ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ECU Transfer Tristen Newton Currently on Visit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want him to commit, but I’m curious…is he a true PG or a CG? Idc either way, just lock him up
Because he's bigger, they played another smaller guard next to him who happened to be a decent passer, too. But on tape, his vision stands out and is very noticeable. Stands out in stats, too, he had a 34% assist rate - 32.9% with Robinson-White in the game, 35.5% without. 35.5% would have been top 20 in the country.

Reaction Score
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Spent my morning putting myself on mute during meetings and watching his highlights and, yeah, this is the guy.

I can’t say enough that size at the guard spot is going to be vital for us moving forward and Newton brings that along with the ability to create/get to the line, knock down the outside shot at a decent clip, and pass off the drive. Hawk/Karaban/Akok could/should have a field day knocking down open jumpers off drives from Newton and Andre.

This would be enormous and immediately jumps us back into that top 20-25 range with at least one more addition coming. Close it, Dan

Reaction Score
I want him to commit, but I’m curious…is he a true PG or a CG? Idc either way, just lock him up
either way, seal the deal.

Always Be Closing - that's the message to Hurley and the staff when it comes to Tristen Newton. I just looked up his stats and I have seen enough. Get that man in Husky Blue, it looks better than ECU purple ;)

Reaction Score
Are we 100% sure he's on a visit? Didn't JW tweet a visit by Dylan Cardwell that never took place?
lol was just gonna say this one is actually happening.

Reaction Score
Just looking at this stats.

• Good assist numbers (5 apg) despite also scoring at a high clip (12-13 FGA/game) and used to playing a lot of minutes (35 mpg). In other words, would be comfortable as the ball-dominant guard.
  • Good size and rebounding (almost 5 rpg) for the position.
  • Elite FT shooter (88%) and takes advantage of it by getting to the line at a good clip (almost 6 FTA/game)

Dislikes:
  • Mediocre shooter (33% from 3 in 2022)
  • Turns it over more than you'd like (3.5 per game)
  • So-so defensively (104 DRTG), though to be fair, RJ Cole was similar/worse at Howard and then improved at UConn

Definitely would take him and he becomes the starting PG from Day 1, but I think adding more of a pure shooter as the other transfer guard becomes imperative.

I suspect his shooting #s would improve from deep. From what I've seen he had to take a lot of bad shots because ECU sucks.

Set shot is solid. He can improve off the dribble still for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom