baker and Megan the Stallion? :p
Darius Rucker is an alumni and a big fan of our WBB team. When they got to the FF he said if they won it all he would throw a free concert for the students. Darius asked Nelly to come play too. I assume it was to give a little variety. Anyway Hootie and the Blowfish (Darius’ old band) played too. He said if they win next year he wants to do it in the stadium. Looks like they had a great time. This is how a National Championship should be celebrated - big time.

Reaction Score
Okay. I had to Google Nelly.

I 67 yo. Anybody remember the Swinging Medallions?
Name didn't strike a chord so I looked them up on YouTube. Definitely have heard their song, "Double Shot Of My Baby's Love", quite often.

Historically, rappers also love swinging medallions, particularly diamond encrusted ones, hanging off decent sized gold chains.

Reaction Score
Okay. I had to Google Nelly.

I 67 yo. Anybody remember the Swinging Medallions?
Ha... My cousin plays the trumpet in the Swinging Medallions. He isn't an original member. It's the group that's been touring since the late 80s/early 90s with a couple of the originals, their kids and my cousin was friends with one of their sons and they asked him to join them. They still perform today.

Reaction Score

I thought it made sense. Both Nelly and Darius perform country music and still have their own lane for everybody in the crowd. I can't think of a mainstream hip hop artist who could fit better than him.

My concern was the age of the crowd, but then I realized these students were the perfect age to be 2nd generation fans. There's actually a chance a few them were actually procreated to some of these songs lol.

Reaction Score
We could be getting the "Fair Kid" Dyaisha Fair. Tweeted a commitment is coming soon.. I tweeted at her Chicken Emoji..lol..she liked the reply.

Attachments

• Possible.PNG
    Possible.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 106
Reaction Score
We could be getting the "Fair Kid" Dyaisha Fair. Tweeted a commitment is coming soon.. I tweeted at her Chicken Emoji..lol..she liked the reply.

Birdie tweet watch activated.

Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton posted her good-bye on IG. Made me cry and idc who knows it. It was such a genuinely touching video she put together. She's "hanging up her basketball shoes" as she put it to pursue her dream of being a physician.

Reaction Score

Love Destiny. So glad that after a period darkness she found a place where, it was obvious, she found happiness. Kinda crazy for a girl from around San Diego fall in love with Columbia. Can’t have two better mentors and shoulders to lean on than Coach Staley and Dr. Guy. Hopefully she and Jaylin are destined for a great future together with many baby chicks some day in their nest. :)

Reaction Score

Love Destiny. So glad that after a period darkness she found a place where, it was obvious, she found happiness. Kinda crazy for a girl from around San Diego fall in love with Columbia. Can’t have two better mentors and shoulders to lean on than Coach Staley and Dr. Guy. Hopefully she and Jaylin are destined for a great future together with many baby chicks some day in their nest. :)

We have a lot ot athletes that end up together. Low-key think we screen our athletes to make sure we can match a few to have future pure-bred Gamecocks. LOL.

Reaction Score
Back to Darius and the concert for a sec. I won't post the video here bc of language but he had quite a message for Tennessee at the concert that consisted of two simple words. I'll paraphrase:

"Frick" Tennessee.

Gamecock through and through. :D;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What is yalls problem with TN? I can understand hostility towards Clemson and Big Carolina, but not TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom