Durham transferring | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying it can't happen but I don't recall many situations where a player decommitted and ended up signing with the same school. The examples here are the exceptions rather than the rule.

This late in the process, a decommit is likely being contacted behind the scenes prior to the decommit.

Reaction Score
Because some of this stuff is just what we 'heard'. I can honestly buy the Durham is homesick bit if you sold it to me. Too many stories from people who know him. Now, I don't know if this is actually true, but I could buy it.

Also, if he was forced off the team (which I don't believe), he didn't quit.

Homesickness just sounds like too convenient an excuse. Regardless of the real reason he left, he could cite homesickness, and nobody would question him on it.

I don't think he was straight-up forced off the team. But I could imagine a situation where KO tells him he needs to bulk up or work harder, Durham intimates he's not interested, decides to leave.

Durham can leave that situation saying he left of his own volition. KO (or Oz) can say it was his way or the highway, and Durham choosing the highway is equivalent to him being forced out.

Reaction Score
The other (related) move is for Parents to hold their kid back in 7th/8th grade to gain a year of skill development and more importantly physical development. So when they are in high school, they've got a year on everybody else. Their playing against less developed kids, and have the advantage of looking better when getting recruited.

Happens not so much in basketball, but sports like lacrosse.
Yeah I'm of the opinion holding your kid back in school for athletic reasons is creepy and gross

Reaction Score
You're coming here and saying this is the baseline given recent events. Even the football posters who have supported Randy all these years understand that next season or two could be rebuilds.

Next season is a rebuild season for KO because only two players have played together any minutes.
The baseline is competing for conference titles, making the tourney, and getting to the second week.

As I said, if Ollie can't right this ship over the next two years, he's not the right guy. And like it or not, another season like this year and yes, the heat is turned up for Ollie.

Don't confuse expectations for the bb team with the th team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anybody know KO's phone number?

I already graduated UConn undergrad, but I think I have 4 years of eligibility left. Solid 6'3"-6'4" very slow and out of shape, but a jaw-dropping wingspan

Dude, contact Oz! He's scouting for guys on TOB. How's your jumper?

Reaction Score
“At first, it was mainly because of Coach Miller leaving that made me think about it,” the 6-foot-2 guard told ESPN.com’s Adam Finkelstein. “But as I started to do that, I realized I kind of made my first decision spontaneously right after my visit.” -MAL

Stop. How in the world would MAL know what MAL was thinking!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Disagree on Vital. Most sites had Vital around a top 150 recruit. MAL was around top 30. Big difference in the perceived talent level.
I'm guessing that Vital's development played a role in MAL's decision. At the time of his commit, Vital was projected as a four year guard off the bench. There was also the real possibly (at that time) that one of JA and AG could blow up and enter the NBA draft.

The situation heading into the 2017-2018 season appears far different today than it did when MAL committed.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Vital's development played a role in MAL's decision. At the time of his commit, Vital was projected as a four year guard off the bench. There was also the real possibly (at that time) that one of JA and AG could blow up and enter the NBA draft.

The situation heading into the 2017-2018 season appears far different today than it did when MAL committed.
I don't think anyone, including Gilbert, thought there was ANY chance he would leave early at ANY point in college. If anything, his redshirt might have played a role in his release. All and all, I'm leaning more towards the disaster that's taking place being the cause of his release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom