Facts... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we wipe the slate clean on the so-called "insiders" on this board and really state the truth... there are no insiders! Way too many getting street cred here and loving it! Guess what, no one is! Bunch of phonies!
it appears that not even the staff has an idea of who wants to be here and who doesn't. it's pathetic.

Reaction Score
what is your hard on for Ollie all about?
Think it's much harder to replace a once in a lifetime hall of fame coach like JC than people are making it out to be.

Add on, he left the program in probation, transfers, & no postseason, oh wait, also add on going to the American conference.

With all that said, Ollie wins 20 games his first year, a national title his second year, and has always shown great pride and professionalism while being the coach of Uconn.

It's hard for me to believe another coach to be put in the position Ollie was put in and still be able to succeed as much as Ollie has.

Ollie has had one poor season and it's mostly due to his best players getting hurt for the season and multiple games, don't think you realize what we would be giving up if we let Ollie go.

Reaction Score
Enough of the trolls after Ollie, this thread should be deleted too.

Let Ollie go, watch what he does, guy is a solid coach, won a national title with not an overtalented team, not one of those players are even in the league, maybe Napier, but does he even play?
There are problems. We used to be elite. But three seasons of past and we've only made the tournament in one of them as a bubble team. We have consistently placed in the middle of the AAC for 3+ seasons and now we barely have enough players to have practice scrimmages. You don't lose four players unless something serious is wrong. They know about the same national championship 4 years ago. I'm the biggest optimist but this last season was sort of the final straw for me, but obviously this next season is going to be a make or break whether we argue about it or not.

Reaction Score
We are going to be so mediocre it hurts. But Jalen will put up All American numbers so that'll be cool. That's about it.

Reaction Score
Think it's much harder to replace a once in a lifetime hall of fame coach like JC than people are making it out to be.

Add on, he left the program in probation, transfers, & no postseason, oh wait, also add on going to the American conference.

With all that said, Ollie wins 20 games his first year, a national title his second year, and has always shown great pride and professionalism while being the coach of UConn.

It's hard for me to believe another coach to be put in the position Ollie was put in and still be able to succeed as much as Ollie has.

Ollie has had one poor season and it's mostly due to his best players getting hurt for the season and multiple games, don't think you realize what we would be giving up if we let Ollie go.
delusional

Reaction Score
This makes the Chillious and DK twitter proverbs and nonsense about #rare and grinding more difficult to stomach. Those guys don't even have UConn backgrounds for their profiles... just plain blue.

Reaction Score
There are problems. We used to be elite. But three seasons of past and we've only made the tournament in one of them as a bubble team. We have consistently placed in the middle of the AAC for 3+ seasons and now we barely have enough players to have practice scrimmages. You don't lose four players unless something serious is wrong. They know about the same national championship 4 years ago. I'm the biggest optimist but this last season was sort of the final straw for me, but obviously this next season is going to be a make or break whether we argue about it or not.
I understand, maybe the transfers and decommitments were in Ollie's hand, but the record I can't kill Ollie for, after the injuries the talent on the floor just wasn't there.

As far as what is going on behind the scenes I have no idea, I live in NY & have no ties to the program besides being a fan since a child.

I do believe the expectations of the program are way out of whack. I never see no matter who the coach is for the program to be where Jim Calhoun brought it at one point, for multiple reasons which I am not going to get into to right now.

Either way, I believe Ollie will succeed professionally no matter here or somewhere else and it will be a dark day when he is no longer the coach of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I understand, maybe the transfers and decommitments were in Ollie's hand, but the record I can't kill Ollie for, after the injuries the talent on the floor just wasn't there.

As far as what is going on behind the scenes I have no idea, I live in NY & have no ties to the program besides being a fan since a child.

I do believe the expectations of the program are way out of whack. I never see no matter who the coach is for the program to be where Jim Calhoun brought it at one point, for multiple reasons which I am not going to get into to right now.

Either way, I believe Ollie will succeed professionally no matter here or somewhere else and it will be a dark day when he is no longer the coach of the Huskies.
you're chock full of false equivalences. no one expects Ollie to be Jim Calhoun. We just don't want to suck, and we have.

Reaction Score
I'm fully prepared to watch this board go up in flames tonight. It's warranted. Get your popcorn.
Simpsons-Movie-pitchforks-and-torches.jpg

Reaction Score
Man, the Boneyard has changed. Where did the usual suspects go?

Calmer heads prevail. I don't think I ever remember this much negativity on this board.

The mojo has left, maybe haiku will bring it back. Gonna be a long offseason

Reaction Score
you're chock full of false equivalences. no one expects Ollie to be Jim Calhoun. We just don't want to suck, and we have.
But we won a national championship in Ollie's second year!!! We can't possibly be fading into mediocrity. No one, and I mean NO ONE out there could do better at this job than Ollie, come on!

Reaction Score
Yes, National Title, go name another coach who won the national title in his second year.

Either way, like I said, agree to disagree.

Let's go Huskies!!

Reaction Score

With all that said, Ollie wins 20 games his first year, a national title his second year, and has always shown great pride and professionalism while being the coach of UConn.

Things KO has shown he can do:
- Develop other people's recruits and motivate them to play hard
- Win postseason games, including championships

Things KO hasn't shown he can do:
- Bring in the right players (including both talent- and attitude-wise)
- Develop his own recruits
- Consistently perform in the regular season
- Significantly improve a team over the course of a season
- Manage the perception of the program and counter negative recruiting
- Effectively lead/manage his staff

That championship was incredible and he deserves all the credit for it, but there are a lot of aspects of running a program that he's failing miserably at, adverse circumstances or not.

Reaction Score
Enough of the trolls after Ollie, this thread should be deleted too.

Let Ollie go, watch what he does, guy is a solid coach, won a national title with not an overtalented team, not one of those players are even in the league, maybe Napier, but does he even play?
Enough of people like you trolling fans of the program.

Dude, you can support Ollie, AND still critique him... the two are not mutually exclusive.

He has lost the support and belief of players who couldn't say better things about him just 10 months ago when they committed to play for UConn. Forget the recruits, they were never here. Transfers actually experienced life as a husky and decided to leave after pledging dedication to Ollie

You should acknowledge his faults and shortcomings recently. Nothing would make Ollie critiques happier than him proving everyone wrong. We still bleed blue, we still want this program to be best in the country. That's where the passion and critique comes from. And if you think people are just trolling, you're not demanding enough

Reaction Score
Yes, National Title, go name another coach who won the national title in his second year.

Either way, like I said, agree to disagree.

Let's go Huskies!!

so you'd like to keep living in the past. got it.

Reaction Score
2017-18 UConn Huskies-
  • No shooters on this team
  • No proven low post scorers.
  • Only one legit wing coming off a knee injury.
  • No depth/ room for injuries.
Need Adams to really carry this team and play like an all American.

Reaction Score
I predict were going to see Ollie laying into his players far more during the regular season. Enough of this buddy buddy mentality with his players, he knows his job is slowly becoming jeopardized and has to resort to a fight or flight mentality on the sidelines.

If there's 1 thing he should have learned, and needs to take away from Calhoun and start implementing this season it's lighting a fire underneath the players a***s who aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing, and not shy away from calling them out with some intensity, no matter who it's in front of or what network is broadcasting the game.

I want some old-school Calhoun tough love out of him this upcoming season....he can't afford this "players coach" soft mentality anymore with his puppy dog sad face sitting on the bench when things are going south during games.

He can't afford this for next season...I for one will be paying a lot of attention to his body language on the sidelines.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I predict were going to see Ollie laying into his players far more during the regular season. Enough of this buddy buddy mentality with his players, he knows his job is slowly becoming jeopardized and has to resort to a fight or flight mentality on the sidelines.

If there's 1 thing he should have learned, and needs to take away from Calhoun and start implementing this season it's lighting a fire underneath the players a***s who aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing, and not shy away from calling them out with some intensity, no matter who it's in front of or what network is broadcasting the game.

I want some old-school Calhoun tough love out of him this upcoming season....he can't afford this "players coach" soft mentality anymore with his puppy dog sad face sitting on the bench when things are going south during games.

He can't afford this for next season...I for one will be paying a lot of attention to his body language on the sidelines.

Haven't the rumblings from behind the scenes been such that our current situation is in large part because Ollie took your advice too seriously?

Reaction Score

how do you know any of this? are you in the locker room or at practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom