Davide Moretti to Texas Tech | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Droning on about our problems won't fix anything but niether will being positive, pretending our players are better than they are, we are going to be awesome next year because we have "real" UConn players etc. I find that blowing smoke serves no purpose, I always choose honesty over baseless optimism.

Good thing is I think our AD is grounded in reality and doesn't think things will be fine just because he wants them to be.
But this is exactly what I mean, your negativity is as effective as my positivity. Neither of them make a difference. So I don't see the problem with me continuing to be positive and you continuing to be negative so that we both get through the down period

Reaction Score
What happened to this Board. The constant whining has become Sickening. Count me in as one of Pollyanna's because I REFUSE to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. I am ALL IN on UConn Basketball and I am rooting for Ollie to turn things around. I will always continue to support our basketball team with 10 Toes In...

Constantly bashing Ollie, Assistant Coaches, the conference etc. is not going to change anything (bashing the conference I kinda understand LOL). All it does is create this doom and gloom atmosphere on this board.

A few recruits transferred; that issue seems like it is being addressed (coaching changes etc). We missed out on a few recruits including this Italian kid that no one knew existed a few weeks ago. It is not the end of the world folks. I have never seen whining fix a problem in my life.

Pick a side. Either you are All IN or All Out.

I am ALL IN....Bash away, but I am not changing sides.

I will now go back to being a spectator on this board and a Real Fan in Real life.
blow me. you don't get to decide who is "all in/out"(or who is a Real Fan™) and who isn't. Maybe if our coach was all in we would be fielding better teams.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Droning on about our problems won't fix anything but niether will being positive, pretending our players are better than they are, we are going to be awesome next year because we have "real" UConn players etc. I find that blowing smoke serves no purpose, I always choose honesty over baseless optimism.

Good thing is I think our AD is grounded in reality and doesn't think things will be fine just because he wants them to be.
You understand that you don't actually run the team, right? I'm a little worried about you.

I guess that it is matter of personal preference. I'd rather talk about the potential of the kids we have for the next four months instead of crying about the kids we've lost.

Reaction Score
Look at Sterling Gibbs and Shannon Miller. They were veteran transfers here last yr. They love the program and Ollie. What did Ollie do differently in the past 12mths. Maybe it's the kids, one had an overbearing father who thought his son should run the team as a freshman. One refuse to work or study game film. One thought the biggest issue is coaching and not his insanely slow footwork or lack of instincts. I have been a manager for yrs. I know to trust the judgement of a mature college graduate then a disgruntled freshman. Ollie did not do a good job this yr, I agreed. The team will be much better next yr

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Did someone bring him Little Caesars pizza instead of Frank Pepe's?

Reaction Score
You understand that you don't actually run the team, right? I'm a little worried about you.

I guess that it is matter of personal preference. I'd rather talk about the potential of the kids we have that cry about the kids we've lost for the next four months.
No but I do know enough of what's going on to know Ollie has made a huge mess of things the past couple of years. I hope he can turn it around but that continues to seem less likely.

My preference will never be to stick my thumbs in my ears because I don't like what I'm hearing.

CL82

Reaction Score
No but I do know enough of what's going on to know Ollie has made a huge mess of things the past couple of years. I hope he can turn it around but that continues to seem less likely.

My preference will never be to stick my thumbs in my ears because I don't like what I'm hearing.
My preference isn't complain endlessly about things over which I have no control.

But I do get your frustration SJ.

Reaction Score
What happened to this Board. The constant whining has become Sickening. Count me in as one of Pollyanna's because I REFUSE to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of trouble. I am ALL IN on UConn Basketball and I am rooting for Ollie to turn things around. I will always continue to support our basketball team with 10 Toes In...

Constantly bashing Ollie, Assistant Coaches, the conference etc. is not going to change anything (bashing the conference I kinda understand LOL). All it does is create this doom and gloom atmosphere on this board.

A few recruits transferred; that issue seems like it is being addressed (coaching changes etc). We missed out on a few recruits including this Italian kid that no one knew existed a few weeks ago. It is not the end of the world folks. I have never seen whining fix a problem in my life.

Pick a side. Either you are All IN or All Out.

I am ALL IN....Bash away, but I am not changing sides.

I will now go back to being a spectator on this board and a Real Fan in Real life.
If you think this is the first sign of trouble, you haven't been paying attention.

Reaction Score
All I can assume s that Geno and his mom's cooking were not involved.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yikes, you're talking about Lubbock.

Maybe part of what gets lost in translation.

"Texas for college" has a general connotation of busty and leggy Austin coeds.

It's probably not like that at every school in Texas, just a hunch.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Look at Sterling Gibbs and Shannon Miller. They were veteran transfers here last yr. They love the program and Ollie. What did Ollie do differently in the past 12mths. Maybe it's the kids, one had an overbearing father who thought his son should run the team as a freshman. One refuse to work or study game film. One thought the biggest issue is coaching and not his insanely slow footwork or lack of instincts. I have been a manager for yrs. I know to trust the judgement of a mature college graduate then a disgruntled freshman. Ollie did not do a good job this yr, I agreed. The team will be much better next yr
Shannon Miller wasn't much of a player for us but you can never take away that team gold medal she won at the '96 Olympics.....

Reaction Score
We took him for Italian food when all he really wanted was Steak and Shake.

CL82

Reaction Score

Yeah kind of a false choice, right? That would be like me saying "my preference will never be to sit the corner and cry."

I hear you Superjohn, I really do, but whining about it for the next 4 months is just going to make this place intolerable.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I find that blowing smoke serves no purpose, I always choose honesty over baseless optimism. .[/QUOTE]

That's the problem. Always seeing a different perspective as wrong. And now we are not honest due to a different approach.
Try letting other people be who they are and we can let you be angry.

And CHB, if we all behaved like you, how would that change things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom