OT: - Fatts Russell in the transfer portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Fatts Russell in the transfer portal

Reaction Score
Lol ok sure, let's get pedantic - a few people, in some posts, said he's not a good defender. Clearly don't agree with them, as I stated in my post.

I think this supports both sides. Cole did a great job of running him off the three point line, and he's an amazing defender on the perimeter. Seems like Zegs adjusted a bit and went inside more. Again, Cole is a good defender, but to call him great or think we'll be ok pairing him with another undersized guard is a stretch.

That's not being pedantic. It's accurately relaying what was said. This is a dumb debate. Cole's on-ball defense is pretty far down the list of most pressing issues heading into next season.

Reaction Score
I haven't twisted anything, these are your posts I responded to...
So how am I exposing myself? Seems fairly accurate to me. I watched that Creighton game as I know you did. Do you really feel Cole played well defensively? Again, how many points did Zegs score in the paint, beating Cole off the dribble?

Reaction Score
So how am I exposing myself? Seems fairly accurate to me. I watched that Creighton game as I know you did. Do you really feel Cole played well defensively? Again, how many points did Zegs score in the paint, beating Cole off the dribble?

You cannot defend everything with a player as good as Zegs. We were highly effective taking away his 3 point shot and passing. That was the game plan. Cole did exactly what he was asked.

Reaction Score
That's not being pedantic. It's accurately relaying what was said. This is a dumb debate. Cole's on-ball defense is pretty far down the list of most pressing issues heading into next season.
Fair, we’ve got bigger issues next year. Have a good night

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You cannot defend everything with a player as good as Zegs. We were highly effective taking away his 3 point shot and passing. That was the game plan. Cole did exactly what he was asked.

True.

But there’s no question our guards were totally bullied in that semi final game. They just walked them down right to the rim multiple times

Reaction Score
Easy pass. Would blow up what’s being built. Constructing a college program is different than throwing money at stars in the NBA. Not a good fit.

Reaction Score
The last time Fatts was healthy he averaged close to 20ppg and had pretty good shooting percentages, including from 3. He also created havoc on D. While I’d like a great shooter, it is unlikely we get a better player than Fatts via transfer. When healthy, he’s a good scorer, a solid shooter and a very pesky defender. He can also get to the rim at will. If Fatts is accepting of his role, healthy and willing, he’s an incredible get.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Fatts comes, it likely impacts Gaffney’s playing time more than Sool.
The sample size is large enough now on Gaffney. He’s smart and explosive at times but slows the pace to a crawl, is streaky and inefficient overall, lacks the ability to get separation, more of a straight line athlete. He’s not a player who should be getting significant minutes for a title contender at this time.

Reaction Score
Do we still want another high volume low efficiency 6-footer after tonight?

Reaction Score
Do we still want another high volume low efficiency 6-footer after tonight?

I think he would end up being the starting PG making Cole the backup. Would that be so bad for the team? Fats is a better play-maker, coming off tonight I would think that would be appealing for the fan base.

Reaction Score
Honestly surprised his list is as good as it is. Guy shot about 34% from the field, 25% from three last season in a mid-major conference and its not like he makes up for the poor shooting by being a playmaker with only 4.5 assists p/g. Horrendous numbers. The complete opposite of the type of player we need right now.

Reaction Score
he’s going to regret it. You can’t win games with either slow or timid point guards. He is a jet, we need a jet. Boatright lite as a junior, injured as a senior.
Agreed. I don’t like this pass.

Reaction Score
Honestly surprised his list is as good as it is. Guy shot about 34% from the field, 25% from three last season in a mid-major conference and its not like he makes up for the poor shooting by being a playmaker with only 4.5 assists p/g. Horrendous numbers. The complete opposite of the type of player we need right now.
He’s a stud. This boards idea that he isn’t good is absolutely ludicrous. He was injured last season

Reaction Score
he’s going to regret it. You can’t win games with either slow or timid point guards. He is a jet, we need a jet. Boatright lite as a junior, injured as a senior.
I don't get it but I'll reserve judgment until I see who he fills these scholarships with and it certainly can't be some end of the bench B. Adams types.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom