Davide Moretti to Texas Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Didn't anyone tell Davide we won the title in 2014? /s

Reaction Score
Surely this is because Adams is gone. Then you're left with one guy that can handle the ball. As I've been saying all year, Shabazz passed the baton to who? Terence Samuel?

UConn used to always have incoming guards to pick up the slack from the one PG on the team. If UConn doesn't land Jalen Carey or another top PG next year, it is in serious trouble.

Personally I am not concerned about Jalen Adams. Alterique's injury is concerning, but otherwise UConn does have 2 very good ballhandlers. I don't think this board should be blamed for liking those 2 kids.

The backcourt projects to be very good. There are tons of reasons to cheap on the program right now, but that wasn't one of them.

Reaction Score
Times like this allow for no excuses for men to make fun of women who watch the Kardashians, and get into it way too much. Look, it's fine to follow the sport as a fan, but it's really not a healthy thing to let so much as a season's recruiting class determine your day. As somebody above put it (roughly) - "you're complaining about not landing a guy you didn't know existed two weeks ago." And, kudos to the person who pointed that out. This board really isn't healthy in the summer. I'll probably be off here for awhile, but I am considering doing a boneyard clambake this summer, if I get people to help out (I can get 80 clams - I'd like others to help with other stuff.
I know it's gotta be hard to believe "fans" can be fanatics, and just a wee bit passionate about their team.

Ps. But thanks for telling us how we should feel

Reaction Score
Can you please stop? You probably didn't know this guy existed until two weeks ago. Now it's a crisis for the program?
Touché i over reacted looking back. But can you blame me?? This off season has been brutal. We all just want some good news

Reaction Score
He made it clear conference was a big deal. You can knock him for not closing if you want, but everything that was said by Moretti shouldn't have let you to believe we were a good fit. It was the insiders saying we were in good shape and in the lead.
There are no insiders on this board, the fact people are dumb enough to take what someone says here about a recruit coming or not as gospel is mind boggling at this point.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I recall many people on the board telling others to relax after the post-season exodus because Chillious was coming in to save the day. He can start anytime now.

BTW our insiders can only report what they hear. Not their fault people think Jay Z will be sitting court side.

Are we really going to judge Chillious after this offseason where we contacted anyone with a pulse? Allow him 2018 to do his job before you turn on him too. That might be a bit too rational for your taste.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Times like this allow for no excuses for men to make fun of women who watch the Kardashians, and get into it way too much. Look, it's fine to follow the sport as a fan, but it's really not a healthy thing to let so much as a season's recruiting class determine your day. As somebody above put it (roughly) - "you're complaining about not landing a guy you didn't know existed two weeks ago." And, kudos to the person who pointed that out. This board really isn't healthy in the summer. I'll probably be off here for awhile, but I am considering doing a boneyard clambake this summer, if I get people to help out (I can get 80 clams - I'd like others to help with other stuff.

That was me. Like I get being upset about it but we learned about him two weeks ago and now it's done. Now suddenly our back court has issues? Vital/Adams/AG is suddenly a bad back court... huh. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Nothing is a given in recruiting right now for UCONN. That's why those that were and are happy that Glenn Miller is gone were quick to rejoice. Miller brought good players into the program.

Killings has brought nobody worth mentioning and Chillious so far is 0 for 3( Harris, Diarra 2.0, and Moretti). One terrible year should not be such a handicap for a program of our stature in recruiting. Compare Washington who didn't have this problem despite yearly having poor records in the PAC 12. The conference is a bigger problem than people realize in recruiting which can only be mitigated by winning big like Calimari used to do at Memphis. The real cure for recruiting will be winning big this year and sending Jalen Adams/Terry Larrier to the NBA via lottery.

PS: I don't know what the sales pitch being used by the staff, but it shouldn't be Mission Impossible to recruit decent players around Adams, Vital, Gilbert, and Larrier.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Thats crap. Theyre texas tech and where UConn!! You dont choose tech over UConn, ita unacceptable. Indiana? Sure. Utah? Ehh i can get over it. Texas tech?!?!?!?!? Thats embarassing. Im kinda hoping no one outside of storrs even knows this happened. With every embarrassing recruiting loss its getting tougher and tougher to recover

Just wait until he tries to find some good Italian food in Lubbock. Good luck, kid. He will rue the day. Coulda had his pick of world class Italian cuisine in CT.

Reaction Score
And the next time one of the "insiders" says something positive everyone is just going to believe them again, because that's what we want to hear, and occasionally they'll be right, and they can point to that as evidence of their insiderness.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Guys its about playing time. Its not that we can't close. We already have 4 guards for next year. Why would he come and play 10 min or so a game in the AAC when he can get starter minutes for texas tech. He simply took the team where there was more playing time available. He has a chance to start with Evans.

Some people have a hard time understanding the simple things
Thanks for trying to explain

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey Davide you know if you go to UConn they have 4 very good guards there who will all get time so while you're an excellent player 15-20 minutes best. We have 30 plus for you waiting and you will be THE 2G.

Not that tough to figure out folks.

Its seems like it is to so many Mau
Its sad

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Things so bad nobody even posted the article that the AAC is moving the basketball tourney near Witchia Frigging State.

But all the tough guys who stayed away - well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom