2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of you are taking this a bit too personally. National media people are issuing apologies...so clearly there was bad info out there that made it’s way around. The posters on here who let us know what they’ve been hearing have no obligation to do so, and don’t claim to be news outlets...if you can’t accept that word of mouth isn’t 100% accurate all the time then just wait to hear what the Courant reports after the matter. Chastising our insiders is a bad look.
I don’t think they should be chastised, however If you want to be an insider you should be able to take the responsibility of being wrong too. That’s part of the game. I don’t know if I’ve seen any boneyard insider come out and say “sorry I had bad info” or any type of explanation other than Jake W. Like I said in another post, one insider with bad info isn’t really surprising but it just seems slightly sketchy when so many people appeared to have bad info. And crickets when the truth comes out

Reaction Score
I don’t this was a case of bad info.... more pretending and hoping.
Yea, it’s really hard to say without actually hearing where the info came from which we will never be told. So could be trying to be the first one right, or could be bad info. One will probably never know

Reaction Score
Some of you are taking this a bit too personally. National media people are issuing apologies...so clearly there was bad info out there that made it’s way around. The posters on here who let us know what they’ve been hearing have no obligation to do so, and don’t claim to be news outlets...if you can’t accept that word of mouth isn’t 100% accurate all the time then just wait to hear what the Courant reports after the matter. Chastising our insiders is a bad look.

I’m certainly not taking anything personally. I’m not upset or anything and I don’t think others on here are either.

Yes info is bad sometimes, so I don’t see what’s wrong with posters calling out other posters for reporting bad info. It’s the nature of the territory.

If you are an information provider (legit or not) you are going to be held responsible for the info you provide. It’s not a personal dig, or a severe lashing out, its just saying “hey, you’re info was wrong”.

People should have the right to question whether the info or the “insider” is legitimate.

You can call that a “bad look” but it seems like a pretty normal reaction to me.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised people put so much stock in these predictions in the first place.

I always read these threads with two things in mind:

1. The inside scoop comes from people around or close to the program, and is typically passed on to people outside the program, but it almost never comes from people in the program.

2. Sometimes coaches are entirely confident of landing a player, and sometimes they believe they've landed a player, and sometimes these players have even given coaches silent verbals. And to everyone's shock, especially the coach who thinks a recruit has committed, the player either changes his mind or else wasn't serious in the first place, he commits somewhere else. This has happened almost everywhere multiple times.

I just keep this in mind and it all makes sense. Clearly, when we're told someone is on campus when he's not, the info isn't coming from someone who knows things with any certainty.

Reaction Score
1570411215474.gif

Reaction Score
this is a really weird scenario - the 'insiders' disappeared - kind of strange. Makes us 'casual insiders' look pretty silly. Not cool.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm surprised people put so much stock in these predictions in the first place.

I always read these threads with two things in mind:

1. The inside scoop comes from people around or close to the program, and is typically passed on to people outside the program, but it almost never comes from people in the program.

2. Sometimes coaches are entirely confident of landing a player, and sometimes they believe they've landed a player, and sometimes these players have even given coaches silent verbals. And to everyone's shock, especially the coach who thinks a recruit has committed, the player either changes his mind or else wasn't serious in the first place, he commits somewhere else. This has happened almost everywhere multiple times.

I just keep this in mind and it all makes sense. Clearly, when we're told someone is on campus when he's not, the info isn't coming from someone who knows things with any certainty.
Didn’t JC get plunked by Bill Curley.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m with Soxfan here, nothing wrong with calling people out especially when they claim they know what’s going on. If you act like you know stuff others don’t you better be able to back it up. That’s all.

Plus, it’d be nice to decipher who the “real” insiders are.

And this is why I don't post info in public. I see our recruits, coaches, and their parents all the time. A few guys on here can verify that I knew Andre wanted uconn for close to 6 months. Doesn't mean he couldn't change his mind. I'd prefer not to get roasted because some 17 year old changes his mind about college.. like they're supposed to.

Again, I recommend you shut up and use the ignore button liberally so the rest of us can enjoy recruiting.

Newsflash: none of this actually has any real world impact for any of us. The point is enjoyment. if you dont enjoy it--stop listening.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To state the obvious.
An Insider is someone with direct contact with the staff and their support network and privy to sensitive info.
It’s pretty obvious many of the so called insiders here (not all) are really outsiders snooping around trying to find a crumb and occasionally find one. And thanks to them because most of us don’t have the time to do all that searching. Some use that to give the impression they are superior fans because of it. Whatever.
A true insider will not divulge info that could jeopardize a recruitment, especially on a public fan forum. They wouldn’t be insiders for long.
Take it all with a grain of salt. We’ll learn the recruits choices in due time.

Reaction Score
Again, I recommend you shut up and use the ignore button liberally so the rest of us can enjoy recruiting.

Newsflash: none of this actually has any real world impact for any of us. The point is enjoyment. if you dont enjoy it--stop listening.

All I have done is defend posters who called out other posters for supposedly spreading bad info. I honestly don’t really care one way or the other just saying it’s okay to call people out. Telling me to “shut up” is pretty immature and the only people on this forum right now taking this stuff personally are the ones defending the “insiders”.

I guess maybe bc you are worried that they won’t post anymore?? If they post info (legit or not) then that’s good, if they don’t post, oh well I’ll survive also. But i feel you are overreacting. I enjoy coming on this board and will continue to do so whether you or the other ones getting called out continue to post info or not.
I don’t really care to ignore anyone bc like you said none of this really affects our daily life and I’m going to post what I feel whether you like it or not man

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Take a step back and think about what you're mad about.

Supposed "insiders" on a free college basketball message board passed along information about a high school kids whereabouts to fellow fans, and the info happened to be wrong.

Life will go on.

Reaction Score
I think the “insiders” discussion has taken over a thread about an important recruit. Whether you’re upset they got it wrong, need to apologize or whatever we probably won’t find out about this young man until next weekend. Let’s get back on Cardwell, heck maybe he’s waiting for next weekend to help Andre recruit Cam?

Reaction Score
Why are people assuming I’m mad or that other posters are somehow mad? We’re just trying to understand what’s legit or not. I honestly don’t understand what’s wrong with that? I’m literally not mad at anyone at all. I’m also confused by the reactions my posts are eliciting. Didn’t think it would incite so much negativity

Reaction Score
I talked to Dave Borges at a game last year and I asked him if he read the Boneyard. He looked at me, shook his head no, sort of half-smiled in a veiled reference to the state of things on the Boneyard, and replied kind of vaguely that yes he has read it, but does not really look at it with any regularity.

OK Dave? (just kidding)

Reaction Score
I don’t think they should be chastised, however If you want to be an insider you should be able to take the responsibility of being wrong too. That’s part of the game. I don’t know if I’ve seen any boneyard insider come out and say “sorry I had bad info” or any type of explanation other than Jake W. Like I said in another post, one insider with bad info isn’t really surprising but it just seems slightly sketchy when so many people appeared to have bad info. And crickets when the truth comes out

You too. See my post above. Shut up and use the ignore button liberally.

No one needs to be held accountable for information that has 0 real-world consequence. This is supposed to be fun. If you don't trust the info, don't listen. If you want to have fun being a weird superfan all year round like me, enjoy the ride. Hiccups and all.

Re: this being "sketchy". No. Just no. There isn't a massive boneyard conspiracy to promote lies that have no monetary value.

There are definitely a couple weirdos with made up info on here. Pay attention and youll figure it out pretty quick.

Reaction Score
Why are people assuming I’m mad or that other posters are somehow mad? We’re just trying to understand what’s legit or not. I honestly don’t understand what’s wrong with that? I’m literally not mad at anyone at all. I’m also confused by the reactions my posts are eliciting. Didn’t think it would incite so much negativity
The reason is that posts like yours and soxfan23's are the type of posts that have driven away the people who used to provide this kind of info. Just don't want that happening again

Reaction Score
Agreed. Anyone that still uses particpation trophy as a pejorative can be safely ignored.

I've never understood it. As a parent of kids in youth sports, the parents are 10x more rabid for victory than they were when I was a kid. In fact, my parents were often at work when I played, and I rode my bike a few miles to the fields. Rarely did they show up. Now you have parents in team gear flipping out and putting huge pressure on their kids. The idea that we're coddling them is totally counter to my experience as a kid (growing up in the 70s and early 80s), where I didn't have any parental pressure (or that of other know-it-all parents like the kids have today).

Reaction Score
The way I look at it, we’re lucky to have ANYTHING. And the people that do post info here are great resources who are simply passing stuff along. If the tradeoff for that awesome relationship is occasional instances where info is wrong or bad, then so be it. I’ll make that trade any day. I don’t think anyone here would try to mislead us to get their rocks off. It happens. Kids change their minds in an instant, situations are fluid. I still look forward to seeing the next post from BField, Matrim, or the other important posters.

Reaction Score
The reason is that posts like yours and soxfan23's are the type of posts that have driven away the people who used to provide this kind of info. Just don't want that happening again

Okay I get that, but I still think my point is fair bc if some ppl are not throwing out good info and just trying to get attention I don’t see a problem w them getting called out by other posters. To me it’s all part of the game. That’s my only point and I’m not going to waiver on that.
I will stop posting about it though bc I’m getting tired of the back and forth and negative responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom