2020 Recruiting: - Dylan Cardwell OV | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dylan Cardwell OV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like his frame. Rare to get a high school big that isn't either a spongy oaf or a string bean. He's got a solid frame and for a kid his age, a decent amount of muscle on him. A season (even an off season) with Sal could produce the kind of a physically imposing force in the middle we want.
I absolutely loved the block and full court outlet pass. That one play was enough to tell me we want him. Offensively, I'm a little worried about his jumping ability (or his jumping mechanics). He's big on dunking on the move, especially off the alley oop. But from a position under the hoop, his feet stay awfully close to the ground and he shoots a weak layup. Kinda like the freshman Carlton, so don't see that as something that our staff won't be able to fix, because by mid-season last year, Josh was going much higher without a running start.
Passing-wise, he has skills at both delivering and receiving/converting, so that's a major plus.
Time for Hurley to keep the momentum going, and put our first BE roster in place. Don't let this guy leave campus without a commitment!

The interest in Cardwell and Brown-Ferguson, along with getting Andre Jackson suggests to me that Hurley is serious about playing a lot of transition basketball. All of these guys have games, bodies and skills that would be enhanced by that style of play. Good motors, rebounding, shot blocking and passing. It seems we are all-in.

That means we won't necessarily have a devastating half court game. That's ok. We have some shooters, and if we got Cam, we'd have plenty of outside firepower between him, Bouk, Cole, Akok, Polley and Gaffney come 20-21.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch the videos but the descriptions given on this thread remind me a bit of Josh Boone. Except the emotion. 6’10 and wide, high IQ, bangs the boards, can pass- especially on an outlet to start a break, doesn’t shoot it from distance. I’d take another Boone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love the Jake reference.
Always need players like that on your team.
Set great picks, rebound, quick outlet passes to start fast break etc.
Jake, maybe along with Boatright, is on of the most underappreciated guys who have played for us. I don't think we win the natty without either of them.

For whatever reasons, Cardwell reminds me of Edmund Saunders. I suspect it is the intensity.
1570212172677.png

Reaction Score
The interest in Cardwell and Brown-Ferguson, along with getting Andre Jackson suggests to me that Hurley is serious about playing a lot of transition basketball. All of these guys have games, bodies and skills that would be enhanced by that style of play. Good motors, rebounding, shot blocking and passing. It seems we are all-in.

That means we won't necessarily have a devastating half court game. That's ok. We have some shooters, and if we got Cam, we'd have plenty of outside firepower between him, Bouk, Cole, Akok, Polley and Gaffney come 20-21.
Fine by me. Calhoun years included, I can barely remember the last time I thought “wow, I love UConn’s half court offense.”

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Jake, maybe along with Boatright, is on of the most underappreciated guys who have played for us. I don't think we win the natty without either of them.

For whatever reasons, Cardwell reminds me of Edmund Saunders. I suspect it is the intensity.
View attachment 46941

I’ve been thinking Saunders this whole thread...just a guy who is gonna work his butt off to get after it, and when the payoff comes he’s gonna let everyone know. Not a superstar, but a reliable player who brings some serious fire and emotion off the bench.

Reaction Score

View attachment 46941
Unrelated but I'm reminded of how unbelievably great those jerseys were. Cool font, just enough red to make things pop visually, the wide bands on the shorts. Impeccable

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

View attachment 46941

I hope everyone realized how important boat was to 2014.

The way Ollie used him was brilliant. It was executed fantastically. And combined with brimahs paint patrolling, anchored the defense during that run.

Reaction Score

View attachment 46941
Edmund was my call as well but we have to temper expectations a bit. Edmund was a big time recruit, Boone was top 100, and Tyson Chandler was the #2 draft pick out of high school.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
How much pressure do you think the staff is going to put on him to commit now? He knows they are trying to get Cliff to move sooner (seems unlikely) but also hotly pursuing Javonte Brown Ferguson who's coming in later this month to visit.

Are they going to push him hard to commit this weekend or will the staff try to play it coy to see how the rest shakes out?

I know we will take the first to commit, but curious how aggressive the staff is being given the other 2 guys they are also actively pursing?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I want Cliff only because the fruit offered him. He's not a priority for them, but it's still fun taking recruits they offered/wanted.
Outside of that schadenfreude reasoning, I want whoever Danny wants and whoever wants to be part of what we've got going on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love the full court outlet pass to the guard that leaked out.
Announcer: “Cardwell with the rebound. It’s a deep pass to the blur. Hello.”

Color commentator: “You know he dunked it before you said hello”.

“Perhaps we should call him the Flash.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits