Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This may be a big draw from the transfer portal. South Carolina could possibly lose 7 players next year.
PROJECTED ROSTER FOR 2022-23 SOUTH CAROLINA WOMEN’S BASKETBALL Listed with class, position, height and hometown Fifth-year senior — Victaria Saxton (F, 6-2) Rome, Ga. Fifth-year senior — Kierra Fletcher (G, 5-9) Warren, Mich. Senior — Laeticia Amihere (F, 6-4) Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Senior — Brea Beal (G, 6-1) Rock Island, Ill. Senior — Aliyah Boston (F, 6-5) St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. Senior — Zia Cooke (G, 5-9) Toledo, Ohio Senior — Olivia Thompson (G, 5-8) Lexington, S.C. Junior — Kamilla Cardoso (C, 6-7) Montes Claros, Brazil Sophomore — Sania Feagin (F, 6-3) Ellenwood, Ga. Sophomore — Bree Hall (G, 6-0) Dayton, Ohio Sophomore — Raven Johnson (G, 5-8) Atlanta, Ga. Sophomore — Saniya Rivers (G, 6-1) Wilmington, N.C. Freshman — Talaysia Cooper (G, 6-0) Turbeville, S.C. Freshman — Ashlyn Watkins (F, 6-3) Columbia, S.C.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article260266630.html#storylink=cpy
I have a gut feeling that Beal and LA will come back for their 5th year. Obviously, we'll have to see how things play out this next year but I expect LA will want a year as a starter and Beal will take the Saxton route of using another year to improve her draft status.

Barring injury, I don't expect Boston or Cooke to come back for a 5th year. I could see the potential for Cooke to return if she has a bad season.

If I had to guess, I bet Liv will transfer to another university to work on a graduate degree.

And obviously, Fletcher and Saxton will have no more eligibility once the season ends.

But, yes, the team will be gutted after this season and the era of the 2019 #1 recruiting class will be over. But still, a potential starting five of Cardoso, Amihere, Beal, Rivers, and Johnson is no joke!

lol I'm talking 2023-2024 season before the 2022-2023 season has begun. :p

I wouldn't mind taking a look at this post in two years to see if I was right!

Reaction Score
I have a gut feeling that Beal and LA will come back for their 5th year. Obviously, we'll have to see how things play out this next year but I expect LA will want a year as a starter and Beal will take the Saxton route of using another year to improve her draft status.

Barring injury, I don't expect Boston or Cooke to come back for a 5th year. I could see the potential for Cooke to return if she has a bad season.

If I had to guess, I bet Liv will transfer to another university to work on a graduate degree.

And obviously, Fletcher and Saxton will have no more eligibility once the season ends.

But, yes, the team will be gutted after this season and the era of the 2019 #1 recruiting class will be over. But still, a potential starting five of Cardoso, Amihere, Beal, Rivers, and Johnson is no joke!

Not sure Amihere can come back for an extra year. Remember she came in after Christmas before everybody else because she tore up her knee and came here and had surgery and PT. She redshirted that year. I suppose she could ask for a medical redshirt but she'd take a chance on it not being approved and miss out on the draft.

Reaction Score
Not sure Amihere can come back for an extra year. Remember she came in after Christmas before everybody else because she tore up her knee and came here and had surgery and PT. She redshirted that year. I suppose she could ask for a medical redshirt but she'd take a chance on it not being approved and miss out on the draft.
I don't think redshirt years count towards the extra Covid year.

Reaction Score
Does anybody have a link to the roster for FBC United AAU team this year. I think it's chock full of POIs for the Gamecocks for 23 and 24 classes?

Second, are we hearing any whispers about Kiyomi McMiller formerly from Maryland who played this year for Trinity High out of Darlington, SC? She looks like a consensus top 10 recruit for '24. Any visits? Communication w coaches?

Reaction Score
Does anybody have a link to the roster for FBC United AAU team this year. I think it's chock full of POIs for the Gamecocks for 23 and 24 classes?

Second, are we hearing any whispers about Kiyomi McMiller formerly from Maryland who played this year for Trinity High out of Darlington, SC? She looks like a consensus top 10 recruit for '24. Any visits? Communication w coaches?

I don’t have a roster but Joyce Edwards Jaloni Cambridge, Ella Hobbs are all 24’ recruits and are on the roster. Milaysia Fulwiley is playing with Team Curry this summer. Reniya Kelly and Courtney Ogden were 23’ recruits but they’ve committed to UNC and Stanford respectively.

Reaction Score
Thoroughly enjoyed the championship parade. Pic with my fave freshman!
Just finished watching a recording of Dawn's live cast of the beginning of the parade on her IG account. She was having the time of her life! SO wish I could have been there.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Both Beal and Amihere are interesting WNBA prospects. Neither has shown offensive capabilities to be WNBA players but have all the size and athletic tools to be pros. Amihere especially. I saw this article and she has a 6'10 wing span, fastest sprint time of any SC player, plus top bench/deadlift weight and a 29 inch vertical. She needs to refine her game but might be one of the best athletic prospects the WNBA has seen in a long time.

Link

Reaction Score
Both Beal and Amihere are interesting WNBA prospects. Neither has shown offensive capabilities to be WNBA players but have all the size and athletic tools to be pros. Amihere especially. I saw this article and she has a 6'10 wing span, fastest sprint time of any SC player, plus top bench/deadlift weight and a 29 inch vertical. She needs to refine her game but might be one of the best athletic prospects the WNBA has seen in a long time.

Link
Amihere is unreal, but she has too many tools at her disposal. She is versatile enough to do almost anything but doesn't know when or where to use all her skills. If she ever does figure it out, she'll be a nightmare at any level.

Reaction Score
How credible is this source? Seems a lot of these ppl just be blowing smoke.

Reaction Score
I can’t see us taking Blackwell. Where’s she going to play? Anyway, if Littleton doesn’t come back we are down to 14. Dawn ideally likes 12. I just don’t see it. I like our group going forward. That makes 11 solid contributors plus Olivia and the 2 freshmen. That’s a good group. You can figure Dawn will be a recruiting machine the next year. I think Fulwiley is our silent commit. There will be all kinds of transfer rumors floating around this time next year.

Reaction Score
Championship parade was awesome. Dr. Pastides gives a great championship speech. Really great to see so many former Gamecocks. Loved seeing La’Keisha Sutton and Ieasia Walker in particular. Got a nice hug from Sutton (one of my all time favorite GC’s). :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can’t see us taking Blackwell. Where’s she going to play? Anyway, if Littleton doesn’t come back we are down to 14. Dawn ideally likes 12. I just don’t see it. I like our group going forward. That makes 11 solid contributors plus Olivia and the 2 freshmen. That’s a good group. You can figure Dawn will be a recruiting machine the next year. I think Fulwiley is our silent commit. There will be all kinds of transfer rumors floating around this time next year.

Too bad college's can't make trades like in the NBA. Send a few of Duke Men's (basketball) players to SC in exchange for some SC Women's players. :p

Reaction Score
Championship parade was awesome. Dr. Pastides gives a great championship speech. Really great to see so many former Gamecocks. Loved seeing La’Keisha Sutton and Ieasia Walker in particular. Got a nice hug from Sutton (one of my all time favorite GC’s). :cool:
Saw pictures of the parade. Really impressed with the turnout for the team. So well deserved.

Reaction Score
Bet she’s headed to UNC. She’s an elite passer and I hate to lose her but we really need a shooter. The first 2 were expected. This one is a surprise. She’s got DO NOT CONTACT listed so she knows where she’s going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom