Durham transferring | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm getting a really good laugh at anyone here who believes MAL decommitted to UConn because of Glen Miller.
Chill better deliver his huskies; washington husky recruits or it is going to be a long year

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Next season is a rebuild season for KO because only two players have played together any minutes.
Whatever we're calling next season, KO better be able to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Reaction Score
Asked to leave, like stop. Haven't said a bad word about Oz on here, but like really?
Seriously doubt that Oz would have posted that unless he knew something. Could me a bunch of reasons. I tend o believe Oz on this one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Stop right now! I've only completed season 5. I want to see Ramsey die a long and painful death.

If you aren't caught up at this stage of the game, it's on you buddy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're coming here and saying this is the baseline given recent events. Even the football posters who have supported Randy all these years understand that next season or two could be rebuilds.

Next season is a rebuild season for KO because only two players have played together any minutes.

Ah, see, now that is the issue. UConn basketball doesn't have rebuilds. We have down years, but we reload. Like Alabama football. The moment we lose that, the moment we aren't one of the programs...we are toast. Ollie could afford a year like this next one may be. He can't afford it after the year we just had. We can't become a mid pack AAC squad.

Reaction Score
To be honest I don't think any of the guys that left were that good. They could easily be replaced. I'm thinking they were pushed out by Ollie. The one that hurts for me is Langford.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Playing good man to man defense is all about effort. It's hard to teach maximum effort, either you got it or you don't.

idk sammy. I think it's teachable. It's a more a matter of, either you commit to it, or you don't.

Some kids naturally have it, so can adopt it as their mentality (to get better and earn PT). Some don't bother. It's a choice.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
To be honest I don't think any of the guys that left were that good. They could easily be replaced. I'm thinking they were pushed out by Ollie. The one that hurts for me is Langford.

I agree, and even still, it's pretty evident we will find a guard of some kind to replace MAL, whether it be a Frosh or a GT or regular transfer.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ah, see, now that is the issue. UConn basketball doesn't have rebuilds. We have down years, but we reload. Like Alabama football. The moment we lose that, the moment we aren't one of the programs...we are toast. Ollie could afford a year like this next one may be. He can't afford it after the year we just had. We can't become a mid pack AAC squad.

I disagree with the premise that another bad year will be the demise of the program. Yes, as I've stated, bb teams can go through a rebuild period as opposed to a reload, but the ability to rebuild is significantly easier in bb than football.

Obviously with each successive negative event the rebuild gets more difficult. But the assumption you are making, that we are toast, is too extreme imo. Otherwise, by your logic, everyone on the football forum that believes UConn football can attain a modicum degree of success over the next few years most assuredly have to be kidding themselves. I don't post in that forum but I do read it and I believe that in the future (two or three years from now) things will pick up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why did he decommit?

What's more likely? A nationally recognized recruit dropping UConn because of the associate head coach being fired or the fact that we've significantly under performed the past three seasons, only have Napier as an NBA player under KO and then on top of that players are transferring out with nothing but playing time available.

I saw his public comments and I think MAL took the high road and made a nice public statement. What's he going to say? The program is on a fire right now and I don't want to be anywhere near it?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This program, led by Head Coach Kevin Ollie, is a total dysfunctional mess right now.

The Strength and Conditioning Coach, Glen Miller, Enoch, Jackson, MAL and Durham are all out in the past month.

His buddy "Oz" is spouting off on Twitter like an idiot.

No more excuses, no more "well we can't do any better", KO owns this program and has run it into the ground.

Let's see what he makes of it. Another sub .500 season and I think a change would have to be in order.

The only person/people who need to make such remarks like these are people who are closely tied to the program and who knows what's going on intimately
And CHB - I don't think you are in that position
Do you know for a fact that this allusive and anonymous OZ is in fact a KO insider and that he has carte blanche??
A SCC is asked to leave, 80% of those who post here feel the kids should be stronger and more physical BUT now thats bad he is gone
GM has been the brunt of much negativity on this board and IF he was responsible for the development of the bigs it looks like he failed - but now that's bad he is gone
SE couldn't guard my 5 yo granddaughter in her drive to the hoop and picked up 3 fouls by just getting off the bench and most saw it that way but now it bad he is gone
VJ could shoot the ball but hesitated to take many open shots, had huge lapses in defense and a father who at time was meddling and most saw that but he is gone and that is bad
MAL wants to be the big fish - there isn't room for that next year
JD has two bad knees, KO stuck with him when many a coach would have cut him loose, now all of a sudden, while being totally untested some he belch out that he is our only returning 5 and a savior - as far as I'm concerned the kid in this case owes a good turn to KO, not the other way around.
Sometimes changes are needed and when we aren't privy to the reasons why some people start letting their emotions hang out
Dysfunctional?? that's that to me is delusional

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Honestly, I don't think we are that program. Nor are we a middle of the pack AAC (despite our recent results). Somewhere in between.

The program you described above is Duke, UK, UNC. Despite our tournament success, we don't have remotely the same ability to bring guys in.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The only person/people who need to make such remarks like these are people who are closely tied to the program and who knows what's going on intimately
And CHB - I don't think you are in that position
Do you know for a fact that this allusive and anonymous OZ is in fact a KO insider and that he has carte blanche??
A SCC is asked to leave, 80% of those who post here feel the kids should be stronger and more physical BUT now thats bad he is gone
GM has been the brunt of much negativity on this board and IF he was responsible for the development of the bigs it looks like he failed - but now that's bad he is gone
SE couldn't guard my 5 yo granddaughter in her drive to the hoop and picked up 3 fouls by just getting off the bench and most saw it that way but now it bad he is gone
VJ could shoot the ball but hesitated to take many open shots, had huge lapses in defense and a father who at time was meddling and most saw that but he is gone and that is bad
MAL wants to be the big fish - there isn't room for that next year
JD has two bad knees, KO stuck with him when many a coach would have cut him loose, now all of a sudden, while being totally untested some he belch out that he is our only returning 5 and a savior - as far as I'm concerned the kid in this case owes a good turn to KO, not the other way around.
Sometimes changes are needed and when we aren't privy to the reasons why some people start letting their emotions hang out
Dysfunctional?? that's that to me is delusional

Dude, the team returns 4 players who have played a minute of Division 1 college basketball.

Adams, Vital and then the 3 games we saw from Larrier and Gilbert.

That's not dysfunctional? Are you kidding me?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
idk sammy. I think it's teachable. It's a more a matter of, either you commit to it, or you don't. It's choice.
I think you just confirmed what he's saying and contradicted yourself somewhat. It's a choice whether or not to make the effort to play defense. Not sure how you can "teach" that except by reinforcing that there are consequences for lack of effort, which I think KO tried to do, but was limited by the short bench.

The longer I am a parent, the more I am convinced that you can't teach "effort." It is something that gets learned--or not--when someone sees the results of effort reinforced. And learning it doesn't always mean that someone starts giving better effort immediately. Sometimes, especially with kids, they drop out for a while because they don't want to try that hard.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dude, the team returns 4 players who have played a minute of Division 1 college basketball.

Adams, Vital and then the 3 games we saw from Larrier and Gilbert.

Not arguing one way or another about dysfunctional, but Larrier has a full season under his belt. The caveat is that he just lost a season to major injury, and has barely played in 2 years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The longer I am a parent, the more I am convinced that you can't teach "effort." It is something that gets learned--or not--when someone sees the results of effort reinforced. And learning it doesn't always mean that someone starts giving better effort immediately. Sometimes, especially with kids, they drop out for a while because they don't want to try that hard.

Yah, but that's teaching! Reward punishment is a method for instilling behavior. Someone is showing you the way it needs to be done in order to get playing time, in order to get better. If you buy in, you are learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom