February - Other Big East Games | Page 14 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup. That is not something that can be ignored. I hate to say it but I hope UConn beats PC handily at Gampel because in a close game I trust PC and Cooley more in that situation
Uconn needs to pull away from teams, we know what happens when they don't.

caw

Reaction Score
bro the game went to double OT and they had the last shot to win twice

and the refs should have called fouls probably on both last shots by Creighton to end regulation and to end OT.

Tell me of the top four teams in the BE how many have won on the road against each other? Throw in UConn and you have exactly one road win by X.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
and the refs should have called fouls probably on both last shots by Creighton to end regulation and to end OT.

Tell me of the top four teams in the BE how many have won on the road against each other? Throw in UConn and you have exactly one road win by X.
Pfft keep hanging your hat there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What you just watched gentlemen is a team that doesn’t rattle providence never led by more than 4 until 2 minutes left in 2nd OT, and that’s not unusual for them it’s de rigueur
And people on here still complain that they are overrated and get all the calls. Delusional. They are a better basketball team than us.

Reaction Score
Croswell gets away with absolute murder all game. The refs with Cooley and PC are the exact opposite of DH and UConn. And he still whines.

Reaction Score
And people on here still complain that they are overrated and get all the calls. Delusional. They are a better basketball team than us.

They are better than us but they do get calls no doubt. But they’re coached better as well.

caw

Reaction Score
We crumble in crunch time like a cookie.

IMO there was only maybe one crunch time game UConn should have won. SHU. Perhaps X at home but UConn shot itself in the foot the first half of that game, that was less a failure at the end of game and more so at the beginning. The rest, not so much.

August_West

Reaction Score
Tough team with a really good coach, I'm not nearly as confident about next Wednesday as most of the board seems to be.
Oh we will mash everybody.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
IMO there was only maybe one crunch time game UConn should have won. SHU. Perhaps X at home but UConn shot itself in the foot the first half of that game, that was less a failure at the end of game and more so at the beginning. The rest, not so much.
Our late game decision making skills are as good as a 4 year old’s in pickup.

Reaction Score
What you just watched gentlemen is a team that doesn’t rattle providence never led by more than 4 until 2 minutes left in 2nd OT, and that’s not unusual for them it’s de rigueur
Horrible win for Cooley and PC.

Creighton spit the bit in 2OT, PC ends up winning by more than 5pts. Prime opportunity for Cooley to pad his “close game” record wasted.

In the meantime, another bad road loss for McDermott against a “good” BE team. Just can’t win away games. Wonder if his seat is getting hotter back in corn country?

Reaction Score

Creighton spit the bit in 2OT, PC ends up winning by more than 5pts. Prime opportunity for Cooley to pad his “close game” record wasted.

In the meantime, another bad road loss for McDermott against a “good” BE team. Just can’t win away games. Wonder if his seat is getting hotter back in corn country?
Flailing.

August_West

Reaction Score

Whelp, I don’t think a coach is on hot seat with a top 3 BigEast seed. And he played without his best player for about 6 weeks.

caw

Reaction Score
Pfft keep hanging your hat there.

You do realize PC just lost at SJU? Road game losses are a thing in the BE, but sure hang your hat on umm.

Our late game decision making skills are as good as a 4 year old’s in pickup.

Sure, don't disagree but then again UConn only played one close game at home, where I maintain UConn lost in the first half. You want to argue not finishing a 17 point comeback was poor decision making. Your opinion, but not one I agree with.

UConn loses a close one at home where end of game was the reason UConn lost and I'll be the first one to blame Hurley.

Reaction Score
Whelp, I don’t think a coach is on hot seat with a top 3 BigEast seed. And he played without his best player for about 6 weeks.
Joking Just Kidding GIF

Reaction Score
You do realize PC just lost at SJU? Road game losses are a thing in the BE, but sure hang your hat on umm.

Sure, don't disagree but then again UConn only played one close game at home, where I maintain UConn lost in the first half. You want to argue not finishing a 17 point comeback was poor decision making. Your opinion, but not one I agree with.

UConn loses a close one at home where end of game was the reason UConn lost and I'll be the first one to blame Hurley.
Providence is competing for back to back regular season titles, UConn is competing for 5th place.

August_West

Reaction Score

Sure, don't disagree but then again UConn only played one close game at home, where I maintain UConn lost in the first half. You want to argue not finishing a 17 point comeback was poor decision making. Your call.
We lost to SJU at home. Actually we got bitchslapped by them at home. Do you watch games? You want to penalize providence for losing a road game against a team that punk’d us at home?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

1. @ Xavier was close late until we collapsed.
  2. v. Xavier was not close, then we made it close, and we shot ourselves in the foot.
  3. @ Marquette was close, then we had Andre Jackson take a 3 with 50 seconds left. Karaban kept us in late.
  4. @ Seton Hall was a coaching and player IQ malpractice.
  5. @ Creighton we shot ourselves in the foot, no one was able to take over and create.
  6. @ PC we cut it to 5 w/ less than 5 to go and we again had Andre jack 3’s, coupled with our guards missing FTs, and defensively getting eaten alive.

Most of these games are close, 1-3 possessions late, until we act like idiots and let the other team blow the game open. It’s our reality at this point - we don’t have a floor general. It’s a trend that will continue.

caw

Reaction Score
Providence is competing for back to back regular season titles, UConn is competing for 5th place.

And? PC has been better than UConn in BE play. I don't see how that has to do with road games and how Creighton losing @PC wasn't surprising.

If it is about end of game decisions by UConn. Different argument, though related. UConn has lost 5 games on the road and two at home. The SHU game was the only one UConn should have won, theoretically as it is nearly impossible to win on the road against X, Creighton, PC and Marquette. It's not worth it or reasonable to complain about losing those four games. Of the two at home one was not end of game decisions as it wasn't close and one was lost in the first half. My point is there are things to complain about with UConn, but this is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom