2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The cool thing about Cooper Flagg is it seems we are at the very least, making Duke very nervous. He’s a luxury after all we aren’t very used to one-and-dones so if we get him wow very cool. If we don’t there will be a kid in his place who will want to be here 2-4 years to get better and potentially win another NC. All good no matter!

That's the nice thing about the way pur program is built. If UK misses out on a five-star, they're screwed. If we miss out, no issue.

Reaction Score
The cool thing about Cooper Flagg is it seems we are at the very least, making Duke very nervous. He’s a luxury after all we aren’t very used to one-and-dones so if we get him wow very cool. If we don’t there will be a kid in his place who will want to be here 2-4 years to get better and potentially win another NC. All good no matter!
In Hurley we trust! The closer!
They definitely have is going to chance as anyone.
:)

Reaction Score
“He’s had this meteoric rise,” Levinsky said. “It was like, OK, we know he’s Maine good. OK, he’s New England good. OK, he’s nationally good. Then he goes to Team USA and is two years younger than everyone else, and it’s ‘Oh my God, he’s internationally great.’ Then at Montverde, he starts over a top-10 player in the country and plays well there. And then he goes to Peach Jam and is the best player at Peach Jam. With every event, he’s not just good but the best.”

Reaction Score
Didn’t like reading that CF likes playing golf. Duke has a great golf course right on campus, so does UNC. Ouch!

Reaction Score
I think our biggest threat to losing him may be the pros, not Duke. He's being compared to Victor Wembanyama. Obviously they are completely different players, one 7'5" and the other 6'8", but from an impact perspective.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think our biggest threat to losing him may be the pros, not Duke. He's being compared to Victor Wembanyama. Obviously they are completely different players, one 7'5" and the other 6'8", but from an impact perspective.
I actually think he moves almost just like Michael Porter Jr before his back injury.

He’s got some more wiggle to his game and is of course a way better passer with a better motor. But they move pretty similar and our built the same size wise.

Reaction Score
“He’s had this meteoric rise,” Levinsky said. “It was like, OK, we know he’s Maine good. OK, he’s New England good. OK, he’s nationally good. Then he goes to Team USA and is two years younger than everyone else, and it’s ‘Oh my God, he’s internationally great.’ Then at Montverde, he starts over a top-10 player in the country and plays well there. And then he goes to Peach Jam and is the best player at Peach Jam. With every event, he’s not just good but the best.”

It's a great thing that Momma Flagg was a hooper herself and is so involved in Cooper and Ace's basketball journeys. Hopefully the northeast pride and geography plays a factor in the College decision as it did with AAU. Clearly the Flagg circle wants both to play close to home at Maine. Hopefully Hurley and Co. can continue to build a strong relationship with the Flagg family.

And not far from Boston either if they are Celtics diehards. I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Stevens is gonna try to finesse a trade to land Cooper in whatever draft he lands in. They are loading up on picks.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys this is horrible news

Attachments

• C44B88BC-1677-4C28-8CEC-1A8C3D962D45.jpeg
    C44B88BC-1677-4C28-8CEC-1A8C3D962D45.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 752
Reaction Score
Didn’t like reading that CF likes playing golf. Duke has a great golf course right on campus, so does UNC. Ouch!
We have a simulator literally inside our basketball arena. There are plenty of nice courses near UConn, too. I will personally pay for some guest passes to Lake of Isles if he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom