Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alleyne should have come in for Jackson earlier, but it's not like he lit the world on fire on offense either. Other than that, this loss doesn't bother me too much. We win this game easily if we were hitting shots at all, we just couldn't shoot today. Creighton is really good and tough to beat at home and we were inches from sending it to OT with the Hawk 3.

Reaction Score
It’s very simple now. Hurley benches jackson moving forward, or they will exit any post season tournament they are in very early.

So it’s in court Hurley to make the decision. Stay loyal to a kid that’s had 3 YEARS to improve his game, and hasn’t. Or make the move to benefit the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
Soooo the difference in the game was that god awful call where Kalk had BOTH feet in the restricted area and Sanogo should’ve had an and-one. Am I missing something here? Seemed clear as day. Regardless Sanogo still thoroughly outplayed him, but sadly got neutralized when they could just pack the paint by not guarding Andre - that has to change
The restricted arc only matters for "secondary defenders". Kalkbrenner was ruled to be the primary defender on the play.

Reaction Score
Newton was 1-4, 3 turnovers & zero rebounds....don't think he shot the ball in 2nd half. Wtf is up with him today?

Really the entire team was bad on offense today besides Sanogo.
He was played tight by their guards and when he drove there was always help defense because Scheierman was always near the rim since he was 15 feet off Jackson. I don't think individually Alleyne is significantly better than Jackson but I just feel like the offense will flow so much better with him in there instead.

Reaction Score
The only one who wanted this game was Sanogo. Maybe not wanting it enough is a stretch, so I would say the only one playing with any discipline was Sanogo.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Jackson is why we lost. He played the exact same way he played against Marquette. The barometer is Tristan Newton. He legit didn’t show upA
Baffling that anyone thinks this. Marquette did not play 15 feet of him. Rewatch the game. He did not take 11 shots against them.

Sure others didn’t show up but you give Jax a free pass because he is what he is?? McDermott wanted Jackson to shoot Shaka didn’t force him too.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why any team would bother guarding AJax, completely sag off him and leave him open and it's gonna muck up UConn's offense. I'd imagine that's going to be the gameplan for opposing teams here on out
It has been the plan and basically THE reason we have lost 7 games... Pretty simple really.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
McDermott in the first half "they're taking the shots we want them to take and if they continue to take them we'll win" Jackson 11 shots. Hurley on some other planet.

Add in Hurley playing Clingan with no shooters to pass to. Alleyne, Diarra, Jackson, nearly always on the court with him. I just don't get it.
Kills you. You could not put a worse line up out there. Clingan with all shooters please god!!!! Diarra and Jackson on the floor together is offensively a nightmare. For us.

Reaction Score
Baffling that anyone thinks this. Marquette did not play 15 feet of him. Rewatch the game. He did not take 11 shots against them.

Sure others didn’t show up but you give Jax a free pass because he is what he is?? McDermott wanted Jackson to shoot Shaka didn’t force him too.
Yea Newton took those 11 shots. Tonight? He did nothing

Reaction Score
Ajax becoming unplayable against good teams sadly....just can't have 4>5 on offense and win.

Reaction Score
Great game to watch today. Frustrating because a good win on the road was within reach. When we don't shoot it well like today, Newton has to play better. He is the key to this team's success. I love Jackson, but he played WAAAYY too many minutes in the second half. Took way too many bad shots. WHY would Karaban throw that skip pass to Jackson in the corner with 3 minutes left?? Karaban is such a smart player, he must have been kicking himself as soon as that left his hand.

If Johnson doesn't get into this game, I guess he doesn't play for the rest of the year?

Reaction Score
Even with AJax in the game we had opportunities and whiffed on all of them. We just couldn’t get over the hump. This same offense hung 90 on Marquette. We need our shot makers to take and make shots. Newton can not be as passive as he was today. When Newton is assertive those shots for Jackson aren’t there
Scheiermann can clog the lane on drives because of Andre. I agree Newton did absolutely nothing, but that was because of how they could play defense. No one drove regardless besides Adama.

Reaction Score
And we lost by 3. If Newton gives us ANYTHING we win. We can agree Jackson should’ve been benched tonight for Alleyne. But the game was still there for the taking.
Part of the reason Newton didn't give us anything is because Jackson demands 0 respect on offense and allows the other team to play 4v5. Jackson just kept shooting us into a hole because for the majority of the game, we could not get an open look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom