Facts... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't the rumblings from behind the scenes been such that our current situation is in large part because Ollie took your advice too seriously?
funny. that's the second time I've heard that today

Reaction Score
Things KO has shown he can do:
- Develop other people's recruits and motivate them to play hard
- Win postseason games, including championships

Things KO hasn't shown he can do:
- Bring in the right players (including both talent- and attitude-wise)
- Develop his own recruits
- Consistently perform in the regular season
- Significantly improve a team over the course of a season
- Manage the perception of the program and counter negative recruiting
- Effectively lead/manage his staff

That championship was incredible and he deserves all the credit for it, but there are a lot of aspects of running a program that he's failing miserably at, adverse circumstances or not.
"Significantly improve a team over the course of a season"

I believe Ollie has shown the ability to do that, look at the late season runs the team has gone on.

The rest I agree, feel a lot of these expectations are the same when Jim Calhoun was here, I don't think that's even close to reality for multiple reason which I am not going to get into now.

If you don't want Ollie that's fine
so you'd like to keep living in the past. got it.
lol, I wish that was me...

Sounds like you are!!

Jim Calhoun and the Big East are gone!!

Uconn being a top 10 or 5 program are gone for those exact reasons!!

Uconn is not Kentucky, UCLA, or Kansas in programs no matter who the coach is they are a top program.

Uconn was a nobody before Calhoun, what did you expect for the program to stay at the top when Calhoun left?

Oh yea, add on Uconn going to a no name conference & probation & postseason ineligibility.

To me, when you look at all that & add everything up I believe Ollie has done a pretty good job.

Let's go Huskies!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Another fact--we clearly have authoritarian pro-Ollie mods. Deleting and locking anti Ollie threads. Stay woke people.
No, the facts are that the Sid Wilson thread got locked, and your promised "Fire Ollie" thread got deleted.

Your assertion "we clearly have authoritarian pro-Ollie mods" is an opinion. Some agree and some don't. It's not a fact.

I'm only sorry that the GIF posted by @Matrim55 was lost with the deleted thread. Can we get it back?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Significantly improve a team over the course of a season"

I believe Ollie has shown the ability to do that, look at the late season runs the team has gone on.

The rest I agree, feel a lot of these expectations are the same when Jim Calhoun was here, I don't think that's even close to reality for multiple reason which I am not going to get into now.

If you don't want Ollie that's fine

lol, I wish that was me...

Sounds like you are!!

Jim Calhoun and the Big East are gone!!

UConn being a top 10 or 5 program are gone for those exact reasons!!

UConn is not Kentucky, UCLA, or Kansas in programs no matter who the coach is they are a top program.

UConn was a nobody before Calhoun, what did you expect for the program to stay at the top when Calhoun left?

Oh yea, add on UConn going to a no name conference & probation & postseason ineligibility.

To me, when you look at all that & add everything up I believe Ollie has done a pretty good job.

Let's go Huskies!!

it seems you care more about Ollie than you do about UConn. which is really strange. you're a lousy fan

Reaction Score
According to whom, and what authority do they hold?
According to a state that's spent millions of dollars to push state U into a top public university by supporting the momentum of athletic success. According to the fans who spend money, time, and an emotional budget on this program.
And likely most importantly, according to the alumni who bled to make sure this program is on top. UConn owes it to Ray Allen, and Rip, and Donyell not to fall into oblivion.

But all good. If you're happy with the current state of things at Mediocre U, we'll never be on the same page.

Reaction Score
it seems you care more about Ollie than you do about UConn. which is really strange. you're a lousy fan
Thanks for the name calling, real classy.

I thought I join the Boneyarders to be part of something special, Husky nation, maybe I was wrong?

Let's go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I give it one full calendar year before major changes are made. There's really no conceivable way to correct or alleviate the damage from this offseason, and we are heading into another 20-21 win bubble season with a very hot seat.
If they don't make the Dance, Ollie is gone IMO. They'll think it is more costly to keep him. I think Ollie turns it around this year, though.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the name calling, real classy.

I thought I join the Boneyarders to be part of something special, Husky nation, maybe I was wrong?

Let's go Huskies!!
Lol really? To me it seems like you joined to comment by putting words in people's mouths and creating false equivalences. You know why it's impossible to refute your posts down to a t? It's because they don't follow any sort of logic or are completely made up talking points

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I googled this and am now firmly down the rabbit hole. will be a nice distraction from todays events.
Is this a real thing? I know what I'll be looking into tonight. Lol.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
According to the fans who spend money, time, and an emotional budget on this program.

And you think I'm not one? That's weird.

And likely most importantly, according to the alumni who bled to make sure this program is on top. UConn owes it to Ray Allen, and Rip, and Donyell not to fall into oblivion.

But all good. If you're happy with the current state of things at Mediocre U, we'll never be on the same page.

Dude, you just posted in this thread that your baseline expectation is for UConn to be the best team in the country. Based on that, I don't think you know how to accurately define "oblivion." Also, did you ever think about -- wait for it -- how freakin' hard it was for the team to meet that expectation of yours even when they had the best basketball coach of all time on the bench? And maybe it's a little harder to "have the best program in the country" year in and year out when you have to downgrade from him?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Everyone thought the sky was falling in 2010-2011 coming off a poor year and then again in 2013-2o14 coming off APR penalties and realignment.

We won championships the following years.

I'm not saying we're winning one next year. But we'll be fine. 1 recruit was never going to change that.

Reaction Score
Facts are KO needs to produce this year. Another bad year like last and he is gone. No matter if we have injuries are not. This is his team and coaches and he needs to own up to it. Benedict isn't fooling around as shown by BD firing and good hires on football side. UCONN is still a place that head coaches would want to go but if we fall into mediocrity then it won't be. It is put up and shut up time for KO!

Reaction Score
I think what's clear is Kevin Ollie absolutely can coach, but running a program may not be his thing. NBA may be a better route for him. Also, UConn can't fire him, would put the final nail in the coffin for the program. Hopefully LeBron decides to fire his coach again soon.

Reaction Score
Is it time to fire ollie? No but i dont believe anyones saying that.
Whats undebatable is he is on the hot seat as he should be

Reaction Score
I think what's clear is Kevin Ollie absolutely can coach, but running a program may not be his thing. NBA may be a better route for him. Also, UConn can't fire him, would put the final nail in the coffin for the program. Hopefully LeBron decides to fire his coach again soon.
Not true. UCONN can still be a destination and they have the support of the administration as shown by the football side to make tough decisions. KO isn't the gospel and UCONN basketball will still be here after he leaves. Good guy but like others said running a program might not match his skillset. JC was a very special coach and will be missed for sure. He was a program builder.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everyone thought the sky was falling in 2010-2011 coming off a poor year and then again in 2013-2o14 coming off APR penalties and realignment.

We won championships the following years.

I'm not saying we're winning one next year. But we'll be fine. 1 recruit was never going to change that.

That's be about the three-thousandth time the 2014 championship has been dragged from its grave for recruiting show and tell. But we've missed all the recruits, so perhaps we do have a problem here.

We lost four players from an already bad team and we've failed to replace any of them.

We have a recruiting class that looks like we're hoping to win the A10 in a few years.

Reaction Score
Not true. UConn can still be a destination and they have the support of the administration as shown by the football side to make tough decisions. KO isn't the gospel and UConn basketball will still be here after he leaves. Good guy but like others said running a program might not match his skillset. JC was a very special coach and will be missed for sure. He was a program builder.
You can't fire a NCAA-winning alum who was chosen to take over the program by a top 5 coach all-time. That's an insanely high mark for a sputtering program in a mid-major conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom