Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I did not break his announcement news - I predicted it would happen a month or two earlier before school started.
Yeah it was in July. It all happened pretty much because Kris Dunn went back to New London. Him and Andre were best friends and were suppose to play at St Thomas Moore, but once Kris went back to NL Andre had no reason not to go to college.

I was with my coach at the time who had really loud phone conversations and he was both of their coaches. So he knew the Kris news immediately.

If Kris would’ve came to UConn we probably could’ve kept Andre a few more years.

Reaction Score
Unless Cooley has moved addresses since the 2014 fire, it seems his home in RI has been listed for sale on Zillow.

People move all the time… sure it has nothing to do with this whole moving hundreds of miles away rumor…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You can’t help but think that absolute beatdown we laid on them in Storrs helped him realize PC will never be on our level.

So consideration for a move festered and grew in the back of his mind.
This is absolutely true and I believe it led to the "spoiled and arrogant" rant.

Their fan base has tried for years to claim they are our equals (due to occasional head to head conference games) and call us arrogant and insufferable for viewing our national success as sufficient evidence that we are beyond them.

That game made it very clear that not only are we clearly better at the moment, but the gap will continue to grow. He didn't like hearing that we are again the better program and (similar to the Welch years) wants to somehow claim that their splitting games with us in seasons where we make title runs (and at times complete the run) but knows how silly it is. By our not saying "yeah, you are equal" is us being arrogant.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Someone posted on the PC board what is being described as the signed acknowledgement for selling of Cooley's house. It's dated 3/3/2023.
Link?

(because I’m too lazy to go look for it myself)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone have any thoughts on whether Hopkins goes pro?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They are really going to pay Ed Cooley $6 million. Wow.

Cooley is a solid coach but he’s hardly a 6 Million Dollar Man. But kudos to the guy his self promotion on this has been excellent. You have to wonder what Georgetown is thinking. $6 million a year is a lot to spend call not to suck” and that is what Cooley brings to the table.

4FB2EAA6-50DE-4D8A-87D7-A5CE87CE1465.png

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I can see Bryce Hopkins and Devin Carter getting some special waiver and following Ed to Georgetown.
If Murray returned I could (hate to say it) see Cooley turning him into a dog. Like a better version of Carter

Reaction Score
What the actual fook?!

Cooley is a solid coach but he’s hardly a 6 Million Dollar Man. But kudos to the guy his self promotion on this has been excellent. You have to wonder what Georgetown is thinking. $6 million a year is a lot to spend call not to suck” and that is what Cooley brings to the table.

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH
Plus what they owe Ewing

Reaction Score
What the actual fook?!

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH
A once nationally elite program that has been in the dumps for so long is desperate to get back to that level, they were ripe manipulation and Ed certainly did the manipulating-good for him and his family.

With that $6M price tag comes expectations. Ed better produce some results.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can't imagine what would happen if we did a Georgetown and ever went 6-25 followed by 7-25. Cooley has nothing but upside if he goes there, zero pressure for at least a few years.
Give him four years and then we can assess. He’ll get transfers and a full 4 years of his players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom