Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People on this board must remember that UConn is (still functioning as) a university. Because we recruited him does not mean that he was, in the end, linguistically qualified to pursue a degree in English. My daughter who is fluent in French as a HS grad, found it extremely difficult to perform at a high level at a major French Univ for a long time. How many here can take their 3 or 4 years of French/Spanish to the Univ of Madrid and compete at a high level? A language is a lot more than just speaking with friends. My point. Tex Tec might be the best match for th guy! Plus, not every player (foreign or domestic) really wants an educ. They want a jumpting-off point into the NBA. Just saying.
Please don't try to be rational. The world is ending and it is all about us.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sei pistole

upload_2017-6-11_10-3-43.png

Reaction Score
The real sad thing is according to insidethehall.com.......Indiana didn't even offer the kid

Reaction Score
The kid stated in multiple interviews that one of his main requirements was conference. This is really not a shocking decision that he went P5.

Does he think this is Italy where there are higher divisions and lower divisions? Bet the kid is confused. And Tech schools in Europe connote something entirely different since in Italy, at age 20 you can select a technical university, which is basically sciences.

This kid sees Texas and thinks, TEXAS!! and even better, it is a Tech!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To recap:
Two guys that sucked under Ollie, showed enough promise that ND and Louisville saw enough talent to bring them into their programs.

We just lost three recruiting battles in a row to St. John's, LSU and Texas Tech respectively.

Wake up people.

pj

Reaction Score
To recap:
Two guys that sucked under Ollie, showed enough promise that ND and Louisville saw enough talent to bring them into their programs.

We just lost three recruiting battles in a row to St. John's, LSU and Texas Tech respectively.

Wake up people.

And after we're awake, what do you propose we do? Drink?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
To recap:

Wake up people.

It's a combination of Ollie and conference. The conference wouldn't be as big of a deal if Ollies teams were dominant and making tournament runs.they need to focus on developing the recruits they are landing and win with them. Recruits notice these things.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
To recap:

Wake up people.
You forgot Cincinnati. Now, shut up, stay woke, and go play outside before you drive yourself crazy.

Reaction Score
To recap:

Wake up people.

How did UConn exactly lose out to lsu? They weren't going hard after waters and it seems both sides agreed he was better off elsewhere

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The kid stated in multiple interviews that one of his main requirements was conference. This is really not a shocking decision that he went P5.
"Whatta you mean? 'American' is not a major conference? "

Reaction Score
With every recruiting loss we seem to hit a new low. The staff needed to do a self evaluation months ago. There's a lot more to this than one bad season.

Did you happen to notice .... that the OLD legacy coaches tied to the long ago UConn culture - Andre LaFleur, Karl Hobbs, Glen Miller - are gone. None of them, imo, were recruiting studs. And we have been over this repeatedly for the last 8 years. The Chillious and Killings are notable replacements: That sir is your self-evaluation. With every Spring 2017 lost opportunity, there are tears. Seems the "constitution" of those fans of the Constitution State is .... sad. Weak.

I don't think the current situation rises above alarmed. The psychological losses of Enoch/Durham/VanJackson is huge. But the right mix of steady recruiting can bring us back to a good spot. The Chillious and Killings appearance is our first sign of hope for a return in a decent time frame. Don't sweat the Italian.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To recap:

Wake up people.

I think everybody is fully awake at this point. In your apparent expert opinion, how do we proceed?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice-a TTs.
63 eh! I wonder what you'll be like when you reach 69.

Moretti most likely grew up watching spaghetti Westerns. That's the only plausible explanation I can come up with after reading this thread to account for the miss.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hey at least at this rate all our games will be played at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Yes fleud, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. We've had "em" all lately. screw it have a great summer. Fish, golf, drink lots of beer. 2018 and a moment of truth for Uconn........will get here soon enough.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think everybody is fully awake at this point. In your apparent expert opinion, how do we proceed?

How about the people on this board that constantly make excuses for the program to come back to reality?

Blah blah blah sanctions, blah blah Calhoun's record after 3 seasons, Coach Ks record at Army, ten toes in, blah blah blah.

Cut the crap, the program is failing massively on the court and off the court. Half the fanbase on here truly thinks there isn't a problem and people are just being "negative".

Reaction Score
CCSU Talek Williams won the Allen Iverson dunk competition as well he's nasty

Reaction Score
I heard it was the baseball game that swayed him. Turns out Italians love the game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cut the crap, the program is failing massively on the court and off the court. Half the fanbase on here truly thinks there isn't a problem and people are just being "negative".

That's a false statement. I think damn near everyone, to a man, acknowledges there are problems right now. Some people see some solutions. Most people are in wait-and-see mode atm. We've no other choice.

There are very, very few Pollyanna's on here. I mean, there are always gonna be some, you just gotta accept that.

Also, at times, I think people mistake 'explanations' for 'excuses'. Explanations are fine, as it describes what happened in the past, and offers you a 'map' of what you need to change.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson