Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m so sad!!!! I wish her the best but will have to choose a new fave. There are so many options it might take me some time

Plenty to choose from :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
boom.gif

Reaction Score
There you have it. It’s been a problem all year and Dawn alluded to it early in the season. She’s a talent for sure but sometimes it’s best to just let go. Doesn’t mean there was anything wrong with Dawn, the team or the player. It just wasn’t a good fit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There you have it. It’s been a problem all year and Dawn alluded to it early in the season. She’s a talent for sure but sometimes it’s best to just let go. Doesn’t mean there was anything wrong with Dawn, the team or the player. It just wasn’t a good fit.

What did Staley allude to ?

Reaction Score
What did Staley allude to ?
That Saniya wanted to transfer, and that was before we played Maryland so would have been before Christmas. It wasn’t anything bad, but if you want PT on a loaded roster then you go where they need you. They needed her at backup PG after Raven went down. She wasn’t happy with that. Anyway, it doesnt matter now.

We will have a great story to tell for next year for recruits and transfers and Dawn isn’t wasting Any time. I expect another stellar class this coming year.

Reaction Score
Dawn tweeted about being at dinner with a recruit. If someone knows its gotta be a Gamecock fan on the bY

Reaction Score
I believe Dawn also mentioned about player(s) potentially transferring during one of her press conferences in the NCAA Tournament. I assumed it was Eniya Russell, but I simply wasn’t reading the room well enough to see Saniya Rivers lol.

Reaction Score
Gamecock fans... Does anyone know where to find the photo of the "kickball" incident that occurred with Stanford last year that was not called? I have someone who seems to be questioning the validity of that happening. I know there is a photo of that moment that clearly shows it but I cannot find it.

Reaction Score
Gamecock fans... Does anyone know where to find the photo of the "kickball" incident that occurred with Stanford last year that was not called? I have someone who seems to be questioning the validity of that happening. I know there is a photo of that moment that clearly shows it but I cannot find it.

Attachments

• 1650210292280.jpeg
    1650210292280.jpeg
    898.9 KB · Views: 160
Reaction Score
I see Barker tagged one of her IG stories ‘Texas A&M’, so looks like she took in a visit to College Station this weekend after playing in the Jordan Brand Classic on Friday.

Reaction Score
Speaking of 2023 and recruiting, A great class for the Gamecocks would be: Milaysia Fulwiley, Madison Booker, and Aalyah Del Rosario. The more I see of Del Rosario, the more she fits Coach Staley's model post player. Great hands, great footwork and TALL.....Aalyah, we love the post at SC and you can be next in our line of great 5s. You want/need a program that runs the offense through the post and no one does it better than SC. Practicing against Cardoso, Feagin, and Watkins will make your post game unstoppable. Madison Booker is a very athletic wing that would remind us of Kiki and give us a driving wing with a pull up game. Milaysia is Milaysia...she is a scorer of extraordinary proportions and so incredibly exciting to watch. This is my 2023 class...and I am speaking it into existence. Put this group with our returning players and the 2022 class and keep booking those Final Four appearances.....and Nattys

Reaction Score

The imitation of Dawn dancing would've been completely spot on if she had stuck her tongue out while she was doing it. And the rolled up papers in the hand... Hahahaha. You always know how stressed Dawn is by how tightly she has those papers rolled up. LOL.

They all looked so great and like they were having an amazing time. They always do seem to have a blast together, though.

Reaction Score
I like Fair, but she’s a super high-volume shooter. Can’t see this being a fit.

If our coaching staff feels she can be a fit then I’m all for her coming on board. Her shooting percentages are like that because she was far and away their best scorer and player. She also gave our guards all they could handle back in November and with a better cast of players her game would definitely improve in all areas. She’s not committed yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if she committed soon.

Reaction Score
She is a good offensive player. Doubtful Dawn would let her shoot at that type of volume if she choose SC but they brought her in because of what she can do offensively and can stretch the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree but perhaps she’s looking for the opposite of Rivers..i.e. She’s been the focal point of a squad w/ lots of volume & now wants to play for a team with the best chance of winning a championship. Even at a lower volume, she would be a tremendous weapon. Also - I checked & apparently we recruited her some her out of HS so there was a previous relationship between her & staff. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom