Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope don’t put this on Alleyne. At least he’s drawing defenders to him. They not leaving him alone.
Agree….Alleyne
That was just a cap to the game. Good stuff there.

Hurley, do you want to win, or do you want this kid to like you? Because you can’t have both at this point. Make a decision, and if you make the wrong one, be prepared for the consequences for your team.
They found a way to utilize Andre last game and blow out Marquette
Hurley killing this team playing 4 on 5 with Jackson.
That’s on Jackson taking 11 shots…last game he took 5 and the offense ran exceptionally well while Marquette sagged off him….not sure why he decided to take more shots this game.

Reaction Score
3.5 minute span? You were clearly watching a different game than everyone else on this board.
We’re getting on Jackson for the shot selection from the under 8 to the under 4 timeout right? Feel like I watched the same game?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He is like a good defensive outfielder who hits .200. You can try to justify him playing by saying he prevents runs but in the end you would replace him in a heartbeat with a guy who hits .285.

But to me the bonehead player of the game award goes to #24. 2 bad fouls. On the rebound and at the 21 second mark. Then you need court awareness on that shot.
Crazy thing is Hurley yelled at the ref for calling the fouls instead of Hawkins for reaching in 90’ away from the basket. Like stop worrying about the refs and Coach your guys man.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s decision to keep AJ in was literally the problem. Execution was poor, but that was something that we had control over.
Even with AJax in the game we had opportunities and whiffed on all of them. We just couldn’t get over the hump. This same offense hung 90 on Marquette. We need our shot makers to take and make shots. Newton can not be as passive as he was today. When Newton is assertive those shots for Jackson aren’t there

Reaction Score
McDermott in the first half "they're taking the shots we want them to take and if they continue to take them we'll win" Jackson 11 shots. Hurley on some other planet.

Add in Hurley playing Clingan with no shooters to pass to. Alleyne, Diarra, Jackson, nearly always on the court with him. I just don't get it.
Doesn’t someone from Uconn listen to the broadcast and relay the messages from the other coaching staff on what they’re thinking…not rocket science.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Jackson was horrible, Hurley should have benched him, but nobody besides Sanogo showed up either. It was a close one still, the players and Hurley need to learn from it and move on

Reaction Score
I tried to warn you that limerick nonsense was bad Mojo but no, you wouldn't listen.

Not only did you start another thread for this game, but when I first protested it and asked for it to be deleted, a mod took down my post. And I still posted again, trying to get you mouthbreathers to listen.

You all wouldn't know Mojo if it walked up and slapped your Mama. You deserve this.

Reaction Score
Yes but you didn’t mention the enchilada.

Tristen Newton.
Newton can’t drive with Kalkbrenner in the game. He knows this. He had the corner a few times and changed his mind. He wasn’t hitting from outside so he got passive. Sucks but he is a threat to score.

Reaction Score
I would love it if Hurley moved Alleyne into the lineup, and barring foul trouble, subbed Jackson, Clingan and Joey C in as a package. I think those three really complement each other and then when they come in you will have 2 of Newton/Hawkins/Karaban on the floor. Sub packages that make sense.
Please this.

If you like Jackson’s passing then why are their periods of the game when both Newton and Jackson are out.

Reaction Score
Here’s the problem.

Hurley actually did several things right. He had a good defensive plan. He helped his team stay calm and weathered the early storm.

However, his minute allocation to Jackson destroyed us. It negates all the positives.
18 offensive rebounds and 9 points to show for it. We do not have anybody on the bench that can bring instant offense key on Sanogo and Hawkins which is fairly easy when your playing 4 on 5 and you basically have no shot.

Reaction Score
Newton was 1-4, 3 turnovers & zero rebounds....don't think he shot the ball in 2nd half. Wtf is up with him today?

Really the entire team was bad on offense today besides Sanogo.

Reaction Score
We’re getting on Jackson for the shot selection from the under 8 to the under 4 timeout right? Feel like I watched the same game?
No we’re getting on Jackson for multiple blow-by drives from Scheierman, bad turnovers, horrible shots from all over the court. No, you didn’t watch the same game.

But keep saying he played fine for the other 36 minutes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
McDermott in the first half "they're taking the shots we want them to take and if they continue to take them we'll win" Jackson 11 shots. Hurley on some other planet.

Add in Hurley playing Clingan with no shooters to pass to. Alleyne, Diarra, Jackson, nearly always on the court with him. I just don't get it.
Yeah. He buried us with the second lineup and with Jackson being allowed to shoot.

Clingan should’ve played more. It’s past the point of frustration

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Creighton is good, and aside from the last 30s UConn looked pretty good overall - not their best but still as solid game. I think we're about equal as teams so losing to them at their home after beating them on ours seems reasonable.

BUT what the everloving was that "strategy" in the last 30s or so?! Ok, I would have fouled early myself but I get the strategy of hoping for a defensive stop and having ~9s left - but after Hawkins fouled and we ended up with the ball with 2.4s left the clear strategy with 1 TO is to save that for AFTER you inbound it way downfield. What were they doing??? That is all on Hurley. It's 101 basketball man.

I just don't get it.
That was Hawkins being dumb

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
No. This is dead wrong. Ajax has to make it happen. Coach gave him all the minutes he needs. Time to yank him.
I don’t mean today or anything like that. I’m talking the off-season. He knew he was going to be the guy this year and he hasn’t developed any offensive skills at all to be it. He can’t even do something as simple as go up strong. Doesn’t even attempt a midrange jumper because he’s worked on it that little! Like how do you ignore working on a midrange jumpshot to the point where you do a push shot instead.

Reaction Score
Jackson had multiple possessions today where he took an ill-advised shot or committed a turnover, and then immediately fouled on D or let someone blow right by him. He was atrocious today and Hurley just left him out there.
And we lost by 3. If Newton gives us ANYTHING we win. We can agree Jackson should’ve been benched tonight for Alleyne. But the game was still there for the taking.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Jackson is a rich man’s Kwintin Williams…I agree he belongs as our 6th man playing a max 20 minutes. I can’t believe he can be playing at that level and has no ability to drive on his man and attempt a lay up.
That’s the dumbest post I’ve ever seen and that’s a real high bar on the boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom