2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Im tempted to feel that way. I think if we had Cam Thomas locked up already then maybe we could go that route. Because even if we strike out and miss on Cliff, we would still add Cam and Andre to a great squad and then we could add a grad transfer big to fill in time behind Carlton and Akok and Springs, and Whaley, assuming that Dylan was gone by the spring. However, since we don't have Cam I don't think we can shoot for the moon right now. Take Cardwell. Try to get Cam Thomas. And if we can't get Cam then go after a 2 big class with Cliff. If Cardwell doesn't commit though and Cam does next week on his OV. Then wait for Cliff. Especially because I think the Andre and Cam would recruit the hell out of Cliff.

This sounds like the thought process of Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
This sounds like the thought process of Kevin Ollie.

Just because you are scared like a b because of previous history with Bigs and missing the boat doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to get the best. I'm sure when we take the"first guys" and then we don't succeed, you'll be back on here complaining about not getting high quality talent. Your soft scared mentality about never going after big fish will keep you living in mediocrity.

Sure DH could coach up lower talent better than KO and if you want to put all your eggs in that basket go ahead. Not even saying that that is a bad idea. However strategy should change and vary depending on situation. Rolling the dice isn't a bad idea especially if you are talking about your 13 scholarship for already really well built team. Unless your scared.

And don't forget I said this all based on the situation of already having locked down Cam who is an unbelievable scorer. I would go for Natty title worth team, if I had him in the pocket. At that point the Reward outweighs the risk.

pj

Reaction Score
Just because you are scared like a b because of previous history with Bigs and missing the boat doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to get the best. I'm sure when we take the"first guys" and then we don't succeed, you'll be back on here complaining about not getting high quality talent. Your soft scared mentality about never going after big fish will keep you living in mediocrity.

Sure DH could coach up lower talent better than KO and if you want to put all your eggs in that basket go ahead. Not even saying that that is a bad idea. However strategy should change and vary depending on situation. Rolling the dice isn't a bad idea especially if you are talking about your 13 scholarship for already really well built team. Unless your scared.

And don't forget I said this all based on the situation of already having locked down Cam who is an unbelievable scorer. I would go for Natty title worth team, if I had him in the pocket. At that point the Reward outweighs the risk.

We've been attempting to get Cliff for quite some time, and will continue to do so, but it's clear Kentucky is at the top of his mind.

It's not just about our state of mind, about lacking courage. It's about what the players want and how good they are. Dylan Cardwell is good, he strengthens our team, and he wants to come here. There will be other Cliff Omoruyis in years to come.

I remember winning championships with Chuck Okwandu, Souleymane Wane, Tyler Olander, Amida Brimah, etc. On this one, I'm going to trust the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
We've been attempting to get Cliff for quite some time, and will continue to do so, but it's clear Kentucky is at the top of his mind.

It's not just about our state of mind, about lacking courage. It's about what the players want and how good they are. Dylan Cardwell is good, he strengthens our team, and he wants to come here. There will be other Cliff Omoruyis in years to come.

I remember winning championships with Chuck Okwandu, Souleymane Wane, Tyler Olander, Amida Brimah, etc. On this one, I'm going to trust the coaching staff.

I agree in many ways. But we also won championships and big games with the likes of Charlie, Emeka Okafor, Josh Boone, and Hilton Armstrong. So Id love to see that again with Cliff, Josh, Akok and Springs

And if we miss then we have Josh, Akok, Springs, and a Grad Transfer, which resembles Chucky wane Olander Brimah et al.

And if we miss we still in my scenario would have Cole, Bouk, Thomas, Jalen, Jackson, Polley and Syd handling the bulk of guard and SF scoring duties

Much better chance with the first line up. Thats all I'm saying. Its a calculated risk with a high reward if we had Cam.

Reaction Score
Ok fine but lets' not forget Kofi either. I am sure they've learned also from throwing all them eggs in that basket too. Caldwell is going to be a Husky by weeks end just a guess!

I agree. I think DH will close. And that's great too.

pj

Reaction Score
I agree in many ways. But we also won championships and big games with the likes of Charlie, Emeka Okafor, Josh Boone, and Hilton Armstrong. So Id love to see that again with Cliff, Josh, Akok and Springs

And if we miss then we have Josh, Akok, Springs, and a Grad Transfer, which resembles Chucky wane Olander Brimah et al.

And if we miss we still in my scenario would have Cole, Bouk, Thomas, Jalen, Jackson, Polley and Syd handling the bulk of guard and SF scoring duties

Much better chance with the first line up. Thats all I'm saying. Its a calculated risk with a high reward if we had Cam.

A 2020-21 team with senior Josh Carlton & freshman Cliff Omoruyi at C, soph Akok and soph Springs or senior Polley at PF, freshman Andre Jackson and sophomore James Bouknight at 3, freshman Cam Thomas and soph Bouknight at 2, soph Jalen Gaffney and junior RJ Cole at PG -- is that a championship team? It seems very young, of 9 rotation players only two would be upperclassmen, and not a lot of experience together. A top 10 team, yes, full of talent but still learning the game and learning each other.

I think that same team with Cardwell at center is nearly as good, maybe equally as good, maybe even better if the chemistry is better. And Cardwell will probably stay longer. Omoruyi's longing gaze at Kentucky is also a longing gaze at early departure from college.

Reaction Score

Have you already forgotten about last year? We pushed and pushed for Kofi the same way you are advocating we push for Cliff. When Kofi went sour we ended up whiffing on wahab too. We can't afford that 2 years in a row it will set us back tremendously. Cardwell looks to have monster potential, if we wants to commit tomorrow we take him.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Frontcourt physicality and rebounding have been weaknesses for our team in recent years. Cardwell checks both those boxes. If he wants UConn then you take him without hesitation.
Yes. He performs well in the hustle/effort categories. His personality will benefit us as well as his passion will raise the bar for the whole team during training, weight room, practice, etc. Comes from a good family as well.

A couple things that do concern me. You kind of prefer these effort/developmental kids to be playing limited minutes off the bench until they’re upperclassmen and we kind of need someone to play major minutes at center immediately for a team that should be very good. Also, he does seem to jump around schools, AAU programs a lot, mentioned in his recent move back to GA that he wants to be close to home...

Reaction Score
Cardwell is a 4 year player. No harm in solidifying the position on the long term and then going for bigger fish. Cardwell brings an attitude that UConn bigs need. I am sure is is a part of Hurley’s attraction to him
I agree. We need some continuity going in to the NBE. And it’s not like the kid is a project like Brimah.

Reaction Score
Yes. He performs well in the hustle/effort categories. His personality will benefit us as well as his passion will raise the bar for the whole team during training, weight room, practice, etc. Comes from a good family as well.

A couple things that do concern me. You kind of prefer these effort/developmental kids to be playing limited minutes off the bench until they’re upperclassmen and we kind of need someone to play major minutes at center immediately for a team that should be very good. Also, he does seem to jump around schools, AAU programs a lot, mentioned in his recent move back to GA that he wants to be close to home...

You do realize Carlton will be a senior next year and will be starting right???

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
No he won’t, he’s going to the NBA after this year

Just ask the BY
If Carlton is going to make the jump after this season it will mean we exceeded expectations as a team an he gets first team honors to propel his stock & my prediction of him possibly being the best center in the league will have to come true. That's a lot of if's

Reaction Score
If Carlton is going to make the jump after this season it will mean we exceeded expectations as a team an he gets first team honors to propel his stock & my prediction of him possibly being the best center in the league will have to come true. That's a lot of if's

I’m excited to see him matchup against Wiseman, I think he will preform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom