Fudd | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Fudd

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It would help me take a real, relaxing, deep breath if I just had a hint, an inkling, a tidbit of info regarding the veracity of your source. I could then pull myself out of Def Con 2 and have a glass of wine. :D:D
Heck if I was at DEFCON 2, I would have already had a bottle of wine and now on to the hard stuff, like a 5th of Southern Comfort.:eek::eek:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If Azzi adds 2 more schools then I think UCLA is out. I believe it ends between UConn and Maryland.
Don't sleep on Louisville. Remember a young lady named Asia Durr. Fortunately for UConn and Maryland Fudd will not take a visit to Louisville.

Reaction Score
I think she wants to stay close to home, so Maryland it is. That's why she hasn't made the big announcement yet because of the blowback she knows she's going to get for rejecting the top program in her sport. With the NCAA allowing a penalty free transfer she can try Maryland for a year or two, and if it doesn't work out, she can always go to her second (or third) choice. I think we'll see a lot of that with the new NCAA rule - a top recruit can make the safe and easy choice knowing that if it doesn't work, they can still go elsewhere. The risk of their initial decision has essentially been eliminated.

Reaction Score
I think she wants to stay close to home, so Maryland it is. That's why she hasn't made the big announcement yet because of the blowback she knows she's going to get for rejecting the top program in her sport. With the NCAA allowing a penalty free transfer she can try Maryland for a year or two, and if it doesn't work out, she can always go to her second (or third) choice. I think we'll see a lot of that with the new NCAA rule - a top recruit can make the safe and easy choice knowing that if it doesn't work, they can still go elsewhere. The risk of their initial decision has essentially been eliminated.
Yes there will be tons of transfers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I tried to help'yall out so you don't have to stress out so much about Azzi, as due to Covid we're already stressed, but you'all are determined to be stressed. Its as if you want to be stressed and seek it out.
Azzi is coming to Storrs. Relax and take a breath.
We’re doomed.

Reaction Score
The poster is not anonymous to those on the Maryland board. He covers Maryland sports.
And Maryland fans knows that IMS do not cover women sports of any kind unless it's major news like the Angel Reese signing. (and that had an ulterior motive because her brother committed to the Terps as well)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And Maryland fans knows that IMS do not cover women sports of any kind unless it's major news like the Angel Reese signing. (and that had an ulterior motive because her brother committed to the Terps as well)

So you’re saying the post is not accurate?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I tried to help'yall out so you don't have to stress out so much about Azzi, as due to Covid we're already stressed, but you'all are determined to be stressed. Its as if you want to be stressed and seek it out.
Azzi is coming to Storrs. Relax and take a breath.

You know you are risking being visited by a whole bunch of people with torches and pitch forks. You do know that, right?

Reaction Score
You know you are risking being visited by a whole bunch of people with torches and pitch forks. You do know that, right?
Ignore his posts. I don't pay attention to those people put their profile private, unless I know them.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why this guy is getting such a negative reception. To me, this is a no-brainer. I would suggest that the doubters reread closely the two quotes from Dad and the one from Azzi right near the end of Bonjour's article in the CT Post. If the family was trying to project the idea that this was a close competition, I'd expect something about how much they like the other schools involved. Those schools have nothing for her basketball career to match UConn.

Reaction Score
I understand the obsession. I also understand the point that it seems obvious that UCONN is the best place to go for WNBA preparation. If that were the only consideration for one's college choice it is indeed a no brainer. However, there is, for many, a bigger purpose to college than preparation for a professional basketball career.

A career in women's basketball (Sue Bird and DT not withstanding) is relatively short when compared with ones' lifetime. Very few women will make enough money playing basketball to be "set for life." Given the uncertainty of a life in basketball (how close is that career ending injury?) I have to think these kids might just have some other criteria when deciding what school to attend.

Azzi will announce when she is ready. She will choose the school that is most in line with her priorities with the guidance of her family.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Azzi has been unable to make an Official visits to UCONN. I am well aware that she along with her Dad have been on Campus several times to attend games.
Also was she able to make Official visits to UCLA/Louisville/Maryland prior to the virus spread.. just curious

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Azzi has been unable to make an Official visits to UCONN. I am well aware that she along with her Dad have been on Campus several times to attend games.
Also was she able to make Official visits to UCLA/Louisville/Maryland prior to the virus spread.. just curious
Hard to know if someone is unable to do something; like proving a negative.. Head bang

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With the vaccine for the Covid 19 virus projected to not be available to the general public until mid 2021, a number of players may choose to stay close to home. Their parents may also think that way. That could favor Maryland. I just hope it does not cause Brady to change her commitment. I also hope it does not play into Fudd's choice.

Reaction Score
Sir, I understand but have no reason to worry as I know the truth and time will prove me correct.
Don't forget to thank me once the formal announcement happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom