Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll save you some time before some random fraudulent insider comes in and gives you some made up story that makes no sense: nobody on the Boneyard knows and if they did then they'd have broken the news here before Trilly.

Our staff does not let info out.

90% of info at this point comes from the player side. And Cooper's family has been tight-lipped.

Makes for a boring off-season but our staff does things the right way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If this is true, this has to be a direct result of the UConn visit, correct gang? That in his mind maybe he was so impressed with the visit here that it’s a 2 team race now?
If my math serves me, 50% chance of landing him is better than 33%. I'm waiting to hear his announcement of cancelling his dook visit. Then I'd say our chances of landing him would be pretty good.

Seriously, all this means is KU is out. As to where he's leaning, who knows?!?! He took a second official visit to UConn, so there must have been something that made it worth him doing that. It's going to come down to what coach and culture he feels fits him best. Maybe he'll like what he sees during his official visit to Duke. Maybe he'll come away from that visit, take a little time to compare the two and decide he likes coach Hurley and UConn's program better.

All in all I think there is still room for optimism.

Reaction Score
If my math serves me, 50% chance of landing him is better than 33%. I'm waiting to hear his announcement of cancelling his dook visit. Then I'd say our chances of landing him would be pretty good.

Seriously, all this means is KU is out. As to where he's leaning, who knows?!?! He took a second official visit to UConn, so there must have been something that made it worth him doing that. It's going to come down to what coach and culture he feels fits him best. Maybe he'll like what he sees during his official visit to Duke. Maybe he'll come away from that visit, take a little time to compare the two and decide he likes coach Hurley and UConn's program better.

All in all I think there is still room for optimism.
Earlier reports indicated that Cooper might wait until the spring to announce. I wonder if that still holds true or not.

Reaction Score
Anyone that thinks Duke is a lock is making a huge miscalculation. Sure, CF was a Duke fan as a child, but no New England team was a viable choice during those years. UConn was lost in the abyss of the AAC and didn't merit consideration. But all of that has changed in the past year.

Cancelling on a Kansas visit is the logical first step in choosing between UConn and Duke, and it didn't happen until shortly after Cooper's UConn visit. That means something. Also, the UConn visit scheduled by another top recruit, Ngongba, was announced a few days after CF completed his UConn visit.

Although Cooper could land at Duke, I believe his thinking has changed and things are pointing to both Cooper and Ngongba becoming Huskies. I've got a strong feeling about this.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
After what bill Clingan said in spaces. This is big news guys. We’re legitimately in it

“Courtesy visit” LOL
What did Bill say?

Also I could’ve read it wrong but I thought Kansas was suppose to be the paid courtesy visit kansashusky was talking about.

Reaction Score
That we have a real shot. And to not sleep on our NIL
Duke was his dream school when Coach K was there. Who would you rather play for Jon Scheyer who has done nothing or Dan Hurley who has a national championship on his resume? Nobody mentions Coach K isn't there anymore. I think we have a chance.
ESPECIALLY if he waits until the spring to announce.

Reaction Score
Probably using that weekend to set up an official visit with Providence.
You can never count out those Friars. But, I hope he has more respect for his family than that.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Duke was his dream school when Coach K was there. Who would you rather play for Jon Scheyer who has done nothing or Dan Hurley who has a national championship on his resume? Nobody mentions Coach K isn't there anymore. I think we have a chance.
My thoughts exactly. Plus he’d have to stare at his jersey # up in the rafters formerly worn by the biggest d bag in college sports history.

F Duke

Reaction Score

Since taking a late summer unofficial to Duke and his recent official visit to UConn, Flagg has remained tight-lipped about the status of his recruitment. Throughout the process, though, behind the scenes indications have been that the Blue Devils began the process as the team to beat and that they are still in a strong position. Sources have indicated to 247Sports that the reigning National Champion Huskies did improve their standing with Flagg during his official visit and that they have made this a competitive battle to land the services of the the top ranked player in the country.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
If he goes to Bowdoin, it could be the first time the Haldane Cup was awarded to a freshman.
I think he will surprise everyone by staying very close to home and become the greatest 4 year player in the glorious history of Bowdoin hoops where they have promised to rename the school after him along with a special sandwich at the dining hall. It was brought to his attention that Bowdoin has never lost to Kansas. Duke or the current and 5 time national champs.
Not sure if you’re aware the history of the Haldane Cup and the man it’s named after……..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I need one of our math nerds to work through this:

From what I remember of the Let's make a deal probability excercise, if you pick one of three possibilities (doors), then they remove a door, the door you didn't pick now has a 2-1 chance of being correct.

If Duke was the odds on favorite when there were three options, then Kansas is removed, wouldn't that now put us in the lead?

We need to see the math.

Reaction Score
I need one of our math nerds to work through this:

From what I remember of the Let's make a deal probability excercise, if you pick one of three possibilities (doors), then they remove a door, the door you didn't pick now has a 2-1 chance of being correct.

If Duke was the odds on favorite when there were three options, then Kansas is removed, wouldn't that now put us in the lead?

We need to see the math.

Don’t think it applies to this because there’s no “game show host” who knows which school he is going to choose. But I like where your head’s at.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Possibly he or his Mom decided they didn't want to play for an enabler.

Probably more likely he just wants to go to Duke and decided future other visits (as enjoyable as they are) are just a waste of time in the long run (or the Duke/Nike bag got enormous in fear of KU/Adidas).
People often discount the sneaker company thing but Cooper is already a social media phenomenon with 400k followers. Wouldn’t shock me if he has Nike NIL money lined up already, even as a HS player. Nike shouldn‘t care between Duke and UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom