Defensive Coordinator | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Defensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If there are people here supporting Spanos as DC then delete your account right now.
The coaches haven’t even changed from the time he left so I don’t know what would have changed for it to make any sense

Reaction Score
Refresh my memory. Whey do we think a DC will be hired? Did someone say something that sent the X-verse a twittering?

Reaction Score
When haven’t we halfassed something? Hire a quality coach then a joker from Maine for OC and no DC. Hire Retread then bring in a great OC then run him out of town and keep the worst DC in FBS, and the list goes on…we just are incapable of making a good decision without hobbling it in the next. Program is really tries your patience.

Reaction Score
Decided to go 3-3-5 with no linebackers capable of playing the system. I don’t want to talk about it.
Yup. A system without the right personnel isn't worth the effort

Reaction Score
does anyone ever watch 2018, 2019 or 2021 uconn defensive highlights/lowlights just for funzies? its pwetty bad.

HCJM is no nick saban but he has done more with the same caliber of talent than any of those prior uconn teams have. That said, having him + a dedicated defensive mind, no matter what stage of career/fame they're in, brings MUCH more upside than downside - just my humble opinion. I look forward to the defense next year, even if we don't land someone "hot".

Reaction Score
does anyone ever watch 2018, 2019 or 2021 uconn defensive highlights/lowlights just for funzies? its pwetty bad.

HCJM is no nick saban but he has done more with the same caliber of talent than any of those prior uconn teams have. That said, having him + a dedicated defensive mind, no matter what stage of career/fame they're in, brings MUCH more upside than downside - just my humble opinion. I look forward to the defense next year, even if we don't land someone "hot".
He started and played an unheard number of underdeveloped freshmen and underclassmen. Claimed it would have been worse if he played Diaco's upperclassmen. Created a split in the roster. 2021 confidence was damaged after the first game, season over after 2nd. You should be worried about the D There was a precipitous drop off in tackling efficiency and turnover rate made up some after the UMass game. Stafford, Yates only held up or improved Y-Y. Dixon hopefully, Mollette seemed to come on a bit. Really don't know what you have after that until they play.

Reaction Score
Has anything even been leaked for people to be upset? I know people are throwing out names, but are any of them based on inside knowledge?

Let’s let them announce the hire before we trash them.

Reaction Score
He started and played an unheard number of underdeveloped freshmen and underclassmen. Claimed it would have been worse if he played Diaco's upperclassmen. Created a split in the roster. 2021 confidence was damaged after the first game, season over after 2nd. You should be worried about the D There was a precipitous drop off in tackling efficiency and turnover rate made up some after the UMass game. Stafford, Yates only held up or improved Y-Y. Dixon hopefully, Mollette seemed to come on a bit. Really don't know what you have after that until they play.
Concerned would be better but it is the purpose in hiring of a DC to address.

Reaction Score
When haven’t we halfassed something? Hire a quality coach then a joker from Maine for OC and no DC. Hire Retread then bring in a great OC then run him out of town and keep the worst DC in FBS, and the list goes on…we just are incapable of making a good decision without hobbling it in the next. Program is really tries your patience.
Technically they hired a DC he just so happened to be option D and the quitter quit before the season

Reaction Score
And Madigan is regarded as a reliable source? (Sorry, I don't follow deeply enough to judge the Xerati.)
Dan is a UConnblog editor

Not judging reliability, just adding context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom