life
We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits

Sheryl Crow > Neil Ostrout

Reaction Score
Can't believe the Carpenter snuck this guy into town without any Yarders knowing about it .. Ninja recruiting
Not everyone :)
0C1DE644-A989-4A4B-ADD3-DA20C0584D8B.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The weather in Storrs this afternoon is seriously gorgeous, 61°, dry, light southwest winds, partly cloudy, and comfortable. Couldn't have picked a better day for a visit...
I lived in Watson Hall for a year and a half; on nice days we used to lay out on blankets and sunbathe on the berm alongside Hillside Road. It got so popular that someone made totally cheesy "Watson Beach" t-shirts (think 80s, Miami Vice style), which I still probably have somewhere. It's embarrassing to think about now; it was a tiny area that was basically a step above a drain ditch. And especially on days like today, all those pasty white bodies that hadn't seen the sun (or much exercise) for several months.

Mansfield Hollow was a much better call.

Reaction Score
Not sure, just know that’s where he’ll be. Maybe he’s in Storrs right now?
If he flew into Bradley, why wouldn't he just go to Storrs? He doesn't have to go into Hartford to get to Storrs :confused:

1649446606010.png

Unless, he want to visit the sites at Hartford or unless that is part of the itinerary set up by DH?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If he flew into Bradley, why wouldn't he just go to Storrs? He doesn't have to go into Hartford to get to Storrs :confused:

View attachment 75412
Unless, he want to visit the sites at Hartford or unless that is part of the itinerary set up by DH?
I'm guessing he's talking about dinner; maybe he knows of reservations at Capital Grille?

Reaction Score
Ya think?

In a school with a coach that preaches "culture over transfers" we are now coveting a guy ranked only 7 positions ahead on the transfer rankings (on a list of 1700) of our top 60 frosh recruit who already had a year in the "culture" .

Must get?

absolutely.

We definitely need him.
This guy has proven he can get it done at the D-I level. Diggins has not.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess Rahsool Diggins does not deserve to be ranked ahead of some of those guys, particularly Desmond Cambridge and Justice Hill.

I get your point, he's not a "must-get". But on the surface it seems Newton is a massive upgrade on Diggins, and is one of the best transfer options, and instantly makes our ceiling a lot higher? Do you not agree?

I wasnt being sarcastic. We definitely need him. Our ceiling higher? I wont go that far. We'll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Figured this deserved its own thread

Please note that 70 Yarders are liking the chances of an East Caroline PG coming to UConn.

Okay, I just watched a random video.

Off to LIKE 4xChamp's post.

Reaction Score
Newton is much better today than Gaffney and Diggins are. Much better. If what I think will happens happens no one will care about Diggins and Gaffney come the near future. Plus he’s a 2 year guy, which is the perfect bridge to Castle.
He also has similar size and somewhat similar game to Castle which is good for said bridge

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I lived in Watson Hall for a year and a half; on nice days we used to lay out on blankets and sunbathe on the berm alongside Hillside Road. It got so popular that someone made totally cheesy "Watson Beach" t-shirts (think 80s, Miami Vice style), which I still probably have somewhere. It's embarrassing to think about now; it was a tiny area that was basically a step above a drain ditch. And especially on days like today, all those pasty white bodies that hadn't seen the sun (or much exercise) for several months.

Mansfield Hollow was a much better call.
I remember those Watson beach T-shirts. Didn't have one, but I remember them. There was a hilly spot between Frats and the Jungle that also attracted those pasty white bodies. We didn't mind.

fPUUf.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog