Defensive Coordinator | The Boneyard

Defensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn is at the limit of 1 head coach, 10 assistant coaches, 4 grad assistants. No limits on analysts
Marianelli's position was created instead of a DC. Apparently, the OC had more than a 2-year contract.
So, what value are you getting out of Marianelli instead of a DC and was it a cost decision to keep Charlton?(or truly satisfied with his performance)

Reaction Score
UConn is at the limit of 1 head coach, 10 assistant coaches, 4 grad assistants. No limits on analysts
Marianelli's position was created instead of a DC. Apparently, the OC had more than a 2-year contract.
So, what value are you getting out of Marianelli instead of a DC and was it a cost decision to keep Charlton?(or truly satisfied with his performance)
Defensive GA/DBs Justice Seales is headed to JMU:

Reaction Score
For what position? A lateral?
I haven’t seen the actual position @ JMU announced yet but Seales was on Chesney’s staff @ Holy Cross as a Defensive Analyst before coming to UConn for this year.

Reaction Score
So with it being said a DC will be hired even with no job posting yet I found that Pat Collins has recently followed the the former DC and linebackers coach at Mississippi State Matt Brock

Reaction Score
Write better contracts.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Would love to see this old friend and HS teammate on the staff someday. I doubt he and Maria would have an interest but it would be pretty cool.

I remember him. He was the UConn Football team when I was on campus. Cool dude. Solid football player too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe there hasn’t been a DC because JM wants to call the plays.
I believed that there hasn't been a DC because that made more funds available for his other coaches. I'm not sure now.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Mora's DCs over the years:

With the Falcons:
Ed Donatell (last was DC of the Vikings in 2022)

With the Seahawks:
Gus Bradley (currently DC for the Colts)

With UCLA:
Lou Spanos (currently a defensive analyst at Ole Miss)
Jeff Ulbrich (DC for the Jets)
Tom Bradley (most recently DB coach for the Steelers)

Donatell and Tom Bradley are both retirement age. Spanos is probably available, lol. Mora does have a good track record of hiring strong DCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom