Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cooper Flagg is going to have an 8 figure net worth in less than 2 years. He can go back and finish school whenever he wants, if he wants to. Khalid El-Amin JUST graduated.

There is zero reason to do this unless you're an academic. If he was an academic, he's not choosing UConn over Duke.

Take a look at the past NBA drafts, young kids are the most desirable and drafted earlier than their stats warrant because teams are drafting based on potential.

Now take a look at this years upcoming mock draft. There is 1 sophomore in the lottery(guess who), everyone else is a freshman or an international 18/19 year old. Of the top 24 picks in the upcoming draft, only 4 are projected to be a sophomore or older.
Staying in college when you have the buzz to go is a terrible decision based on the way NBA teams draft their rosters today.
View attachment 91824

Clingan is also the age of 4 or 5 of these guys. Either a little bit old or a few months younger. I would imagine that is helping his draft position quite a bit.

Reaction Score
10-1s aren't favorites.

Dukes probably a 1/5 favorite.
LMFAO. Whatever the parlance is. Let's put it this way, if one were betting $100 on Duke to land Cooper Flagg, they should only get an extra $10 in return for a total of $110. Whereas if one were to make the same $100 wager on UConn to do the same thing they should get an extra $1,000.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"Can you believe we're spending valuable monetary resources on 1 and done players while the Athletic Department runs at a $42M deficit?"
Uconn men basketball is one of the very few bottom line moneymaking endeavors in the entire state budget of CT. And we are not even counting the world wide exposure it brings to the university.

Reaction Score
Uconn men basketball is one of the very few bottom line moneymaking endeavors in the entire state budget of CT. And we are not even counting the world wide exposure it brings to the university.
sorry, should have added a "/s" to this statement.

Totally agree with you, it's just one of my favorite talking points from the doom and gloom ppl on this board.

Reaction Score
1696350076457.png

Not a great sign.

Reaction Score
They probably have a 74-77% chance of landing Flagg. Just a hunch.
I don't know...anytime I see the numbers 77 & 74 in the same sentence as Duke, I like our odds.

We shocked the world!

Reaction Score
Cooper Flagg is going to have an 8 figure net worth in less than 2 years. He can go back and finish school whenever he wants, if he wants to. Khalid El-Amin JUST graduated.

There is zero reason to do this unless you're an academic. If he was an academic, he's not choosing UConn over Duke.

Take a look at the past NBA drafts, young kids are the most desirable and drafted earlier than their stats warrant because teams are drafting based on potential.

Now take a look at this years upcoming mock draft. There is 1 sophomore in the lottery(guess who), everyone else is a freshman or an international 18/19 year old. Of the top 24 picks in the upcoming draft, only 4 are projected to be a sophomore or older.
Staying in college when you have the buzz to go is a terrible decision based on the way NBA teams draft their rosters today.
View attachment 91824
Ok thanks

Reaction Score
I think we need to keep in mind, if all of this was done before the visits even started, why would he cancel the Kansas Visit?

I truly believe there has been a material change in the recruitment, even if it’s pure speculation

Reaction Score
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

From the Courant

"If UConn can land Flagg, he would become the first No. 1 overall recruit ever to sign with the Huskies. Despite having won more national titles than anyone else in the sport this millennium, UConn had mostly remained a notch or two below schools like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas on the recruiting trail. If Hurley captures Flagg though, it would signal that UConn takes a back seat to no one– on the court or in luring five-star talent."

Lionsgate Rambo GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Ahhh. New slogan - "Capture the Flagg!" (Sorry if I'm not the only genius who came up with this. :)

Reaction Score
Some people may be setting themselves up for disappointment by reading everything as a positive for us. We all want it to happen but that does not make it more likely to happen. I would love to be shocked but I would rather assume the most likely scenario and be pleasantly surprised if we shock the world than set my self up for disappointment.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some people may be setting themselves up for disappointment by reading everything as a positive for us
No one. Absolutely no one should be disappointed. We may get him yet, but even if we don't (and no one should have expected it. EVER). We were in play for a generational best talent in country and put him to the test to even decide that he might want to go somewhere else than his dream school. Hurley and staff should have everyone's accolades and ZERO disappointment , No matter the outcome. Calhoun, our savior, never even sniffed a player like this except maybe Drummond. We are more than fine in every way, either way. I understand millenials and Gen Z'ers need a social media puff up, but me? Im content to win titles with whoever we got (and they are all great!) Cooper could help us too, obviously, but we didnt have anyone NEAR the title of best player in the country last year. Did We? But we double digited everyone. We still have Karaban for a year or two. I like my stonks.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'd like to counter that thought. Kevin Durant visited UConn and told the staff he was committing to UConn. That's at least a sniff. There may have been others but I can't think of a better example off hand.

Cooper way more serious about going to our school than KD ever was. And I remember that. I mean youre one step from mentioning Kevin Garnett.

August_West

Reaction Score
Glenn Robinson?
LOL no.

If people want to start throwing around "mentions vs. actual players that would come" its going to be a long day. And we got 'Yell!

August_West

Reaction Score
"Lebron was going to Louisville"

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No one. Absolutely no one should be disappointed. We may get him yet, but even if we don't (and no one should have expected it. EVER). We were in play for a generational best talent in country and put him to the test to even decide that he might want to go somewhere else than his dream school. Hurley and staff should have everyone's accolades and ZERO disappointment , No matter the outcome. Calhoun, our savior, never even sniffed a player like this except maybe Drummond. We are more than fine in every way, either way. I understand millenials and Gen Z'ers need a social media puff up, but me? Im content to win titles with whoever we got (and they are all great!) Cooper could help us too, obviously, but we didnt have anyone NEAR the title of best player in the country last year. Did We? But we double digited everyone. We still have Karaban for a year or two. I like my stonks.

Playing (Blue) Devil's Advocate (yuck), do you think Hurley gets him on campus without the connection between Flagg's mom and Clingan's?

I think it's cool we're in the final 2 with a guy like Flagg and, don't get me wrong, Hurley is bringing it recruiting-wise, but the way I see it people are absolutely deluding themselves into thinking Flagg canceled the visit with KU because UConn blew him away and those people are absolutely setting themselves up to be devastated.

Heck, I'll be disappointed if he signs with Duke and I'm full expecting him to.

August_West

Reaction Score
Every post doesn’t need to be profound. We’re just shooting the sh *ts. Nobody knows anything
Agreed. And all good. It just seems long past time that the BY (not you speicifically) stops treating Twitter shares as a "source". The BY actually has far more actual inside info than twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom