Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

If true, Hurley taking a page out of Geno's recruiting playbook. Geno is known to have done this for top recruits for several years now. It could make a difference to a recruit like Cooper.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Playing (Blue) Devil's Advocate (yuck), do you think Hurley gets him on campus without the connection between Flagg's mom and Clingan's

I cant answer that unequivocally, but if ever there was a year the answer would be yes, it would be this one. That's the best I can do.

August_West

Reaction Score
If true, Hurley taking a page out of Geno's recruiting playbook. Geno is known to have done this for top recruits for several years now. It could make a difference to a recruit like Cooper.
The men did it a bunch too. That aint just "Geno's playbook"

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I cant answer that unequivocally, but if ever there was a year the answer would be yes, it would be this one. That's the best I can do.

Can't disagree with that logic

Reaction Score
No one. Absolutely no one should be disappointed. We may get him yet, but even if we don't (and no one should have expected it. EVER). We were in play for a generational best talent in country and put him to the test to even decide that he might want to go somewhere else than his dream school. Hurley and staff should have everyone's accolades and ZERO disappointment , No matter the outcome. Calhoun, our savior, never even sniffed a player like this except maybe Drummond. We are more than fine in every way, either way. I understand millenials and Gen Z'ers need a social media puff up, but me? Im content to win titles with whoever we got (and they are all great!) Cooper could help us too, obviously, but we didnt have anyone NEAR the title of best player in the country last year. Did We? But we double digited everyone. We still have Karaban for a year or two. I like my stonks.
Actually, we did have someone who was near being the best college basketball player in the country last year. He just wasn't viewed that way by casual fans because he wasn't an NBA prototype.

August_West

Reaction Score
I mean best case it’s a favor for cooper, worst case it’s just a random low major team we always play. Really no downside.

The funny thing about this whole line of thinking is that both UConn AND Duke would play their whole non con schedule in the state of Maine if it captured the Flagg.

August_West

Reaction Score
Actually, we did have someone who was near being the best college basketball player in the country last year. He just wasn't viewed that way by casual fans because he wasn't an NBA prototype.

Im not talking about the effective rate of performance. I think we had 3 of the 5 (and 5 of the 10 ) best players in the country. It proved itself out.

But we didnt have ONE first or second team AA.

August_West

Reaction Score
One game in Maine? I raise you 3 games in Maine, your move Duke…

I mean this should happen.

But it doesnt mean anything, so it wont. If it meant something it already wouldve.

Reaction Score
Im not talking about the effective rate of performance. I think we had 3 of the 5 (and 5 of the 10 ) best players in the country. It proved itself out.

But we didnt have ONE first or second team AA.
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. Sanogo absolutely was good enough to be first or second team AA as a college player. He wasn't because media pays more attention to those with NBA potential than those who are built to be great college players. You really think there were 4 Centers you would have taken to build a college team around than Sanogo?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean this should happen.

But it doesnt mean anything, so it wont. If it meant something it already wouldve.
I don't see any way we play a game in Maine. I can see us scheduling U Maine. That would be pretty ordinary really.

August_West

Reaction Score
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. Sanogo absolutely was good enough to be first or second team AA as a college player.
But he wasnt either one (I thought he deserved it too) and no you didnt read the rest of my post did you? Or just choose to ignore it?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One game in Maine? I raise you 3 games in Maine, your move Duke…
I don't see any way we play a game in Maine. I can see us scheduling U Maine. That would be pretty ordinary really.

Play in Maine and then see if the game is held on campus or in Portland.

Just so half the BY can lose their mind over the game's location.

Reaction Score
Heck, we could add New Hampshire, BU, BC, Merrimack, Dartmouth, Stonehill and a host of other non-conference cupcakes within 100 miles of Flagg's home to sweeten the deal.

Reaction Score
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. Sanogo absolutely was good enough to be first or second team AA as a college player. He wasn't because media pays more attention to those with NBA potential than those who are built to be great college players. You really think there were 4 Centers you would have taken to build a college team around than Sanogo?
Do you have even any idea who were on the All-American teams last year?

Among the 1st or 2nd teams, 1/10 was a lottery pick, 1 guy went 18th, 1 guy 25th, and 7 guys 2nd round or undrafted (or returned to school because they weren't going to be first round picks).

And yes, they picked 5 bigs before him for the teams. He probably gets on there before Tubelis and Tshiebwe if they included tournament games.

Reaction Score
Cooper way more serious about going to our school than KD ever was. And I remember that. I mean youre one step from mentioning Kevin Garnett.
How do you get that? I've mentioned this a bunch of times but someone very close to the situation told me KD told the staff he was committing to UConn at the end of his visit. Of course he told UNC the same thing on his visit there and then spurned both to go to Texas of all places.

And not for nothing, but how do you know how serious Cooper is about going to UConn? More serious than Durant was? How? Please explain in more detail.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Play in Maine and then see if the game is held on campus or in Portland.

Just so half the BY can lose their mind over the game's location.
Does Portland even have an arena? I found it. Not impressive. Better than Orono I suppose, but not much.

Reaction Score
I mean best case it’s a favor for cooper, worst case it’s just a random low major team we always play. Really no downside.
Except that he's talking about playing the game at Maine, not at home like UConn always would do for a low major game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Does Portland even have an arena? I found it. Not impressive. Better than Orono I suppose, but not much.

Fine. Bangor or Augusta, ME community center.

Make it happen. Can't play a game of this magnitude in the rinky dink on-campus arena in Orono.

UConn fans in Fairfield County won't drive all the way up to Orono for a 7pm weeknight game. You have to play off campus.

August_West

Reaction Score

Cumberland County Civic Center it was called. Spent my 18th Birthday there on April fools 1985 seeing the Grateful Dead. After the show Brent Mydland ( the Deads keyboard player ) spent the night with me and my friends hotel room doing unmentionable things off a mirror. Next morning after 90 minutes of sleep I rode the elevator down, by happenstance with Bob Weir and got invited to, and then proceeded to have, breakfast with him and a bunch of girls younger than me. Im sure someone here has a better 18th bday story, but I'll take mine. Anyway. I like Maine. I like Cooper. The vibes are good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Except that he's talking about playing the game at Maine, not at home like UConn always would do for a low major game.
It’s not like we’d have any chance of losing either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom