2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lock up Cardwell, if Cliff wants the last spot take him and we have a tremendous big man rotation
Agreed. But if we took both those guys I think that’d almost guarantee a transfer which may open up another schollie. Cam anyone?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who wants to wait for Cliff?
Here’s a question for you. We wait for cliff. Cliff goes to Kentucky. Then what? We are stuck with our current roster plus Andre and another scholly (Kadary?). Josh as a senior with Whaley as our backup. Would that be worth waiting for cliff to you? Going into the recruiting season with only Whaley as our center for 2020.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But if we took both those guys I think that’d almost guarantee a transfer which may open up another schollie. Cam anyone?
Yeah I don't even think it happens, but it would be nice. With Andre here I'm at the point where it feels like a race, want your spot then get here and commit first. And I love it

Reaction Score
The last video posted by AntG168 shows significant other capabilities that just drools potential. Early on he takes the ball smoothly the length of the court on a fast break and goes behind his back around a defender to the hoop!! He catches the ball several times at the high post and passes or fakes and takes it to the hoop. He makes 3 jump shots 15', one comes off a well executed pick and roll. He makes the quick efficient pass to a guards after a defensive rebounds, except 1x when they were pressured, then he held the ball with poise until a guard opened up. He makes most of his blocks against his own player vs coming to help, (admittedly he is usually taller). He executed one trick play throwing the ball of the backboard to rebound and stuff it thru. Usually this happens when the game is wide open. He did it in a half court set catching the ball at the top of the key and making a move against the other team's full defense.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If we wait for Cliff and miss on cliff that’d be a recruiting disaster

This and, also, we’d be dumping a ton of resources/time into a kid who, if UK ever decides to make him a priority, is as good as gone. As I said earlier, I was pretty solidly in the “wait for Cliff” crowd, but once he said he is postponing a commitment until Spring and I started watching more of Cardwell, I quickly warmed to going this route. If we’re really recruiting for 3 (I believe we are), it’s more efficient to lock up your biggest need and then go big game hunting with Cam rather than worrying all winter that we still dont have the big that we desperately need locked up.

Cardwell is a perfect fit, stylistically. Lets close this.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Can anyone near Storrs give a weather report?

Reaction Score
A lineup featuring Dylan, Kadary, JG, JB, AJ, And Sid has to be the most athletic team UConn has ever fielded. Can you imagine all of the lob opportunities on fast breaks?

Last edited:

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Nice day ahead. Like it was two weeks ago.

Thank you. It really is very nice this time of year.

BE52DF7B-4CF0-4EC8-84F9-715D369E9626.jpeg

Reaction Score
The last video posted by AntG168 shows significant other capabilities that just drools potential. Early on he takes the ball smoothly the length of the court on a fast break and goes behind his back around a defender to the hoop!! He catches the ball several times at the high post and passes or fakes and takes it to the hoop. He makes 3 jump shots 15', one comes off a well executed pick and roll. He makes the quick efficient pass to a guards after a defensive rebounds, except 1x when they were pressured, then he held the ball with poise until a guard opened up. He makes most of his blocks against his own player vs coming to help, (admittedly he is usually taller). He executed one trick play throwing the ball of the backboard to rebound and stuff it thru. Usually this happens when the game is wide open. He did it in a half court set catching the ball at the top of the key and making a move against the other team's full defense.

That video is film from 2 years ago in a crappy public school. He isn't doing any of that at Oak Hill, for AOT or for UConn. If he never dribbles more than 2x at uconn, it's a good thing. And he certainly can't shoot the ball. Extremely raw player. Great ceiling with his speed, but he's superrr mechanical on the court.

High major bball recruits are freaks compared to their peers.. there's a reason why the smart ones leave for better competition.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
whats all that cr.p on the ground, looks like work to me

Lol. It ain’t you cleaning it up. But it could be Coach Hurley. He cleans up on the trail a lot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ironically enough there is a popular ice cream place not far from me called Cliff’s Dairy Bar.

Coincidence? I think not.

Reaction Score

Im tempted to feel that way. I think if we had Cam Thomas locked up already then maybe we could go that route. Because even if we strike out and miss on Cliff, we would still add Cam and Andre to a great squad and then we could add a grad transfer big to fill in time behind Carlton and Akok and Springs, and Whaley, assuming that Dylan was gone by the spring. However, since we don't have Cam I don't think we can shoot for the moon right now. Take Cardwell. Try to get Cam Thomas. And if we can't get Cam then go after a 2 big class with Cliff. If Cardwell doesn't commit though and Cam does next week on his OV. Then wait for Cliff. Especially because I think the Andre and Cam would recruit the hell out of Cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom