2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Love his intensity. Good personality, culture fit for us.

This dude either moves incredibly without the ball or the people in this video are horrific.

Reaction Score
Let's just say he's passionate on the court. This is the type of player if he plays here other teams will absolutely love to hate. The short shorts, the screaming and gyrating after big dunks and blocks. From the 8:40 mark on he has several highlight plays in a row and at like 9:20 you can here a girl in the crowd ask, "What is wrong with him." Dylan is #20...

Watch "Cole Anthony & Oak Hill GOT TESTED At All-Star Weekend! Then They WENT CRAZY " on YouTube

Reaction Score
Let's just say he's passionate on the court. This is the type of player if he plays here other teams will absolutely love to hate. The short shorts, the screaming and gyrating after big dunks and blocks. From the 8:40 mark on he has several highlight plays in a row and at like 9:20 you can here a girl in the crowd ask, "What is wrong with him." Dylan is #20...

Watch "Cole Anthony & Oak Hill GOT TESTED At All-Star Weekend! Then They WENT CRAZY " on YouTube

This video of him got me JUICED. Want to land him big time

Reaction Score
I think there's a lot to work with here. Definitely looks like he could add strength and size to that frame, he moves well, runs the floor, can pick and roll, good hands, has some in your face attitude, one of the top 3 centers we're looking at.

Be a nice commit, and timely too.

Reaction Score
The fact that he’s playing the top of that diamond and 1 full court press.. shows me all I need to see. We need this versatility in our front court.

Reaction Score

Lmao wow that’s great, I haven’t seen this before.

UConn has needed a hype dude that other teams’ fans hate for a long time.

Obviously playing time behind Kofi was sparing, but he averaged 3.8 PTS, 3.8 REB, and 1.3 BLK in only 10 minutes per game. Those equate to very good REB and BLK rates.

Reaction Score
There's another video with him that isn't his highlight reel so you get to see some more real play. Watch Video "DJ Steward vs Boston & Cooper"

Looked like some high caliber talent on both sides. I like that he impacts the game in the flow. They don't seem to look for him at all on offense, and he seemed to come out of the game a bunch. But he sticks to his game. He gets a few nice blocks, and seems to understand how to not foul. I'm assuming he's a bit limited offensively at this point, but I like that he isn't trying to be a small forward.

Reaction Score
He's got a little Hilton Armstrong in him.. plays with energy, a frontcourt guy... he's one of those college players that you'll probably love if he's on your team, but hate when he's not...

Reaction Score
Not a huge drop off from cliff imo
Offensively it is. Cliff isn’t super skilled, but he draws multiple defenders at times which can still help spacing, and he has some post moves. Cardwell is a pure rim runner and lob catcher at this stage. Not that he can’t be taught that stuff, but Cliff is far ahead of him there. Defensively I agree though.

Reaction Score

#21 in black looks good, we should get him

Reaction Score
Lmao wow that’s great, I haven’t seen this before.

UConn has needed a hype dude that other teams’ fans hate for a long time.

Obviously playing time behind Kofi was sparing, but he averaged 3.8 PTS, 3.8 REB, and 1.3 BLK in only 10 minutes per game. Those equate to very good REB and BLK rates.
I like him. He seems like a smart composed kid in interviews and then on the court he plays like he's crazed. I like that he played at Oak Hill with Cam, Cole Anthony, Kofi and other studs and now he's going to play with Sharif Cooper and BJ Boston. Playing with the best players in the country makes you better and as you alluded to we've had mostly quiet guys lately, it's time to have a wild man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom