Fudd | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Fudd

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For all those expressing concerns about the Fudds drive from Fairfax, VA to Storrs, CT, I would point out that they can drive to BWI, catch a short flight (1 hr & 10 min) to Bradley International on Southwest Airlines for $84.

Just sayin......

Reaction Score
For all those expressing concerns about the Fudds drive from Fairfax, VA to Storrs, CT, I would point out that they can drive to BWI, catch a short flight (1 hr & 10 min) to Bradley International on Southwest Airlines for $84.

Just sayin......
Wow that's pretty cheap. That's a no-brainer versus driving IMO. I once did the LGA-PIT flight. Little over an hour in the air for $150 versus driving eight hours.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes, the drive can be difficult. But there is the view of 11 National Championship banners once you get there. A view that Maryland, and every other program, can't offer.
True, Jonathan, but, I believe today's players are more interested in future NC than those in the past. Well, some of them anyway. Although, since 2000, four years is the longest UConn has gone without winning a NC. Four years have gone by. So, what do you think? Will UConn end their four year drought this season? I really hope so.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
True, Jonathan, but, I believe today's players are more interested in future NC than those in the past. Well, some of them anyway. Although, since 2000, four years is the longest UConn has gone without winning a NC. Four years have gone by. So, what do you think? Will UConn end their four year drought this season? I really hope so.
At UConn, 4 years without a national championship seems like an eternity. For what it’s worth, relative to the other schools Azzi is reportedly considering, it has been 15 seasons since MD won its national championship and neither UCLA or Louisville has ever won a National championship.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At UConn, 4 years without a national championship seems like an eternity. For what it’s worth, relative to the other schools Azzi is reportedly considering, it has been 15 seasons since MD won its national championship and neither UCLA or Louisville has ever won a National championship.
UCLA did win the national title in 1978, in the AIAW era, beating none other than Maryland in the championship game.

Fun SI article on the title game: NO. 1 FOR THE WIZARDESS OF WESTWOOD

Fun news clip of a game earlier in the 1978 season when Maryland beat UCLA at home:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCLA did win the national title in 1978, in the AIAW era, beating none other than Maryland in the championship game.

Fun news clip of a game earlier in the 1978 season when Maryland beat UCLA at home:

Thanks for setting me straight. Serves me right for only checking on “NCAA” Women’s Champions.

Reaction Score

I actually remember that year. In the regular season, UCLA played Maryland at historic Cole Field House in front of 12,000 fans. It was the first game of a doubleheader with the men team playing that night. That was a great value.

Reaction Score
Of course we Uconn fans want a title every year but is it realistic anymore. For example Patriot fans want the same think but they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. And the Yankees..well you get the gist. Getting to the final 4 should be the realistic goal..Don't hate me for my opinion. I love watching our ladies win!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Of course we Uconn fans want a title every year but is it realistic anymore. For example Patriot fans want the same think but they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. And the Yankees..well you get the gist. Getting to the final 4 should be the realistic goal..Don't hate me for my opinion. I love watching our ladies win!
We won’t hate you for this opinion but we can still hate you for other reasons, right? :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Of course we Uconn fans want a title every year but is it realistic anymore. For example Patriot fans want the same think but they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. And the Yankees..well you get the gist. Getting to the final 4 should be the realistic goal.. Don't hate me for my opinion. I love watching our ladies win!
:eek: Not for this UCONN WBB fan. Until Geno retires and/or UCONN stops getting the #1 ranked player in the recruiting classes, Championships will remain my expectation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And that could be reason enough for her to decide on UCLA. That's not my hope of course, but leading a school who has never done it could be a bigger challenge.

Reaction Score
I actually remember that year. In the regular season, UCLA played Maryland at historic Cole Field House in front of 12,000 fans. It was the first game of a doubleheader with the men team playing that night. That was a great value.

Yes, and the great Ann Meyers (Dave's sister) led the team to victory with nearly a quad double.

Reaction Score
:eek: Not for this UCONN WBB fan. Until Geno retires and/or UCONN stops getting the #1 ranked player in the recruiting classes Championships will remain my expectation.

From a high, second level program

Final Fours are my realistic expectation for about the next six years. (Perhaps "reasonable" rather than "realistic".)

Championships are my not-too-unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And that could be reason enough for her to decide on UCLA. That's not my hope of course, but leading a school who has never done it could be a bigger challenge.
As has been pointed out to me, UCLA WBB did win a national championship back in the old AIAW days. But if Azzi really wants a challenge, she could go to East Carolina, Pepperdine or perhaps SW Missouri St.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After Caitlin Clark misses out on making the NCAA's for four years get back to me on that.

AFJ

Reaction Score
So are you saying that the current lineup is better than the TASS teams? UConn in 2000 had more talent than the current team.
UCONN in 2002 had more talent than any other college team, EVER! Even the 2000 team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCONN in 2002 had more talent than any other college team, EVER! Even the 2000 team.
Next season's team will put an end to that speculation. It will be the best UConn team EVER! That is, until the following season when Brady arrives.;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
After Caitlin Clark misses out on making the NCAA's for four years get back to me on that.
Wait, I am confused, are you saying Iowa won't even make the NCAAT or win a title? Iowa will make the NCAAT all 4/5 years that she's at Iowa, doubtful she makes it to the Elite 8 never mind a Final Four or a title game. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Just sayin......

One more reason to come to UConn. :D

Reaction Score
Wait, I am confused, are you saying Iowa won't even make the NCAAT or win a title? Iowa will make the NCAAT all 4/5 years that she's at Iowa, doubtful she makes it to the Elite 8 never mind a Final Four or a title game. :)
I agree.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Does anyone here think UConn will go another four years without winning at least one NC? If so, stand and be counted. :eek: Homerism aside, I think this team with the addition of next year's recruits can win a minimum of 2 NC's. ;) All of the other top seven programs (that have a real/legitimate chance of winning a NC) in the country are bringing in top 30 ranked players. The gap between UConn and everyone else has closed significantly as evidenced by last year's play.

I was very interested in the outcome of last year's tournament. :confused: South Carolina, Oregon, Baylor, UConn Louisville, Maryland and Stanford all had their eyes on the prize. This year's tournament should be even more exciting. At least we know that there will be one.......................so says NCAA tournament officials. I don't believe (at this time) there will be a clear cut favorite going in.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom