2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope he had a good time with Karaban while at Tatum Camp as well. Alex in his recruiting form I believe is really good!

Reaction Score
UConn and Michigan are among the other schools recruiting the 6-foot-10 star from Maine, but his mother Kelly said no other visits are currently scheduled. The family is in in the process of moving to Florida from Maine.

I wonder if they're moving there permanently or just while the boys are at Montverde. Would take away the distance advantage for UConn if it's the former.

Reaction Score
RIP. Probably gave them a verbal on the visit

Screenshot 2023-08-03 152831.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would love to land this kid a) because from all appearances he's an exceptional talent b) because he is basically a local and c) because beating out Duke is always a feel good story.

I'm taking the approach however that for the foreseeable future we really won't have any make or break recruits and our staff will continue to pull in enough talent to keep us at or near the top of college hoops.

Slightly altering a Barry Switzer line: "If he comes to UConn we will win most of our games and compete for national championships. If he doesn't come to UConn we will win most of our games and compete for national championships."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I want to hear it from his camp before throwing the towel in on Cooper.

Reaction Score
I never had my hopes up, although I liked hearing we had any shot at all. If he’s going to Duke, I’d like him to just commit as soon as possible so we can move on.
Move on anyway.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Are ppl really going to be devastated if we don’t get Flagg? Anyone who is is setting themselves up

Reaction Score
PG- Nowell
SG- Edgecombe/Swartz
SF- Abraham
SF/PF- ?
C- Ngongba

What other forwards are staff recruiting besides flagg and betsey?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nobody is devastated, it’s a false narrative from people who wanna be condescending.

Reaction Score
PG- Nowell
SG- Edgecombe/Swartz
SF- Abraham
SF/PF- ?
C- Ngongba

What other forwards are staff recruiting besides flagg and betsey?

Abraham is a SF/PF combo-ish. Like Karaban (with a very different skillset).

Don't get your hopes up on Edgecombe or Swartz.

We're in a good spot with Betsey, but at the end of the day the must-gets for the year were a PG and a C. We've got our PG and are in a great spot with the best center in the class (IMO).

If there's a hole in the roster, you go to the portal. No issue.

Reaction Score
Abraham is a SF/PF combo-ish. Like Karaban (with a very different skillset).

Don't get your hopes up on Edgecombe or Swartz.

We're in a good spot with Betsey, but at the end of the day the must-gets for the year were a PG and a C. We've got our PG and are in a great spot with the best center in the class (IMO).

If there's a hole in the roster, you go to the portal. No issue.
interesting. abraham listed at 180 so he needs to hit the weights if he's gonna play some PF. swartz's final 7 isn't that impressive so i figured we had as good a shot as anyone especially with his visit in september. i agree ngongba the only must-get remaining, but we're gonna lose between 5-7 guys after this season so i'd like more than 3 incoming freshmen.

Reaction Score
interesting. abraham listed at 180 so he needs to hit the weights if he's gonna play some PF. swartz's final 7 isn't that impressive so i figured we had as good a shot as anyone especially with his visit in september. i agree ngongba the only must-get remaining, but we're gonna lose between 5-7 guys after this season so i'd like more than 3 incoming freshmen.

Abraham's most recent weight listed is 195lbs, but I was talking more about skillset than size for Abraham. He doesn't have the handle or shot to play the 3 very well right now unless he's paired with an uber-skilled 4 like Andre. I don't think we'd have enough ballhandling on the floor if our frontcourt was Abraham/Karaban/Clingan, for example.

I don't know if the lack of interest is from our side or Swartz, but I'm just getting the vibe it isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom