Defensive Coordinator | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Defensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He sure helped the opponents defense.

Charlton and Brian Ferentz were both their team's OC and the other team's DC at the same time. Amazing multitasking job by those coaches. Where do they find the time?

Reaction Score
has anybody heard anything new regarding this hire?
I would love our media to figure out what's been going on with DC hires under Mora. Is it a salary issue? Is Mora looking for a unicorn? Do DCs not want to work under him?

Reaction Score
I would love our media to figure out what's been going on with DC hires under Mora. Is it a salary issue? Is Mora looking for a unicorn? Do DCs not want to work under him?
Multiple reasons I think. Who's he gonna get that's better than him and he can deploy the budget saved elsewhere.

Reaction Score
New? No. My guess is we already have our DC under contract.
Yup, and his initials are JM. I do not understand how one tweet on X can throw BY'ers into a frenzy about something.

Reaction Score
Yup, and his initials are JM. I do not understand how one tweet on X can throw BY'ers into a frenzy about something.
Because people are hung up on HC’s can’t call plays because supposedly it takes away from their other duties even there’s plenty of HC’s that do it

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in the current fiscal/CFB environment but it was seemingly more than one tweet - it was alluded that the DC topic came up on a call w/ Mike Burton, AD David Benedict and Coach Mora: UConn Football Webinar this evening

Reaction Score
Because people are hung up on HC’s can’t call plays because supposedly it takes away from their other duties even there’s plenty of HC’s that do it
Barry Alvarez did all of that and he was Wisconsin’s AD at the same time.

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly's offenses were pretty good with him as HC. Same with Rich Rod. I get what they're saying but Mora is perfectly capable of doing both calling plays and coaching. Would I like to see a dedicated DC? Sure because then Mora can put in time coaching both sides of the ball equally. But I'm not worried if he continues to call plays.

Reaction Score
Does UConn maintain a full complement of on field coaches with Mora acting as DC? If not, they're shorting themselves purposefully which makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly's offenses were pretty good with him as HC. Same with Rich Rod. I get what they're saying but Mora is perfectly capable of doing both calling plays and coaching. Would I like to see a dedicated DC? Sure because then Mora can put in time coaching both sides of the ball equally. But I'm not worried if he continues to call plays.
Absolutely chip and rich rod were. People on here think Mora can’t multi task.

Reaction Score
Absolutely chip and rich rod were. People on here think Mora can’t multi task.
People only have so much attention and time. All the time spent acting as DC takes away time that could be spent working with and observing the offense and special teams to correct issues so they're not a dumpster fire

Reaction Score
People only have so much attention and time. All the time spent acting as DC takes away time that could be spent working with and observing the offense and special teams to correct issues so they're not a dumpster fire
So essentially you want a Diaco micro manager type

Reaction Score
Stanford, UCLA, San Diego State, LA-Munroe, Miss State, Vanderbilt, Louisville, UConn look to have HCs who are also coordinators in FBS
What seems to be a glaring downside to us (and Vanderbilt) operating this way is that we're the only 2 who have DCs doubling as HCs while the rest are all OCs doubling as HCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom