2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of you are taking this a bit too personally. National media people are issuing apologies...so clearly there was bad info out there that made it’s way around. The posters on here who let us know what they’ve been hearing have no obligation to do so, and don’t claim to be news outlets...if you can’t accept that word of mouth isn’t 100% accurate all the time then just wait to hear what the Courant reports after the matter. Chastising our insiders is a bad look.
if you post something, you should know what your posting, or why post it at all? Um hello

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can we all take a moment to just laugh at ourselves and the absurdity of this thread, 3 days 250 posts real time discussing a visit that wasn’t even happening? :D Why didn’t anyone correct us or Jake? there had to be tons of people who saw jakes tweets and this thread that knew lol.

Reaction Score
It’s so frustrating how good guys with insight and knowledge of things around the program and the game in general have to get run off on here because of posters who feel empowered to call them out when false info comes along. Just shut up and get over yourselves.

I appreciate all the inside info given on this board right or wrong, and I hope the guys that were mislead don’t take a step back from this board. Unreal

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I talked to Dave Borges at a game last year and I asked him if he read the Boneyard. He looked at me, shook his head no, sort of half-smiled in a veiled reference to the state of things on the Boneyard, and replied kind of vaguely that yes he has read it, but does not really look at it with any regularity.

OK Dave? (just kidding)
I met him, too, and did a funny thing by introducing myself as Dove. He laughed and said I was awesome. I believe him that he thinks that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You too. See my post above. Shut up and use the ignore button liberally.

No one needs to be held accountable for information that has 0 real-world consequence. This is supposed to be fun. If you don't trust the info, don't listen. If you want to have fun being a weird superfan all year round like me, enjoy the ride. Hiccups and all.

Re: this being "sketchy". No. Just no. There isn't a massive boneyard conspiracy to promote lies that have no monetary value.

There are definitely a couple weirdos with made up info on here. Pay attention and youll figure it out pretty quick.
You can also shut up. Who made you the designated bully? I’m not going anywhere, just pointing out this had a different feel than the occasional “I had bad info” deal with how many people had wrong info. I’ll be here waiting for sighting of a Cardwell commitment from our faithful insiders, but not to listen to you be a dick from behind your computer. Real tough

Reaction Score
Deleted. What'd it say?
nothing too important. just a response from weingarten to slater:
1570416377716.png

Reaction Score
And this is why I don't post info in public. I see our recruits, coaches, and their parents all the time. A few guys on here can verify that I knew Andre wanted uconn for close to 6 months. Doesn't mean he couldn't change his mind. I'd prefer not to get roasted because some 17 year old changes his mind about college.. like they're supposed to.

Again, I recommend you shut up and use the ignore button liberally so the rest of us can enjoy recruiting.

Newsflash: none of this actually has any real world impact for any of us. The point is enjoyment. if you dont enjoy it--stop listening.
What are we supposed to use the ignore button for? People stated the kid was on campus. He wasn’t. That’s pretty black and white. Not an opinion of interest in UConn or that someone is leaning heavily on a commitment. That can change day to day. This was not that scenario, and to act like people shouldn’t have questions about that is moronic.

Reaction Score
For those on this forum who are only concerned with absolutes you should really just watch your twitter timeline for when a kid actually commits somewhere.

The joy of speculation is why I’m active on here. As with anything stuff happens and there’s misinformation. Whatever.

People are providing info because they’re nice enough to do so. No one mentioned a commitment or anything. We can still be sitting great with Cardwell even without him on campus.

Until he commits anywhere this is all fun and games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Supposed "insiders" on a free college basketball message board passed along information about a high school kids whereabouts to fellow fans, and the info happened to be wrong.
Maybe we can give all these whiners their money back.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
nothing too important. just a response from weingarten to slater:
View attachment 47005
Lol at recruiting guru drama. Also they’re both in the wrong here. Jake shouldn’t take this stuff personal, verified the information he was getting and Slater probably should have just left the kid alone, hes young and made an error.

Reaction Score
You can also shut up. Who made you the designated bully? I’m not going anywhere, just pointing out this had a different feel than the occasional “I had bad info” deal with how many people had wrong info. I’ll be here waiting for sighting of a Cardwell commitment from our faithful insiders, but not to listen to you be a dick from behind your computer. Real tough

Fishy's the designated bully. Everyone on the yard knows that. Let's call this experience a pre-job interview. His stress level seems pretty high, so I'm thinking it won't be long before I send my CV to the mod team.

Reaction Score
Lol at recruiting guru drama. Also they’re both in the wrong here. Jake shouldn’t take this stuff personal, verified the information he was getting and Slater probably should have just left the kid alone, he made an error, it happens.

Agreed. Lesson learned for the kid. And Slater should probably not hassle a kid trying to start his career. I suspect the recruiting guys probably feel a little threatened. Jake has a knack for this stuff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know I’m not going to make any friends on either side of the slate but this is hilarious. We couldn’t have punked ourselves better if we tried.

This is pure gold. In the not to distant future most of us will be laughing about this together. I’ve decided not to wait and have been getting a kick out of it the moment of the reveal.

Reaction Score
For those on this forum who are only concerned with absolutes you should really just watch your twitter timeline for when a kid actually commits somewhere.

The joy of speculation is why I’m active on here. As with anything stuff happens and there’s misinformation. Whatever.

People are providing info because they’re nice enough to do so. No one mentioned a commitment or anything. We can still be sitting great with Cardwell even without him on campus.

Until he commits anywhere this is all fun and games.
No insider will ever be 100% with the info they get. That’s known. We should all be appreciative of the info that does leak out from time to time that our insiders care to share with the rest of us. I think some people are over reacting to some of the responses here. In my humble opinion I feel like knowing whether someone is physically on a visit is pretty easy information for insiders to obtain. So maybe that’s me being inexperienced. I’m not trying to bash any of our insiders, if that’s how I’m coming off I apologize but I didn’t think it was. More so curious in general as to how info like that goes bad, I can understand if it was like a recruits interest level (that can change quickly, let alone the countless ways info like that can be misinterpreted from the recruit to source to insider) but would figure a recruit being on a visit is pretty black and white. Regardless of all of that, I’m looking forward to watching his recruitment continue to play out and hopefully get some good news from our insiders soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom