Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Some notes from the Duke board.

Adam Rowe avatar
Adam RoweSTAFF
Posted on Jul 31st, 10:43 PM, V I P, User Since 74 months ago, User Post Count: 66178
  • Jul 31st, 10:43 PMVIP
  • 74 months
bluedevil1015 said... (original post) What are the chances he just commits? Not publicly of course, just a word to the staff
show more
Would expect a visit to UConn as well before an announcement of a college destination but the reclassification thing is expected soon.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Adam Rowe avatar
Adam RoweSTAFF
Posted on Aug 1st, 10:02 AM, V I P, User Since 74 months ago, User Post Count: 66178
  • Aug 1st, 10:02 AMVIP
  • 74 months
Brody2014 said... (original post)

Adam, I asked Sail this question and he deferred to you. So here goes:

Do you think Flagg's visit to Uconn is just a courtesy visit? I really like the way Flagg seems to be trending to Duke in the 24 class.
show less
I think he's genuinely interested in UConn. They've got a lot going for them, are pitching serious NIL packages, and are basically the hometown team up there.
In the end, like you, I like the way Flagg seems to be trending to Duke in the 24 class but I think it's silly to dismiss the defending national champions this day and age.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Apparently momma Flagg didn’t make this trip. Looks good for him still making it here for a visit.

Also he stopped by Duke because it was on the way to Montverde. Didn’t get any buzz that he was expected to commit soon from their insiders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some notes from the Duke board.

Adam Rowe avatar
Adam RoweSTAFF
Posted on Jul 31st, 10:43 PM, V I P, User Since 74 months ago, User Post Count: 66178
  • Jul 31st, 10:43 PMVIP
  • 74 months

Would expect a visit to UConn as well before an announcement of a college destination but the reclassification thing is expected soon.
If he visits UConn, he might wait until school starts, then he can rub elbows with Clingan and the rest of the next championship team. I doubt he gave a silent verbal to Duke, but it is possible.

Reaction Score
I am firmly in the camp that believes Flagg is not a long shot/pipe dream. Do we have ground to make up? Yes. Is the Clingan family connection a potential assist? Maybe. Have Hurley and his staff shown they can develop talent AND win? Yes and yes. A kid who is going to be on a college campus for nine months before entering the draft, is intensely competitive, and wants to fine-tune his game before turning pro… I believe he strongly considers Hurley and UConn.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel like this Clingan "connection" is being way overstated. Is there anything beyond their mothers playing basketball together for 2 years 30 years ago? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that's going to remotely impact his decision, especially when Clingan won't even be here

Reaction Score
I really thought that Filipowski was the piece that could bring us a NC last year. We lost him to Duke. We still won the natty. So if this Flagg thing happens, great. If not, we will still field a contender.

BTW, is Scheyer on the hot seat yet? The first time head coach finished third in the ACC and flamed out in the round of 32 in the NCAA tourney. Doubt the Dukies are big on patience.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel like this Clingan "connection" is being way overstated. Is there anything beyond their mothers playing basketball together for 2 years 30 years ago? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that's going to remotely impact his decision, especially when Clingan won't even be here

No.

It's an "oh that's cool" situation. It doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
GIF by Zesty.co - Find & Share on GIPHY

Reaction Score
They are Duke insiders guys. Step back from the ledge.
Exactly. Their confidence is just based on prior chatter about wanting to go to Duke, and the fact that he did an unofficial. Any random schmo would post that.

Reaction Score
I think the kid should skip college and go Overtime Elite or the G-League. Hey, we won't get him, but Duke not getting him makes me happy.

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s the hair? It’s obviously hard to describe something like this. Just like if I asked you to explain why he belongs in a cornfield?
Definitely the hair for the cornfield. That short mop.

Reaction Score
Looking on the optimistic side, even if Flagg were to commit to Duke, I’d think that would increase our chances of landing Betsey. Flagg would be the clear alpha in that Duke class, and would presumably be expected to take the lion’s share of the shots. That might turn even highly rated recruits off. I’d like us to focus on building our TEAM. Ngongba, Betsey, Edgecombe please and thank you.

Reaction Score
Looking on the optimistic side, even if Flagg were to commit to Duke, I’d think that would increase our chances of landing Betsey. Flagg would be the clear alpha in that Duke class, and would presumably be expected to take the lion’s share of the shots. That might turn even highly rated recruits off. I’d like us to focus on building our TEAM. Ngongba, Betsey, Edgecombe please and thank you.
Honestly if losing Flagg meant we ended up with Ngongba, Betsey and Edgecombe as a result sign me tf up.

Reaction Score
Uconn is free rolling here. If they get him great, if not they will get a great haul of other players. Probably goes to duke, but if uconn gets a visit they have a shot. Don’t sweat it, free rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom