Durham transferring | The Boneyard

Durham transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just shocked that he's going to spend 3 of 4 years NOT playing basketball. It is a very long time to NOT play basketball.

It has got to be a concern, right? But what do I know?

This one is unexpected.

Diarra has to be licking his chops.

Now imagine, 4 years from now, Durham will be a senior, 23 years old, with a history of bad knees.

It could benefit him to spend so much time outside of basketball, maybe improving by not playing, yet--I would not guess this is the optimal path to take.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
When he tore 2 ACLs and was worried about his value as a player UConn and Ollie stood by his side and stayed loyal, I guess that doesn't go both ways anymore.

On the other hand if I am misjudging JD's intentions then the chemistry problems rumored are worse than I imagined if this kid can't see himself with the team that he said showed him so much love. I am inclined to think it's the latter when considering the other changes as well.

Reaction Score
Really, it's getting to the point where people are rationalizing, "well they weren't that good...not a big deal...etc etc" and I get that. Durham was never going to be the player we thought he would be after those injuries. Vance would never survive KO and how he was being used. Enoch needed to go somewhere else to improve. MAL wanted to see other options...These guys are theoretically ALL replaceable.

But really...wtf are we going to do?? Are we going to be replacing these people with kids who can play next year?? Is there a plan?? Or does Ollie have his hands in his pockets and are really going to field a team of about 7 next year? Really I'm at a loss for words not because of the people transferring, but because of the sheer amount of it going on this year. I've never seen anything like this before. What the hell do we do now?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And I was about to post earlier today how wonderful it is that things are quiet.

I liked this kids potential. He knows how to play the game. But who knows if he will ever regain what he had before his injuries.

Whatever his reasons good luck Juwan.

Reaction Score
I was of the opinion that everything is fine but this is Bizarre. You only see this when a coach is fired. 3 transfers and decommit.

Reaction Score
This is tough. Juwan has the potential to have a really complete game. I've been waiting to see if this shoe dropped. Hopefully we move forward from here. Seeya Juwan and good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro