Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Don’t think it applies to this because there’s no “game show host” who knows which school he is going to choose. But I like where your head’s at.

For those playing along at home, when you pick door #1 there is a 1/3 chance that you are correct and a 2/3 chance you are wrong. If the host, knowing whether 2 or 3 has the prize, shows you that 2 does not, door #1 still has a 1/3 chance — eliminating a door which the host knew was empty doesn’t change anything with respect to #1 — but door #3 represents the other 2/3ds of the odds.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People often discount the sneaker company thing but Cooper is already a social media phenomenon with 400k followers. Wouldn’t shock me if he has Nike NIL money lined up already, even as a HS player. Nike shouldn‘t care between Duke and UConn.
Nike is probably telling him Duke is better for his brand value. But he probably doesn’t care much about that.

Reaction Score
What did Bill say?

Also I could’ve read it wrong but I thought Kansas was suppose to be the paid courtesy visit kansashusky was talking about.
Based on his followup posts it was definitely about the UConn visit

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Anyone that thinks Duke is a lock is making a huge miscalculation. Sure, CF was a Duke fan as a child, but no New England team was a viable choice during those years. UConn was lost in the abyss of the AAC and didn't merit consideration. But all of that has changed in the past year.

Cancelling on a Kansas visit is the logical first step in choosing between UConn and Duke, and it didn't happen until shortly after Cooper's UConn visit. That means something. Also, the UConn visit scheduled by another top recruit, Ngongba, was announced a few days after CF completed his UConn visit.

Although Cooper could land at Duke, I believe his thinking has changed and things are pointing to both Cooper and Ngongba becoming Huskies. I've got a strong feeling about this.

1696330855253.png

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he is 99% sold on UC, and leaving the Duke visit in there just because it 'was' his dream school. Also have a good feeling about this.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re aware the history of the Haldane Cup and the man it’s named after……..

Thanks. Many years ago my son was accepted by Bowdoin but went elsewhere. We had visited and liked it a lot. He had some very good choices to makrv. He was known as the Cooper Flagg of his generation. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For those playing along at home, when you pick door #1 there is a 1/3 chance that you are correct and a 2/3 chance you are wrong. If the host, knowing whether 2 or 3 has the prize, shows you that 2 does not, door #1 still has a 1/3 chance — eliminating a door which the host knew was empty doesn’t change anything with respect to #1 — but door #3 represents the other 2/3ds of the odds.
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

From the Courant

"If UConn can land Flagg, he would become the first No. 1 overall recruit ever to sign with the Huskies. Despite having won more national titles than anyone else in the sport this millennium, UConn had mostly remained a notch or two below schools like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas on the recruiting trail. If Hurley captures Flagg though, it would signal that UConn takes a back seat to no one– on the court or in luring five-star talent."

Lionsgate Rambo GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Reaction Score
I'm thinking he is 99% sold on UC, and leaving the Duke visit in there just because it 'was' his dream school. Also have a good feeling about this.
Just remember he already has visited Duke, (unofficially of course) and taken photo ops with the players, etc.

Reaction Score
I'm excited because no matter what happens, the board implodes.

Most likely outcome: He picks Duke. Everyone is shocked for some reason. The board implodes.

Less likely outcome: He picks UConn. The old-timers complain that one-and-dones are useless. Chaos ensues. The board implodes.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Great movie and even better book.

Reaction Score

Most likely outcome: He picks Duke. Everyone is shocked for some reason. The board implodes.

Less likely outcome: He picks UConn. The old-timers complain that one-and-dones are useless. Chaos ensues. The board implodes.
How much could he make with NIL if he stays a 2nd year?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

No one’s gonna be shocked if he goes to Duke, we’re all expecting it.

Reaction Score

No disrespect, I think you had it reverse. No one expect him to pick UConn, at least u til recently.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How much could he make with NIL if he stays a 2nd year?
Way less than he'd make in just NIL money alone in the NBA, not even counting his NBA salary. NIL was always available to professionals, it's only new to college players. He will be in Nike ads and other commercials ASAP.

Hope he chooses UConn, but it won't impact is earnings at all.

Reaction Score
Not nearly as much as he'd make as a top NBA draft pick rookie.
Thanks, but everyone and his grandmother already knew that. Would it be enough to keep him in college a 2nd year? Would he want to get his degree down the road? Or would his parents want him to get his degree down the road. If he and they are thinking along those lines then after being in the pros a few years he could go back to school part time with only two years or so to finish up, instead of three. 21% of NBA players have degrees and it serves them well.

Reaction Score

"Can you believe we're spending valuable monetary resources on 1 and done players while the Athletic Department runs at a $42M deficit?"

Reaction Score
Thanks, but everyone and his grandmother already knew that. Would it be enough to keep him in college a 2nd year? Would he want to get his degree down the road? Or would his parents want him to get his degree down the road. If he and they are thinking along those lines then after being in the pros a few years he could go back to school part time with only two years or so to finish up, instead of three. 21% of NBA players have degrees and it serves them well.
Cooper Flagg is going to have an 8 figure net worth in less than 2 years. He can go back and finish school whenever he wants, if he wants to. Khalid El-Amin JUST graduated.

There is zero reason to do this unless you're an academic. If he was an academic, he's not choosing UConn over Duke.

Take a look at the past NBA drafts, young kids are the most desirable and drafted earlier than their stats warrant because teams are drafting based on potential.

Now take a look at this years upcoming mock draft. There is 1 sophomore in the lottery(guess who), everyone else is a freshman or an international 18/19 year old. Of the top 24 picks in the upcoming draft, only 4 are projected to be a sophomore or older.
Staying in college when you have the buzz to go is a terrible decision based on the way NBA teams draft their rosters today.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.52.51 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom