Facts... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you said he shouldn't be fired because no other coach will win a national championship in his second year. that's your statement. I didn't say that. You did.

If that is your argument, then he could coach here, poorly, for 10 years and not get fired, because that is your criteria for keeping him around.

Your brain is functioning at 10% the rate of a normal adult. Show me where I said that.

Or let me do it for you.

You sarcastically said this:
"No one can do better than missing the tournament 2 of the last 3 years."

I wrote this:
If Ollie is fired after this year, it would be astonishing if the next coach managed to go to the NCAAs twice and win win a national championship in his first 5 years. It would probably be a guy like Steve Pikiell anyway.

Reaction Score
lol. you're doing it again.

it's your logic. your logic states that because someone can't come in and recreate ollie's first three years, then he shouldn't be fired. that's your argument. not mine.
Why are we even discussing the first couple seasons? The last 3 have been bad, mediocre and bad. I find it hard to believe there aren't any coaches out there who can't do better than two missed tourny's and what is basically 2 lost recruiting classes in the last 2 seasons after all the defections.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yeah because your words on a message board are going to make us a top 5 perennial program. Thanks for the good fight. I'm sure the UConn administration and staff appreciates you not letting us fall into oblivion.
This post is just so ironic and a real head scratcher on so many levels.

Reaction Score
I predict were going to see Ollie laying into his players far more during the regular season. Enough of this buddy buddy mentality with his players, he knows his job is slowly becoming jeopardized and has to resort to a fight or flight mentality on the sidelines.

If there's 1 thing he should have learned, and needs to take away from Calhoun and start implementing this season it's lighting a fire underneath the players a***s who aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing, and not shy away from calling them out with some intensity, no matter who it's in front of or what network is broadcasting the game.

I want some old-school Calhoun tough love out of him this upcoming season....he can't afford this "players coach" soft mentality anymore with his puppy dog sad face sitting on the bench when things are going south during games.

He can't afford this for next season...I for one will be paying a lot of attention to his body language on the sidelines.
He also needs to lay into the Refs a lot more too.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Who the hell are you to deem someone a "supposed" fan? I don't give a crap if you question anyone as a positive or negative poster but don't question someone's level of fandom - you aren't qualified or deserved to do so
Don't you go around calling 5-10 people "fake fans", "trolls" and your trademark phrase "KO bashers"?

Now that the optimists are starting to look dumb months after the initial fallout, they have resorted to playing the victim.

Reaction Score
Your brain is functioning at 10% the rate of a normal adult. Show me where I said that.

Or let me do it for you.

You sarcastically said this:
"No one can do better than missing the tournament 2 of the last 3 years."

I wrote this:
If Ollie is fired after this year, it would be astonishing if the next coach managed to go to the NCAAs twice and win win a national championship in his first 5 years. It would probably be a guy like Steve Pikiell anyway.
so where are you confused? you're positioning Ollie's accolades as a means to defend him as the coach. because he was able to go to the NCAA tournament twice, and win a national championship. That is your argument. You literally just quoted it.

Reaction Score
Once the program is perceived in a negative way as a place recruits don't want to come to KO will be gone. A whiff of that is hanging over us now and KO has to drive that away by coaching the team up year and over performing. And players need to be heard saying how much they like it here. He gets a pass because of the injuries and the money owed him, but what's worrisome is that these players did not bolt over playing time which is the usual reason.

Reaction Score
Nope, never said that.

But, if you're not going to read the posts, then why even bother responding? Makes no sense.
This is so over the top stupid.
It's impossible to have a substantive conversation with you because you lie. It's happened several times now where we are discussing things and I bring up things you've said and you just lie about never saying it.

Reaction Score
It's impossible to have a substantive conversation with you because you lie. It's happened several times now where we are discussing things and I bring up things you've said and you just lie about never saying it.
he's deranged. he literally quoted it himself and then denied it.

Reaction Score
so where are you confused? you're positioning Ollie's accolades as a means to defend him as the coach. because he was able to go to the NCAA tournament twice, and win a national championship. That is your argument. You literally just quoted it.

I said it would be astonishing if the next guy could accomplish what he has so far. That is very different than saying either the next coach would be the end of UConn basketball (if Ollie was fired) or that Ollie could go 10 seasons of losing and he still shouldn't be fired.

The two statements are so so so far off from each other that I wonder if English is even your language.

Reaction Score

And anyone reading this thread can see that both you and JMick have severe problems reading. In your case, you always have. And if you think I'm the only one who has ever pointed this out, you know it, I know it, that's wrong. A lot of people have pointed this out to you.

Both you and JMick take things that people write, then you exaggerate them 1000%, and you end up in Timbuktu claiming people are saying something they didn't say. It is your MO. You do it again and again and again.

Reaction Score

Link it. Because you and I know that was about firing Ollie now.

Superjohn, you have been on Ollie's case since the very beginning. There are dozens of threads on this website from the 2014 season in which you were all over Ollie and his horrible coaching. Relentless. And then he won the national championship which made you look totally foolish.

Reaction Score
And anyone reading this thread can see that both you and JMick have severe problems reading. In your case, you always have. And if you think I'm the only one who has ever pointed this out, you know it, I know it, that's wrong. A lot of people have pointed this out to you.

Both you and JMick take things that people write, then you exaggerate them 1000%, and you end up in Timbuktu claiming people are saying something they didn't say. It is your MO. You do it again and again and again.
You're a liar. It's sick how often you lie and somehow try to squirm out of it by insulting the people who call you out on your lies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I said it would be astonishing if the next guy could accomplish what he has so far. That is very different than saying either the next coach would be the end of UConn basketball (if Ollie was fired) or that Ollie could go 10 seasons of losing and he still shouldn't be fired.

The two statements are so so so far off from each other that I wonder if English is even your language.
Hey, I don't know if you went to college or not, or if you went to UConn. But they have a class there, it's philosophy 1102. Real beginner stuff. it's about reasoning and logic. It would help you immensely.

Your argument, once again, is that Ollie should not be fired. Why? Because no one else can come in and achieve what he did the first three years. Because of what he did those first three years, he should not be fired. That's what you said. Are you with me?

Based on your criteria, and your argument, Ollie is immune to being fired. Webster's dictionary defines "immune" as: free, exempt. So Ollie cannot be fired... based on his first three years, and the fact that no one else can do that. So your argument states that Ollie can never be fired because of his past accomplishments. That is what you are saying.

It is not my fault you don't even understand your own argument.

Reaction Score
Link it. Because you and I know that was about firing Ollie now.

Superjohn, you have been on Ollie's case since the very beginning. There are dozens of threads on this website from the 2014 season in which you were all over Ollie and his horrible coaching. Relentless. And then he won the national championship which made you look totally foolish.
I did link it but you're maniacal so you'll continue to deny. Your whole performance in that thread is a bash session on UConn and how the only way there is a UConn basketball is with Ollie.

Reaction Score
Wow, there is something wrong with you.

Link it. Or are you not showing what the quote was in response to? It was about firing Ollie after this coming year.

If UConn actually fires Ollie, NO ONE of any skill level will come to Storrs. And it will BURY the program.

The program will be over.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Ollie not being fired for 10 straight losing seasons. Holy cow.

Reaction Score
I did link it but you're maniacal so you'll continue to deny. Your whole performance in that thread is a bash session on UConn and how the only way there is a UConn basketball is with Ollie.

Here we go again. A quote is not a link. Do you know the English language?

Reaction Score
Link it. Or are you not showing what the quote was in response to? It was about firing Ollie after this coming year.

If UConn actually fires Ollie, NO ONE of any skill level will come to Storrs. And it will BURY the program.

The program will be over.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Ollie not being fired for 10 straight losing seasons. Holy cow.
you are not a bright bulb. you are the broken bulb hidden in the back of the four pack that you need to return to home depot

Reaction Score
Hey, I don't know if you went to college or not, or if you went to UConn. But they have a class there, it's philosophy 1102. Real beginner stuff. it's about reasoning and logic. It would help you immensely.

Your argument, once again, is that Ollie should not be fired. Why? Because no one else can come in and achieve what he did the first three years. Because of what he did those first three years, he should not be fired. That's what you said. Are you with me?

Based on your criteria, and your argument, Ollie is immune to being fired. Webster's dictionary defines "immune" as: free, exempt. So Ollie cannot be fired... based on his first three years, and the fact that no one else can do that. So your argument states that Ollie can never be fired because of his past accomplishments. That is what you are saying.

It is not my fault you don't even understand your own argument.

Sane people understand you can't read at all. I laid it out already above. It's there for anyone to see. I wrote the next coach would be very lucky to accomplish what Ollie has. You twisted that into my saying Ollie shouldn't be fired if he has 10 straight losing seasons. It is deranged to the max.

Reaction Score

You're an entertaining guy on a forum, kind of like a 5 year old

Reaction Score
Sane people understand you can't read at all. I laid it out already above. It's there for anyone to see. I wrote the next coach would be very lucky to accomplish what Ollie has. You twisted that into my saying Ollie shouldn't be fired if he has 10 straight losing seasons. It is deranged to the max.
that's your criteria, not mine. If you don't like it, change your argument.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. A quote is not a link. Do you know the English language?
Don't know how to link the thread from my phone. The thread is titled "Not good" started by Fishy on March 5th of this year.

I posted, "If Uconn is in any way similar next year, Ollie is gone." Your response was and it was your first post in the thread, "It doesn't matter. Without Ollie UConn basketball is OVER."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom