2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I honestly feel the same about this as I do about getting into the Big 12. I'm girding for disappointment, but what if...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe that time is our best ally here.

The more time passes, the more Scheyer demonstrates that he isn't K,.

The more Scheyer demonstrates that he isn't K, the better our chances.
That's the issue. Do you want your dream school even though it comes with an inferior coach? And that's not even opinion, that's fact.

Reaction Score
The message is clear, stay home and be gorgeous-

IMG_0227.jpeg

Reaction Score
What I like about this situation is objectively, UCONN is his safest bet. Dan and assistant coaches will develop him in case he hits any bumps, like with Hawkins and he will have the supporting cast to ensure he can be the best player possible during his short time in College. He will get massive publicity as well.

There are other schools, sure - Duke, also a good choice but if you are about minimizing risk and excelling in prep for NBA - UCONN is the most logical place for him to go.

Reaction Score
I honestly feel the same about this as I do about getting into the Big 12. I'm girding for disappointment, but what if...

Flagg is so good that if he were to commit to UConn today it might put us over the top for a B12 invite. Triple (at least) the TV ratings for whoever plants Flagg.

Reaction Score
If he reclassifies to 2024 and goes to Duke it would stink but maybe he pushes Betsey toward UConn in that scenario(Betsey may be a UConn lean anyway?).

Reaction Score
We should definitely be all over him. Can't concede anyone to Duke or Kentucky. He's a once in a long time New England recruit and there's the connection with the Clingan's. UConn and Hurley are a hot property now.
Whats the connection that Cooper Flagg has with the Clingans? Curious, and sounds interesting...

Reaction Score
I believe his mother was a teammate of Clingan's mother.
And both Donovan's Mom and Cooper's Mom were coached by Joann P. McCauley, who went on to coach at Duke.

However the Clingans and Flaggs attended each other's weddings.

Whether that, together or separately with geography makes a difference, who knows?

I would imagine Bill Clingan has had a Convo or two with the Flaggs. Couldn't hurt I imagine???

Reaction Score
I believe that time is our best ally here.

The more time passes, the more Scheyer demonstrates that he isn't K,.

The more Scheyer demonstrates that he isn't K, the better our chances.
And all winter long, UConn will have a loaded schedule with plenty of prime time televised games including against the likes of UNC and Kansas (and a loaded Big East). If we have a great season with a deep tournament run, and Duke doesn’t play to its potential, I think the race would be wide open to land him.

Reaction Score
Even if we don't get him, I am happy knowing that at least Duke fans will have to sweat it out. Plus, UConn has proven time and time again that it is perfectly capable of winning natties without 5-star recruits. Team chemistry, coaching and all that other good stuff win the day.

Reaction Score
Their moms played together at Maine. It’s a connection, but I don’t think it’s an especially impactful one. It’s more like an interesting and cool little fact, imo.
It especially doesn't mean much considering Clingan will be in the NBA after this season and they wouldn't even have the chance to play together. Maybe if the Clingan and Flagg families are close, then it might make an impact, but I have no idea if that's even the case.

Reaction Score
It especially doesn't mean much considering Clingan will be in the NBA after this season and they wouldn't even have the chance to play together. Maybe if the Clingan and Flagg families are close, then it might make an impact, but I have no idea if that's even the case.
Think Clingan really does wanna stay his junior year being a local and being roommates with Rosa and might give subtle hints of staying, but ultimately will make the no brainer decision to enter the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom