Facts... | The Boneyard

Facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
- Ollie landing 1 3-star recruit this offseason with that much playing time available is an embarrassment

- UConn losing 3 transfers is not a sign of positivity. He is losing the team, fans, and program

- All the best to Sid. St Johns might make one tourney in 4 years... (they've played in 2 in the last decade) and they play in front of 3k apathetic fans at MSG. Absolutely no one cares about St Johns, no one

- UConn nation should rally around the guys still on the squad... now more than ever. If we support the team the same way we supported '14 after the departures, the program will be fine

- wake up Susan herbst. You created this mess with your approach that conference realignmen will come to us

- conference sucks, arena sucks, and outlook sucks. The state of CT took it for granted while they benefitted from admissions standards and interest in the program. The opposite effect is well underway

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
- Ollie landing 1 3-star recruit this offseason with that much playing time available is an embarrassment

- UConn losing 3 transfers is not a sign of positivity. He is losing the team, fans, and program

- All the best to Sid. St Johns might make one tourney in 4 years... (they've played in 2 in the last decade) and they play in front of 3k apathetic fans at MSG. Absolutely no one cares about St Johns, no one

- UConn nation should rally around the guys still on the squad... now more than ever. If we support the team the same way we supported '14 after the departures, the program will be fine

- wake up Susan herbst. You created this mess with your approach that conference realignmen will come to us

- conference sucks, arena sucks, and outlook sucks. The state of CT took it for granted while they benefitted from admissions standards and interest in the program. The opposite effect is well underway
Usually these threads are too reactionary and full of bad takes, but I don't see much there to disagree with.

Reaction Score

The common thread is that nobody -- either young players already on the team or high-level recruits -- thinks that KO can improve their NBA prospects through development or exposure.

Reaction Score
The good news is Benedict has no allegiance to Ollie. We can't suffer another bad year at this point.

I think Benedict's personal evaluation of all aspects of the program this spring was a shot across the bow for KO. It's clear to everyone that if the direction of the program isn't substantially changed a year from now, either on the court or on the recruiting trail, major changes will be coming.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I give it one full calendar year before major changes are made. There's really no conceivable way to correct or alleviate the damage from this offseason, and we are heading into another 20-21 win bubble season with a very hot seat.

Reaction Score
Clearly a bad stench coming out of Stoors. Between the defections of four 4/5 star talent, and the continual misses on the recruiting trail, it becomes harder to justify any of these on an individual basis. Something stinks. Can't believe we can't catch a single break toward some positive momentum.

Reaction Score
I give it one full calendar year before major changes are made. There's really no conceivable way to correct or alleviate the damage from this offseason, and we are heading into another 20-21 win bubble season with a very hot seat.

Gotta give the staff a chance to surprise on the court next year or to reel in a monster 2018 class.

More of the same, though, and we should be cleaning house.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The pollyannas might want to sit this one out. There are some real concerns around this program, and sniping every overreaction is a petty look at this point.

I can imagine how frustrated you would be if I complained about the deletion of a thread I started whose content was "I love Ollie, ten toes in, peace and love, Hungry Huskies will themselves to championships no matter what!"

Reaction Score
Can we wipe the slate clean on the so-called "insiders" on this board and really state the truth... there are no insiders! Way too many getting street cred here and loving it! Guess what, no one is! Bunch of phonies!

Reaction Score
Enough of the trolls after Ollie, this thread should be deleted too.

Let Ollie go, watch what he does, guy is a solid coach, won a national title with not an overtalented team, not one of those players are even in the league, maybe Napier, but does he even play?

Reaction Score
Enough of the trolls after Ollie, this thread should be deleted too.

Let Ollie go, watch what he does, guy is a solid coach, won a national title with not an overtalented team, not one of those players are even in the league, maybe Napier, but does he even play?

what is your hard on for Ollie all about?

Reaction Score
Can we wipe the slate clean on the so-called "insiders" on this board and really state the truth... there are no insiders! Way too many getting street cred here and loving it! Guess what, no one is! Bunch of phonies!

Yesterday on this board, it went from it looks really promising for UConn to maybe not so promising for UConn in 24 minutes. 24 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom