Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's not the loss that changes our season. But he would've been a nice final piece to the class. Tech was probably the only place he could go and get 20+ minutes right off the bat. Our guards aren't the issue, let's hope either one of the new bigs is a lowkey stud, or we have one more big prospect coming in. We can win with Adams Gilbert Vital and Anderson next year.

Reaction Score
I continue to be impressed at the ability of some here to rationalize utter failure.

The bill for this disaster of a year will come due in 2018/2019.
Yep, there is no way to sugarcoat this off season. It has been pretty much a complete disaster. I feel bad for JA that we haven't been able get the needed help to alleviate the burden he is going to have to carry. Hopefully TL and AG are fully healthy or it could get ugly fast with out schedule.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I continue to be impressed at the ability of some here to rationalize utter failure.

The bill for this disaster of a year will come due in 2018/2019.

Again, we only believed we were the leaders because people on this board told us he was. What he wanted from a school did not align with our current situation. In a regular offseason this is a non-issue. And even in this offseason with our guard depth it's still not. If we get Samir Doughty people forget about this guy quickly. Plus we still have to wonder about Jarreau/Grisham.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
r-r-r-r-r-r-ringa!!!!

Moretti: "Ciao?"

Chillious: "Hey Davide, my man!! It's coach Chillious up here at Wash...err...UCONN!"

Moretti: "Oh, ciao!!"

Chillious: "Yeah, I thought what better way to start a weekend than to hear my main anchovy is getting on da boat!! So, like, you coming to UCONN?"

Moretti: "Um, no sir. I'ma going to Texas. Errr...Techa. Texas Techa."

Chillious: "Wha'???"

Moretti: "I'ma sorry, you. But thank you for callinga." clicka

Chillious: [stares at chef's knife in nearby butcher block. Just stares.]

4 hours later...

Chillious: {still staring but now the knife is on the counter]

3 hours later...

A tear flows from Chillious' left eye.

Reaction Score
Did we fall victim to the Big 12 >> AAC pitch/sentiment? Kid mentioned in one of his interviews that he values a strong conference, so I wonder if that pitch was made to him strong.

Reaction Score
Anyone else we can go after for 2017 so they can rip our hearts out.....maybe we should try Spain next.

Ciao Davide, thanks for stopping by....hope you enjoyed the meal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am glad I enjoyed my linguine con le vongole, last night.

These kids are looking to get in the NBA and they and/or their parents overestimate their readiness. They seem to think all they need is a showcase, not a crucible to prove and improve themselves in. From MAL on, including the departed guard on the team in 2016-2017 - kids know KO is going to give the big minutes to Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert. If you think you are going to be a 3 or 4 star one and done, you are not going to stand in a line where those guys are already in the queue. That makes Christian Vital special, because he is betting on himself to be the star his senior year and he will put in the work to prove and improve and with help to make him become his optimum self. But for the more common kid, they weren't coming this year, unless Jalen was in the draft.

At UConn, Davide could have found himself as 4th or 5th guard. So, he chose a pool where he is the biggest fish.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The only place in the world where UConn's backcourt is considered such a fearsome unit is this board.

Even the coaches don't seem quite so convinced given that they've recruited point guards all spring.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
IMG_2680.JPG

Again!!!!!

Reaction Score
See insider thread for my take.

Still throw stones as you like, but never claimed done deal.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I recall many people on the board telling others to relax after the post-season exodus because Chillious was coming in to save the day. He can start anytime now.

BTW our insiders can only report what they hear. Not their fault people think Jay Z will be sitting court side.

Reaction Score
Guys its about playing time. Its not that we can't close. We already have 4 guards for next year. Why would he come and play 10 min or so a game in the AAC when he can get starter minutes for texas tech. He simply took the team where there was more playing time available. He has a chance to start with Evans.

Texas Tech returns their 2 starting guards. It's not enough more playing time to rationalize picking them over UConn. Staff needed to close this one.

Reaction Score
The only place in the world where UConn's backcourt is considered such a fearsome unit is this board.

Even the coaches don't seem quite so convinced given that they've recruited point guards all spring.

Surely this is because Adams is gone. Then you're left with one guy that can handle the ball. As I've been saying all year, Shabazz passed the baton to who? Terence Samuel?

UConn used to always have incoming guards to pick up the slack from the one PG on the team. If UConn doesn't land Jalen Carey or another top PG next year, it is in serious trouble.

Personally I am not concerned about Jalen Adams. Alterique's injury is concerning, but otherwise UConn does have 2 very good ballhandlers. I don't think this board should be blamed for liking those 2 kids.

Reaction Score
Maybe a kid from Italy just didn't feel comfortable about how he'd fit in with the team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At this point if we dont have a good yr next yr our recruiting will never recover. I mean 1 bad yr turned us into depaul. 2 bad yrs??? We'll be north dakota st..
Holy s.

You know it's getting bad when AntG is reduced to these levels of dopamine concentrations.

Reaction Score
Times like this allow for no excuses for men to make fun of women who watch the Kardashians, and get into it way too much. Look, it's fine to follow the sport as a fan, but it's really not a healthy thing to let so much as a season's recruiting class determine your day. As somebody above put it (roughly) - "you're complaining about not landing a guy you didn't know existed two weeks ago." And, kudos to the person who pointed that out. This board really isn't healthy in the summer. I'll probably be off here for awhile, but I am considering doing a boneyard clambake this summer, if I get people to help out (I can get 80 clams - I'd like others to help with other stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Questo mi rende molto triste e arrabbiato.
Tell me about it. I blame the who made the Whatsamatta U crack. Thanks jack wipe you cost us a recruit!

Reaction Score
I don't know what some of you are talking about, our back court is a big problem for anyone to handle next year. Will that translate into team wins....not sure. If no studs are ready to committ in 2018....THEN we have a problem. Not yet. Who knows Adams might be ready to make that Junior year leap that so many past Uconn players have made.

Reaction Score

Jalen Adams is an All-American candidate. Gilbert is a high school McDonald's All American point guard. At the very least Vital and Anderson's stats show they'll be a nice 3rd and 4th guard off the bench. Since he took over as coach in 2012 Ollie has shown propensity to recruit guards over big men. Who cares if any program or fanbase "fears" our backcourt the important thing is we know they have a lot of talent. So we missed on some skinny Italian scrub who's going to Texas Tech...next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom