Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well at least he thought enough about the program to visit. I guess it is realistic to think this is not great news or maybe just maybe he now knows if it ain’t Dook it is us. So we made an impression.

Reaction Score
Possibly he or his Mom decided they didn't want to play for an enabler.

Probably more likely he just wants to go to Duke and decided future other visits (as enjoyable as they are) are just a waste of time in the long run (or the Duke/Nike bag got enormous in fear of KU/Adidas).

Reaction Score
Think it’s slightly good news. Think he’s most likely going to duke with us and Kansas being long shots. Eliminating one of the long shots isn’t bad but probably doesn’t move the needle much

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about the Kansas situation? It’d be funny to believe that he only had Kansas in there for $$ and they couldn’t or wouldn’t come through, so he dropped them. Very unlikely, but would be real funny

We came from behind, made it a race, got into the top 2, and had him on campus for the full pitch. I’ll live with the results, whatever it ends up being

Reaction Score
It eliminates the team who can throw the biggest NIL package. I also don't believe NIL is the biggest factor for him. He's on track to be able to make literally hundreds of millions in the NBA, an extra million in NIL now for a situation he doesn't want isn't likely going to sway him.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily good news, he may have not enjoyed listening to our sales pitch, we didn’t move the needle an inch, he’s ready to go to Puke. Hope this version is completely wrong.
That very well could be true. Duke is the 10-1 favorite if I had to put odds on it. Just the fact that Hurley and Co. got him in for a visit speaks volumes to the job they are doing recruiting. I would be over the moon if Cooper chooses UConn, but I certainly don't expect it. Whatever he decides, UConn is in great hands with Hurley and Co. and I will wish the best to Cooper as long as he isn't playing against UConn.

Reaction Score

Since taking a late summer unofficial to Duke and his recent official visit to UConn, Flagg has remained tight-lipped about the status of his recruitment. Throughout the process, though, behind the scenes indications have been that the Blue Devils began the process as the team to beat and that they are still in a strong position. Sources have indicated to 247Sports that the reigning National Champion Huskies did improve their standing with Flagg during his official visit and that they have made this a competitive battle to land the services of the the top ranked player in the country.

Reaction Score
Think it’s slightly good news. Think he’s most likely going to duke with us and Kansas being long shots. Eliminating one of the long shots isn’t bad but probably doesn’t move the needle much
I don’t think it’s like that at all. Either Scheyer or Hurley is getting a phone call tonight. Or both.

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about the Kansas situation? It’d be funny to believe that he only had Kansas in there for $$ and they couldn’t or wouldn’t come through, so he dropped them. Very unlikely, but would be real funny

We came from behind, made it a race, got into the top 2, and had him on campus for the full pitch. I’ll live with the results, whatever it ends up being
I'll save you some time before some random fraudulent insider comes in and gives you some made up story that makes no sense: nobody on the Boneyard knows and if they did then they'd have broken the news here before Trilly.

Reaction Score
From tweet above:

IMG_0013.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'll save you some time before some random fraudulent insider comes in and gives you some made up story that makes no sense: nobody on the Boneyard knows and if they did then they'd have broken the news here before Trilly.
Like if we thought this staff was tight lipped, they're not going to blab MORE about a recruitment as important as Cooper's.

Reaction Score
From tweet above:

View attachment 91806

This just isn't how recruiting works. 99.9% of the work has been done. There's no "race." It's not like a couple extra phone calls makes a difference or we send a new offensive set to showcase him.

NIL packages are together, pitches have been made (or will be on the Duke visit), relationships have been built.

It's just a matter of Cooper making a decision with his family based on their values and needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom