2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel like this Clingan "connection" is being way overstated. Is there anything beyond their mothers playing basketball together for 2 years 30 years ago? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that's going to remotely impact his decision, especially when Clingan won't even be here
The mothers not only played basketball together but they were also very close friends.

Reaction Score
The mothers not only played basketball together but they were also very close friends.
Although I think Flagg is Dukes to lose, he definitely gives UConn a look. If by some miracle an official visit occurs, then all bets are off. I mean Hurley can really then pull out all the stops, meet JC, shooting baskets in Gampel with DC, even get Geno and the girls team involved. Just because his mom is moving to Florida doesn’t mean they’re cutting ties with Maine and the rest of the northeast.

Reaction Score
Uconn is free rolling here. If they get him great, if not they will get a great haul of other players. Probably goes to duke, but if uconn gets a visit they have a shot. Don’t sweat it, free rolling
An official visit = “In Hurley we trust”.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not to thrilled about one and done guys if indeed he is a one and done. Prefer the two, three and four year guys to build team continuity and thus more NC's. But as was said "in Hurley we trust"

Reaction Score
Seems mom is a little too involved with her son's recruitment.
I didn't let coaches talk to my kid. I gave the coaches my number and let them go to voice mail and then passed the info to my kid to call them. Parents need to screen their kids a bit so they don't get overwhelmed with calls, texts and emails. They are kids and students. Good for his Mom.

Reaction Score
I didn't let coaches talk to my kid. I gave the coaches my number and let them go to voice mail and then passed the info to my kid to call them. Parents need to screen their kids a bit so they don't get overwhelmed with calls, texts and emails. They are kids and students. Good for his Mom.
Ok she was giving me the Ball's father vibes with what she was saying. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t really matter he’s going to be a one and done player. He most likely will go top 5 in the nba draft and make tons of $$$. Who ever lands him will most likely get him for one year. If he’s as amazing as everyone says and is the next phenom he’s gone after one year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Didn't she play college ball with Donovan's mom? Let's hope she's extremely involved!

Reaction Score
I mean she did carry him for 9 months, give birth to him, raise him, support him, fund his ability to play AAU basketball, etc, so doesn’t she have the right to be? Hurley is smart because among other things he recruits the family. How many 16 year old kids are able and qualified to make life altering decisions in their own? Many can’t even drive a car responsibly lol.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel like this Clingan "connection" is being way overstated. Is there anything beyond their mothers playing basketball together for 2 years 30 years ago? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that's going to remotely impact his decision, especially when Clingan won't even be here

Nobody really seems to know enough to know if it is overstated. All we know is that they played together and the Clingans attended Flagg’s wedding or vice versa. I’m sure we all have college best buddies that we remain extremely tight with, but many more we have lost entire contact with. Whatever. What does bode well for us, at least marginally, is that Cooper’s mom is obviously a hoops junkie and our staff has shown a great skill in developing kids and running an intricate, modern offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom