Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point if we dont have a good yr next yr our recruiting will never recover. I mean 1 bad yr turned us into depaul. 2 bad yrs??? We'll be north dakota st..
Yes and I just don't see next year being that great with our current makeup. If we could get one more decent guard I would feel better. Aren't there some more white kids that can shoot the ball still around? LOL!

Reaction Score
Guys its about playing time. Its not that we can't close. We already have 4 guards for next year. Why would he come and play 10 min or so a game in the AAC when he can get starter minutes for texas tech. He simply took the team where there was more playing time available. He has a chance to start with Evans.

Reaction Score
Nobody else has reported it besides that twitter page

Reaction Score
Yes and I just don't see next year being that great with our current makeup. If we could get one more decent guard I would feel better. Aren't there some more white kids that can shoot the ball still around? LOL!
I hope your wrong, but im not as optimistic as i used to be. I still have faith in Adams, rique, terry, and cv as telents. But there is a dark cloud over storrs and im afraid something will go terribly wrong as it has continually for the past yr

Reaction Score
Just another strike out...

Haven't won a recruiting battle in a long time...

I know a lot of you thought I was too hard on Chill, but he hasn't shown anything positive since he got here...

Hopefully he & KO can turn this thing around as far as recruiting...

Reaction Score
Guys its about playing time. Its not that we can't close. We already have 4 guards for next year. Why would he come and play 10 min or so a game in the AAC when he can get starter minutes for texas tech. He simply took the team where there was more playing time available. He has a chance to start with Evans.
Thats crap. Theyre texas tech and where UConn!! You dont choose tech over UConn, ita unacceptable. Indiana? Sure. Utah? Ehh i can get over it. Texas tech?!?!?!?!? Thats embarassing. Im kinda hoping no one outside of storrs even knows this happened. With every embarrassing recruiting loss its getting tougher and tougher to recover

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I've tried to be positive all along. But with this pos (yes - that is what it is) recruiting class and nothing (go ahead and smoke what you want about reddish - ain't happening) at all lined up for next year, we are Adams and Larrier leaving away from being a joke. Like rutgersesque joke. I've had far too much to drink today but I don't think sobriety will change my thoughts tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Two things 1) it makes sense considering we have four really good guards and 2) can you "insiders" please stfu thanks

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Good look for our insiders. Isn't TTU the place he saw them lose a baseball game? Nice.

This would have been nice but not essential to the season. Grab a transfer instead.

Reaction Score
giphy (1).gif

I thought we were in good shape .....when was the last time an "insider" got one right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any other decent guard recruits or transfers that we are linked to? I really want us to play a small lineup but without another guard I don't see the depth there. I know we have the VCU guy coming in but he isn't eligible next year. I guess bad baggage or whatever we can't be choosy now. LOL!
This is a really big loss. I've been trying to be more hopeful and positive since the Chillious and Carlos Daniels hires but there is just so much bad stuff I've heard about behind the scenes that it takes a certain suspension of disbelief to think we can turn this around quickly or turn it around at all. I was really excited about this kid and there is no way we should have lost him, it's incredibly deflating.

Reaction Score
^^ Someone tell me if that's inappropriate I don't want to get banned.

Reaction Score
I'm sure playing time had something to do with his choice. We have a lot of guards. I was hoping we were selling the 3 guard offense and Moretti's ability to play the 1-3 with Larrier at 4. I guess it didn't work. We also don't know how these four schools got on his list and who he may have known associated with each either. He may have a strong link that got him to TTU.

Reaction Score
That may actually be the case here, but the list of excuses for this coaching staff is turning into a novel.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Thats crap. Theyre texas tech and where UConn!! You dont choose tech over UConn, ita unacceptable. Indiana? Sure. Utah? Ehh i can get over it. Texas tech?!?!?!?!? Thats embarassing. Im kinda hoping no one outside of storrs even knows this happened. With every embarrassing recruiting loss its getting tougher and tougher to recover

Can you please stop? You probably didn't know this guy existed until two weeks ago. Now it's a crisis for the program?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
That may actually be the case here, but the list of excuses for this coaching staff is turning into a novel.

He made it clear conference was a big deal. You can knock him for not closing if you want, but everything that was said by Moretti shouldn't have let you to believe we were a good fit. It was the insiders saying we were in good shape and in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom