Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like the staff is just not in touch with the reality of these recruiting scenarios, I honestly believe they thought this was a lock . Then, poof. Same thing happened with Sid and hami... something just isn't right.

As far as next season, I'll only write it off as an impending disaster if the injury bug strikes again. KOs got four capable guards, two wings, two power forwards , and 3 centers... that's enough to mold a rotation.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Yes, it's his job to close on these kids. Him and Ollie, no damn excuses.

Except they aren't damn excuses. They tried to get an Italian player to come and he visited one time along with 3 other places in 2 weeks. If anything I'm upset they went through such a circus.

Reaction Score
Seems like the staff is just not in touch with the reality of these recruiting scenarios, I honestly believe they thought this was a lock . Then, poof. Same thing happened with Sid and hami... something just isn't right.

As far as next season, I'll only write it off as an impending disaster if the injury bug strikes again. KOs got four capable guards, two wings, two power forwards , and 3 centers... that's enough to mold a rotation.
Just try not to think of the season after next, you might vomit all over yourself.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Except they aren't damn excuses. They tried to get an Italian player to come and he visited one time along with 3 other places in 2 weeks. If anything I'm upset they went through such a circus.
They have to put themselves through it because of the mess they've made.

Reaction Score
Oops a recruit person, a seventeen or something year old person, has decided to attend a different college. A person. What gall!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
no Geno is why he went to TT, over the Good Guys. What else could it be Head bang

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He still must thing Bobby Knight is the Head Coach - language barrier

He must of loved their proposed course schedule:

Italian 101
Italian 201
Italian Cooking
Film Study - Pier Pasolini
African Studies
Electives:
tractor pulling
cattle roping
branding
six gun drawing

Reaction Score
I am out of adjectives to describe how bad things are with this program. I get recruiting is fluid, but we are missing now on guys we have no busy losing. And stop with this conference being the reason..............it hasn't stopped Cincy and SMU. Instead, this is a UConn problem. A serious one that if it goes on much longer will cause irreparable damage.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thats crap. Theyre texas tech and where UConn!! You dont choose tech over UConn, ita unacceptable. Indiana? Sure. Utah? Ehh i can get over it. Texas tech?!?!?!?!? Thats embarassing. Im kinda hoping no one outside of storrs even knows this happened. With every embarrassing recruiting loss its getting tougher and tougher to recover
Serious question: how old are you? Fwiw, I'm 63. You remind me of myself as a teenager.

Reaction Score
People on this board must remember that Uconn is (still functioning as) a university. Because we recruited him does not mean that he was, in the end, linguistically qualified to pursue a degree in English. My daughter who is fluent in French as a HS grad, found it extremely difficult to perform at a high level at a major French Univ for a long time. How many here can take their 3 or 4 years of French/Spanish to the Univ of Madrid and compete at a high level? A language is a lot more than just speaking with friends. My point. Tex Tec might be the best match for th guy! Plus, not every player (foreign or domestic) really wants an educ. They want a jumpting-off point into the NBA. Just saying.

Reaction Score
LOL Texas Tech a trampoline for the NBA. I will reiterate that Chillious's former employer the West Coast Huskies got top talent last 5 years with losing records yearly in the PAC 12 because they got players to the NBA which is what matters most to these kids. Being in a Power conference helps as well, which if you're not can only be mitigated by WINNING like Gonzaga, Wichita St.

Our problem is pretty clear and it is three-fold.

1.) Not producing any NBA players since Bazz

2.) Not winning and dominating in the AAC.

3.) Questions about Ollie

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
r-r-r-r-r-r-ringa!!!!

Moretti: "Ciao?"

Chillious: "Hey Davide, my man!! It's coach Chillious up here at Wash...err...UConn!"

Moretti: "Oh, ciao!!"

Chillious: "Yeah, I thought what better way to start a weekend than to hear my main anchovy is getting on da boat!! So, like, you coming to UConn?"

Moretti: "Um, no sir. I'ma going to Texas. Errr...Techa. Texas Techa."

Chillious: "Wha'???"

Moretti: "I'ma sorry, you. But thank you for callinga." clicka

Chillious: [stares at chef's knife in nearby butcher block. Just stares.]

4 hours later...

Chillious: {still staring but now the knife is on the counter]

3 hours later...

A tear flows from Chillious' left eye.
If cultural stereotyping isn't avoidable, and it isn't, then this deserves a Like.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm just spit balling here but it could possibly be:

c3663ed014bb9ab3d1e04170c57a57f2.jpg

DM: Che bella!
Nice-a TTs.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
There are currently 0 players in the NBA from Texas Tech and the last player drafted from TTU was Andre Emmett in 2004 who lasted 2 seasons.

The kid stated in multiple interviews that one of his main requirements was conference. This is really not a shocking decision that he went P5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom