2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything you've said is absolutely true.. As a fan.. It is extremely gratifying to see UConn gaining ground after it has been assumed that Cooper was a Duke lock--at least by the media.. And our staff's activity/focus suggests that they are encouraged by what they're hearing--through whatever channels they're getting their info from....That's all I'm saying..
We were once off Nowell's list too and got back on. Either the coaching staff is persistent, the national title helped or both.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why would a Maineac go down south when there's an equivalent local option?

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen anything related to this yet, but Eye on College Basketball had Finkelstein (director of scouting for 247) on the pod, and they talked about Cooper Flagg. They touched on Flagg being a foregone conclusion to Duke, and the response was essentially that it’s not the case anymore. He specifically talked about Hurley and the staff putting the full court press on him, saying that the consensus is now that Flagg to Duke is no longer in the bag and there will be some serious competition (presumably between Duke and UConn).

It’s on the 7/11/23 episode of the pod at about 20 minutes in.

Reaction Score
Why would a Maineac go down south when there's an equivalent local option?
With him already prepping 1000+ miles from home in FL, hopefully he and his family see the benefit of playing at UConn for a year (or two) before heading to a life of never being in Maine while in the NBA.

Reaction Score
How can you not LOVE Danny Hurley? Yes, I full admit that the one thing that was driving me crazy with Danny was how he would get so hard-headed during certain in-game situations over the last few years that I would find myself yelling at the screen wanting a time out, or making what "I thought" was the wrong substitution, or not switching up on defense when a guy who got hot against us or something just was not working. I am ecstatic about the changes that he and the staff made during and after our January swoon that directly led us to Natty #5. It showed me he had overcome what I saw as his biggest (maybe even only) flaw. In spades! I have rarely if ever been so happy to eat crow.

I will also say on the other hand that I have loved everything else about him since Day 1. He doesn't back down, he doesn't give in, and he let it be known early on that (Year #2, after Villanova game, video has been posted here a multitude of times): "You better get us now... People better get us now, because it's coming." And 3 years later the man was cutting down the nets reserved for Champions!

He has assembled the best coaching staff in all of college basketball... So although this is a long shot going up against Duke particularly for a young man who is a self-professed Duke fan all of his life, I LOVE that our coach is going for it. And even if we ultimately fail in this particular pursuit, Danny has made one thing crystal clear:

We take a back seat to no one any longer, particularly in recruiting. Because we ARE UConn, baby! And that means a whole lot again... and it means something special to put the Husky jersey on again.

Thank you Danny!... and thank you to every one of the men who make up our fabulous coaching staff!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
With him already prepping 1000+ miles from home in FL, hopefully he and his family see the benefit of playing at UConn for a year (or two) before heading to a life of never being in Maine while in the NBA.
I feel like there’s not a chance in the world Flagg is in school for 2 years unless something bad happens.

Reaction Score
He’s been a presumed lock for Duke since practically preschool. Everybody’s making up ground. I like the idea of the staff making others uncomfortable, even if it doesn’t work out this time.

I can’t quite hate Duke in the same way most do here, but even if I am being unbiased, they are still a great option (one of many, calm down) for these guys, with or without K.
I can’t think of 1 UConn fan who likes Duke. I’d rank them near the top of our most disliked opponents.

Reaction Score
Billy Packer's ACC-centric commentary(back in the day) and the fact that he said Chris Smith carried the ball on his famous crossover move is why UConn fans dislike Duke.. Jay Bilas has been trying to compensate for that ever since..
Yeah, that and Laettner elbowing Phil Sellers in the throat and getting away with it.

Reaction Score
I can’t think of 1 UConn fan who likes Duke. I’d rank them near the top of our most disliked opponents.
I hate Duke, but I hate UNC, Louisville, syracuse and kentucky more

Reaction Score
I hate Duke, but I hate UNC, Louisville, syracuse and kentucky more

My list in no order... bc(f them), puke, cuse (Devendorf was terrible), Indiana fans( rival board, balloon knots).

Reaction Score
Outside of Kevin Durant, which other players have had the level of anticipation for a likely one and done season? Flagg is a rock star. It’s almost like if LeBron James had said he wanted to play one year of college and then go into the draft.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yeah, that and Laettner elbowing Phil Sellers in the throat and getting away with it.
Rod Sellers?

Edit: Never mind. Just saw Khal’s post above.

Reaction Score
Did he really get away with though? There is an iconic photo that appears to show some payback.
Yeah he did as he wasn’t even called for a foul or was suspended on a subsequent game. If you want to consider Sellers bouncing Laettner’s head like a basketball on the hard court , I’ll give you that much. Hahahaa. I always smile when I watch that clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom