Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That's a false statement. I think damn near everyone, to a man, acknowledges there are problems right now. Some people see some solutions. Most people are in wait-and-see mode atm. We've no other choice.

There are very, very few Pollyanna's on here. I mean, there are always gonna be some, you just gotta accept that.

Also, at times, I think people mistake 'explanations' for 'excuses'. Explanations are fine, as it describes what happened in the past, and offers you a 'map' of what you need to change.

jmo

I perceive the pulse of the board a bit different then. There's been a handful of people that are very upset with the direction the program is headed and think it falls on Ollie, but whenever me or someone mentions it you get the Pollyanna crowd jumping down their throats.

We're absolutely tanking the program at the moment and it's just frustrating that some refuse to acknowledge it and actually find a way to grasp at straws and defend the indefensible.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I perceive the pulse of the board a bit different then. There's been a handful of people that are very upset with the direction the program is headed and think it falls on Ollie, but whenever me or someone mentions it you get the Pollyanna crowd jumping down their throats.

We're absolutely tanking the program at the moment and it's just frustrating that some refuse to acknowledge it and actually find a way to grasp at straws and defend the indefensible.
Men's basket ball is either broken or it's not and in either case we'll either be better or we won't but what people think or believe on a basketball message board will not matter in any way, so why is it frustrating what people on here acknowledge? There are lots of things in life to get frustrated with. A message board for a college basketball team shouldn't be one of them.

InternetWrong.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Men's basket ball is either broken or it's not and in either case we'll either be better or we won't but what people think or believe on a basketball message board will not matter in any way, so why is it frustrating what people on here acknowledge? There are lots of things in life to get frustrated with. A message board for a college basketball team shouldn't be one of them.

View attachment 22798

Oh great another member of the "OMG if you guys get so upset about this I can't imagine how you are in real life" crowd.

People are able to separate real life, from a UConn basketball message board. We all know this, correct?

Reaction Score
How about the people on this board that constantly make excuses for the program to come back to reality?

Blah blah blah sanctions, blah blah Calhoun's record after 3 seasons, Coach Ks record at Army, ten toes in, blah blah blah.

Cut the crap, the program is failing massively on the court and off the court. Half the fanbase on here truly thinks there isn't a problem and people are just being "negative".
Obviously I can't speak for everybody, but I can speak for myself. Obviously there's problems, obviously there's concerns and things KO can improve on, obviously our kids leaving and not wanting to come here sucks, obviously being stuck in the AAC is less than ideal. But what exactly am I supposed to do about it, because complaining on here doesn't achieve anything.

Regardless of how I feel about KO, he's the coach here and I'll support him until the day that's no longer true. And then I'll support him in his next stop because he's a UConn guy. It sure would be nice to have a team of 13 big recruits who are all great players, but that hasn't happened so I'll root for what we have.

We all know this situation is terrible, everyone just chooses to rationalize and deal with it in different ways. For some (lately many) the constant negativity works. For others like me I'll try to find the positives. We have 11 guys who want to play for UConn next year so let's root for them every game and see what happens. Part of being a fan is the highs and lows. Whether it's a year from now or 5 years from now we'll be back, and we can laugh about all the lows. Until then you do you and I'll do me, we'll all survive this offseason somehow

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How about the people on this board that constantly make excuses for the program to come back to reality?

Blah blah blah sanctions, blah blah Calhoun's record after 3 seasons, Coach Ks record at Army, ten toes in, blah blah blah.

Cut the crap, the program is failing massively on the court and off the court. Half the fanbase on here truly thinks there isn't a problem and people are just being "negative".
Name six posters who don't think serious problems have been revealed (leaving aside what we've seen on the court in recent years).
Name anyone who doesn't think there are demonstrable efforts to address multiple problems.
Now name the half who think those efforts have borne great fruit thus far.
Sizeable numbers differ on whether things will work out well or not in the coming season, the next two years, in a decade, or in the long term. I certainly don't know, but I have significant concerns...and a life.

Seriously, get some fresh air, have an , get someone to give you a colonic, something.

Repeated whining will shorten your life span and enjoyment within it. You'll get your answers after the leaves fall. Don't worry about getting the jump on others in being right when you can be happy.

Btw, I only felt it was fair to reveal my age when asking @AntG168 his age. What's yours?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope your wrong, but im not as optimistic as i used to be. I still have faith in Adams, rique, terry, and cv as telents. But there is a dark cloud over storrs and im afraid something will go terribly wrong as it has continually for the past yr

Look who finally woke up.

Reaction Score

You do what you have to do. The pollyanna crap is the biggest BS I've ever seemn on this board. Most here you prefer to be pollyanna know there are damn issues but why whine like little girls about every failure? It's ridiculous what some of you get off on.

Sick of it find another team all of you NON-polyanna's. I elect to be the same guy I was and hope KO turns it around and then I will call every one of you out name by damn name. If he doesn't you can pollyanna me to death but for now all of you beating the dead horse is the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen. There's never an excuse except "we suck, KO blows, we had an awful year don't care about the injuries he's now an idiot in the lckeroom, he can't coach, Chiilious can't close.."

Bunch of fools on here its damn sickening. If they start winning are all of you going to stay away and say "damn this didn't work out the way I wanted it to.."?????

Just win and they will win some battles in the recruiting game. If the don't then Benedict will change things, until then can many of you relax just a little!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh great another member of the "OMG if you guys get so upset about this I can't imagine how you are in real life" crowd.

People are able to separate real life, from a UConn basketball message board. We all know this, correct?

We've been posting together for a long time, so don't take this post too harshly. But you were asked how we should proceed over four hours ago. In that time, you've posted 4 more times in this thread, and none seem to address how we proceed.

This is the type of thing that a "Pollyanna" like myself can no longer take. I am supposed to wake up as you might say. But wake up to do what exactly? I'm not sure that you even know at this point.

Here's what I've woken up to do. I'm going to root like hell for my Huskies. I'm going to welcome new additions to the team without qualifying them or harping on what they can't do. I'm going to try to make this place as welcoming as possible both for future recruits and for future fans.

That's what's in my control do to, whether it irritates folks or not. That's how I'm going to make the situation better. What've you got?

Reaction Score
We've been posting together for a long time, so don't take this post too harshly. But you were asked how we should proceed over four hours ago. In that time, you've posted 4 more times in this thread, and none seem to address how we proceed.

This is the type of thing that a "Pollyanna" like myself can no longer take. I am supposed to wake up as you might say. But wake up to do what exactly? I'm not sure that you even know at this point.

Here's what I've woken up to do. I'm going to root like hell for my Huskies. I'm going to welcome new additions to the team without qualifying them or harping on what they can't do. I'm going to try to make this place as welcoming as possible both for future recruits and for future fans.

That's what's in my control do to, whether it irritates folks or not. That's how I'm going to make the situation better. What've you got?

Imagine that you pollyanna, that's not the way you should do things UD97 - you should wake up and come to the board and post "Damn we suck"

LOL, nice post!!;)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You do what you have to do. The pollyanna crap is the biggest BS I've ever seemn on this board. Most here you prefer to be pollyanna know there are damn issues but why whine like little girls about every failure? It's ridiculous what some of you get off on.

Sick of it find another team all of you NON-polyanna's. I elect to be the same guy I was and hope KO turns it around and then I will call every one of you out name by damn name. If he doesn't you can pollyanna me to death but for now all of you beating the dead horse is the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen. There's never an excuse except "we suck, KO blows, we had an awful year don't care about the injuries he's now an idiot in the lckeroom, he can't coach, Chiilious can't close.."

Bunch of fools on here its damn sickening. If they start winning are all of you going to stay away and say "damn this didn't work out the way I wanted it to.."?????

Just win and they will win some battles in the recruiting game. If the don't then Benedict will change things, until then can many of you relax just a little!
@Hans Sprungfeld

Reaction Score

View attachment 22798
It's pretty annoying when I've been told over and over again that I'm not a "real" UConn fan because I've been brutally honest about what's going on with our basketball team. I've been told I hate Ollie (couldn't be further from the truth) and all other sorts of nonsense because I've never pretended things are fine when I know they aren't. Some seem to be figuring out their pollyanna/ostrich approach is nonsensical while others will hold on to that no matter what and never run out of excuses for why the man paid over 3 million per year can't get the job done.

I'm fine with being called all sorts of names but when it's insults saying I'm a bad fan and hate our coach it angers me, it's the exact opposite of being a bad fan.

Reaction Score

You

You call life long UConn fans who are frustrated with the direction on a once proud program names but the man being paid $3,000,000 + to coach this mess is defended by you. Who's the fool?

Reaction Score
What is it exactly that the current coaching staff does well?

Recruiting? Player development? In game coaching? I am honestly not seeing them excel in any area.
You

You call life long UConn fans who are frustrated with the direction on a once proud program names but the man being paid $3,000,000 + to coach this mess is defended by you. Who's the fool?

I wish there was a million likes button. Slowly but surely the fool's are starting to realize what many of us saw long ago.

Diaco 2.0

Reaction Score
It's pretty annoying when I've been told over and over again that I'm not a "real" UConn fan because I've been brutally honest about what's going on with our basketball team. I've been told I hate Ollie (couldn't be further from the truth) and all other sorts of nonsense because I've never pretended things are fine when I know they aren't. Some seem to be figuring out their pollyanna/ostrich approach is nonsensical while others will hold on to that no matter what and never run out of excuses for why the man paid over 3 million per year can't get the job done.

I'm fine with being called all sorts of names but when it's insults saying I'm a bad fan and hate our coach it angers me, it's the exact opposite of being a bad fan.

Here's the deal SJ, I don't see anyone saying you or the others aren't real fans? I s this something you are making up in your head? You can go at it any way you want and we can too. But again your need to use "pollyanna" is childish at this point, it's that simple. We just elect to wait and see rather than pounding the staff and the program into oblivion with pessimistic and consistent crap. I know there's an issue and there's only one way out and it can't happen today.

But feel free to keep mentioning pollyanna's and ostriches (funny stuff and ignorant) all over, no one is either they just view things a bit different than you while going through these times. (Thank God)

Reaction Score
You

YOU, I'm a life long fan too your view of thins and the way you elect to see them is better? You're not just a fool your an ignorant one. I could care less how you view them, but don't call others pollyanna its BS.

Be proud bass is liking you, that has to make you feel great :eek:

Reaction Score
Here's the deal SJ, I don't see anyone saying you or the others aren't real fans? I s this something you are making up in your head? You can go at it any way you want and we can too. But again your need to use "pollyanna" is childish at this point, it's that simple. We just elect to wait and see rather than pounding the staff and the program into oblivion with pessimistic and consistent crap. I know there's an issue and there's only one way out and it can't happen today.

But feel free to keep mentioning pollyanna's and ostriches (funny stuff and ignorant) all over, no one is either they just view things a bit different than you while going through these times. (Thank God)
I've been told I'm not a "real" fan for the past 6+ months on this message board. Some more people seem to be figuring out what I've been harping on for the past year but there is still the "you're not a real fan, you hate Ollie, you just love being negative" crowd. Now I'm getting accused of making things up and you're melting over being called a pollyanna fan, give me a break.

I've been consistent with what I've been saying for the past 6+ months. Many are late to the party but not bullheaded enough to continue pretending things are fine or any problems are just things beyond Ollie's control that have us in the position we're in.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Italian guy picks warmer weather and hotter women? Color me shocked.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

And that matters to you why CBH? No one is happy with the teams performance last year but constantly droning on about it (and I'm not aiming this at you) helps how?

Reaction Score
So much doom. This guy, who none of us knew existed a month ago, picked another college to attend. I stand in stunned disbelief. I only wish I was smart enough to understand that this moment will eventually be the unraveling of everything Husky I have ever believed in.

Reaction Score
And that matters to you why CBH? No one is happy with the teams performance last year but constantly droning on about it (and I'm not aiming this at you) helps how?
Droning on about our problems won't fix anything but niether will being positive, pretending our players are better than they are, we are going to be awesome next year because we have "real" UConn players etc. I find that blowing smoke serves no purpose, I always choose honesty over baseless optimism.

Good thing is I think our AD is grounded in reality and doesn't think things will be fine just because he wants them to be.

Reaction Score
So much doom. This guy, who none of us knew existed a month ago, picked another college to attend. I stand in stunned disbelief. I only wish I was smart enough to understand that this moment will eventually be the unraveling of everything Husky I have ever believed in.
Yep, that's it. It's just about Moretti, not that half our rotational players transferred and with all that available playing time we've cobbled together our worst recruiting class in memory.

Reaction Score

You are the good type of pollyanna. I don't know what that word really means, but I would be shocked if you bothered anyone. There are ways to handle yourself, regardless of your outlook on the team. The key here is, just don't be a douce. There is a real way to be a super annoying "pollyanna" and a bunch of people have that covered, as well as a bunch of pessimistic folks who are even more annoying. Don't repeat your same exact negative take every day on the board, and on the other hand, don't attack and mock people for having a pessimistic opinion of our current situation.

Reaction Score
The only way to silence critics or realists is to win. Once we see a winning product that is nationally relevant and recognized again these debates will end.

PS: No one is truly upset that we lost Moretti. We are upset by the fact that we have not been good and are losing players to programs we have no business losing them to and despite having a top 10 recruiting class 12-15 months ago, today with 3 "great" recruiters we can't close on our 3rd and 4th options.

Reaction Score
What happened to this Board. The constant whining has become Sickening. Count me in as one of Pollyanna's because I REFUSE to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. I am ALL IN on UConn Basketball and I am rooting for Ollie to turn things around. I will always continue to support our basketball team with 10 Toes In...

Constantly bashing Ollie, Assistant Coaches, the conference etc. is not going to change anything (bashing the conference I kinda understand LOL). All it does is create this doom and gloom atmosphere on this board.

A few recruits transferred; that issue seems like it is being addressed (coaching changes etc). We missed out on a few recruits including this Italian kid that no one knew existed a few weeks ago. It is not the end of the world folks. I have never seen whining fix a problem in my life.

Pick a side. Either you are All IN or All Out.

I am ALL IN....Bash away, but I am not changing sides.

I will now go back to being a spectator on this board and a Real Fan in Real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom